Windows 10: How do i search with Cortana Effectivly?

Discus and support How do i search with Cortana Effectivly? in Cortana to solve the problem; i just started utlizing cortana and im trying to understand how to search is force for specific files on my computer So let's say I was searching for... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by AssafGoldlust, Jul 29, 2020.

1. How do i search with Cortana Effectivly?

i just started utlizing cortana and im trying to understand how to search is force for specific files on my computer

So let's say I was searching for a video file by its name. How do i get cortana to find it for me?
    becuse so far everytime im l;ooking for videos she gives me web results

:)

AssafGoldlust, Jul 29, 2020
  2. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

How do i search with Cortana Effectivly? [​IMG]

Try0x101, Jul 29, 2020
  3. ehr444 Win User
    How do I reset Cortana after clicking "Not Interested"?

When I type Cortana & Search settings, the option appears with a gear icon. Next I hit enter. Nothing happens.

I have checked language settings and they are correct.

Thanks for the suggestions.

ehr444, Jul 29, 2020
  4. How do i search with Cortana Effectivly?

Exited out of Cortana how do I get it back on?

Hi Monica,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I can understand the inconvenience caused, be assured that we are here to help you with your concern.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better:

• Did you removed Cortana from the task bar?
    • Are you logged in using Microsoft account?

If you remove the search icon from the taskbar, Cortana will also be removed. To enable Cortana, we have to get the search bar back onto the taskbar. To do that, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right click on the taskbar.
    • Select Search.
    • Choose the option “Show Search Box.”
    • You will see the search box on the taskbar.

To Enable Cortana, follow the steps below.

• Tap the Search bar on the task bar.
    • Select the Hamburger icon
      How do i search with Cortana Effectivly? 1c09c552-684e-4831-aa79-5e721796e6b0.png
      towards the top left corner.
    • Choose Settings.
    • Under “Do you want Cortana to work for you”, ensure that it is turned “On” as shown below.

Hope it helps. Please reply to us for any further help and we will be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

How do i search with Cortana Effectivly?

1. How do i search with Cortana Effectivly? - Similar Threads - search Cortana Effectivly

2. how do I merge the new cortana and search?

in Cortana
    how do I merge the new cortana and search?: I want the new cortana and search to be merged...
  3. how do I merge the new cortana and search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I merge the new cortana and search?: I want the new cortana and search to be merged...
  4. how do I merge the new cortana and search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I restore the Cortana search box?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I restore the Cortana search box?: I've tried right-clicking the search engine (it's only an icon), but there is no Cortana option. How do I resolve this issue? submitted by /u/victoria_queen [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/rix9jb/how_do_i_restore_the_cortana_search_box/
  6. How do I get the Cortana search box?

in Cortana
    How do I get the Cortana search box?: I've been searching online and everything says to right click the task bar and go to the Cortana tab, but I don't have a Cortana tab. The only Cortana related item there is to enable the button to open the Cortana app. I'm also not using small taskbar icons....
  7. How do I merge Cortana and Search?

in Cortana
    How do I merge Cortana and Search?: On my Mac, i've used bootcamp to install windows 10. This version has search and Cortana split, which makes the taskbar clunky and hogs space I could use. I'm not trying to hide anything from the bar, I want to merge them back together. If there is a registry hack, program or...
  8. How do I reduce the Cortana search box size

in Cortana
    How do I reduce the Cortana search box size: Out of no where the box that opens when I click the cortana icon has more than doubled in size and is completely hideous as it now takes up 1/4th of my screen for no reason. I can't seem to find any setting that allows me to revert this travesty of a change and was hoping...
  9. How do I disable Cortana and still use the search function?

in Cortana
    How do I disable Cortana and still use the search function?: I have no use for Cortana. It is a burden on my system with no benefit for me. How do I disable it and maintain the search function? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-cortana-and-still-use-the-search/6eed2ac0-b8e9-436c-b61d-f725949fb9ef"
  10. There's a search instead of Cortana. how do I fix this

in Cortana
    There's a search instead of Cortana. how do I fix this: There's a search instead of Cortana. how do I fix this??? You Can See in This Image, Theres Search Icon Instead of Cortana icon. HELP! (I BOUGHT Windows 10 JUST to Try Out Cortana But :( )...