Windows 10: How do I secure my log on to Windows with a password

Discus and support How do I secure my log on to Windows with a password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just bought a new desktop computer. With my old machine, I would leave the computer in sleep mode, knowing that no one could access my files without... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JOQuantaman, Jun 27, 2021.

1. How do I secure my log on to Windows with a password

I just bought a new desktop computer. With my old machine, I would leave the computer in sleep mode, knowing that no one could access my files without inputting the password. How do I set this up on my new computer?

:)

JOQuantaman, Jun 27, 2021

2. Can't change password to log in windows or add pin

Hello Mathieu,

The issue you are experiencing may have something to do with your profile or with the Windows components of your device. That being said, we will be performing some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this problem. To start, we suggest that you
    change your password via https://account.microsoft.com/. Here's how:

Once done, log in your account to your device using the new password. Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Jun 27, 2021
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jun 27, 2021
  4. How do I secure my log on to Windows with a password

Windows 10 password security

Hi James,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

• What is the exact error message you get when you enter the password?
    • Did you reset the password again?

If you haven't, I suggest you to Reset your password
    and check.

While entering the password, I suggest you to enter the password from the On screen keyboard. To do so, follow these steps.

• On the Lock screen, click on the Ease of access button near the Power button.
    • Enable the Onscreen keyboard and enter the password.
    • Before hitting enter, click on the eye logo to confirm the password and hit
      enter.

Hope this helps you. Let us know if the issue persist. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

How do I secure my log on to Windows with a password

1. How do I secure my log on to Windows with a password - Similar Threads - secure log password

2. How do I change my windows security password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my windows security password: Just need to know how I can go change my windows security password because I forgot mine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-windows-security-password/149182d7-1b64-46d7-839b-59b7c8777c22
  3. How do I change my windows security password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my windows security password: Just need to know how I can go change my windows security password because I forgot mine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-windows-security-password/149182d7-1b64-46d7-839b-59b7c8777c22
  4. How do I change my windows security password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How do I log in if I forgot my password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I log in if I forgot my password?: I refreshed my computer, so reinstalled windows but kept my files, but when I finished it asked for a password, I have no clue what it is, and the security questions I had were no help. How can I reset my password without losing all my files? Or is there no other way?...
  6. How do I log in if I forgot my password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I log in if I forgot my password?: I refreshed my computer, so reinstalled windows but kept my files, but when I finished it asked for a password, I have no clue what it is, and the security questions I had were no help. How can I reset my password without losing all my files? Or is there no other way?...
  7. How do I log in if I forgot my password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How do I update my password in Windows Security?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I update my password in Windows Security?: How do I update my password, which I've forgotten, in Windows Security to be able to view another laptop on my network? I'm at "Enter Network Credentials"....
  9. how do I changed my windows security password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I changed my windows security password?: Sometimes when I try to connect my VPN, I get asked for my windows security password. Have tried all I remember....How do I change the password?...
  10. How do I delete the log in password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I delete the log in password.: How do I delete the log in password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-the-log-in-password/686e3842-5aa8-4675-8f8c-b3c82392fee3