Windows 10: How do I "SECURELEY" enable Remote Registry service for one of our client.

Discus and support How do I "SECURELEY" enable Remote Registry service for one of our client. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Team,Our Client wants the Remote Registry service to be enabled permanently, as they are using this service/port to start *** service on their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aniket Mohite, Aug 10, 2022.

1. How do I "SECURELEY" enable Remote Registry service for one of our client.

Hello Team,Our Client wants the Remote Registry service to be enabled permanently, as they are using this service/port to start *** service on their multiple servers. Please assist us to securely enable this service to avoid any Remote code execution or any other attack on clients network.

:)

Aniket Mohite, Aug 10, 2022

2. Something keeps enabling remote registry

I recently switch to Kaspersky Internet Security, which will tell me every single day that remote registry is enabled, and prompt me to disable it, which I do.

I have manually checked and confirmed that the service is definitely disabled, not just stopped.

But within 24 hours, it will somehow get re-enabled and Kaspersky will give me the alert again. And yes, I do confirm that the service really is re-enabled and running.

How can I find out what is constantly enabling the remote-registry service?

Snake Hollywood, Aug 10, 2022
  3. PKTeneja Win User
    Remote Registry

Hi Zackary,

Thanks for quick revert. However looks like i didn't phrase my query correctly. Let me try and explain again.

I am aware of enabling remote registry services on systems. However i am looking to restrict access to remote registry services on end systems from a specific user / IP.

I am in a process of deploying NAC solution which needs to connect to remote registry services of end systems to do compliance check ( AV update status, Patches etc). I can't afford to enable access to remote registry of end points from entire network because
    of security reasons.

Please advise if there is any way to restrict access to remote registry services.

Thanks

PKTeneja, Aug 10, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

How do I "SECURELEY" enable Remote Registry service for one of our client.

Right Shift key for in Remote Desktop client for Android gets stuck

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that your query regarding Remote Desktop client on Android.

We do have a dedicated forum for issues concerning to Remote Desktop clients, let me point you in the right direction, where you will get assistance on this issue. I would suggest you to post your query in

TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Remote Desktop clients.

Article for reference:

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

How do I "SECURELEY" enable Remote Registry service for one of our client.

1. How do I "SECURELEY" enable Remote Registry service for one of our client. - Similar Threads - SECURELEY enable Remote

2. How do I "SECURELEY" enable Remote Registry service for one of our client.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I "SECURELEY" enable Remote Registry service for one of our client.: Hello Team,Our Client wants the Remote Registry service to be enabled permanently, as they are using this service/port to start *** service on their multiple servers. Please assist us to securely enable this service to avoid any Remote code execution or any other attack on...
  3. How do I "SECURELEY" enable Remote Registry service for one of our client.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I "SECURELEY" enable Remote Registry service for one of our client.: Hello Team,Our Client wants the Remote Registry service to be enabled permanently, as they are using this service/port to start *** service on their multiple servers. Please assist us to securely enable this service to avoid any Remote code execution or any other attack on...
  4. Group policy client service failed the sign in - Remote Desktop Client

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group policy client service failed the sign in - Remote Desktop Client: Hi everyone,Wondering if someone knows how to fix "Group policy client service failed the sign in" error on Remote Desktop Client Version 1.2.313.0 64 on WIndows 10Trying to fix this for one of our Users and this problem just happened recently. Troubleshooting performed:1....
  5. Group policy client service failed the sign in - Remote Desktop Client

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Group policy client service failed the sign in - Remote Desktop Client: Hi everyone,Wondering if someone knows how to fix "Group policy client service failed the sign in" error on Remote Desktop Client Version 1.2.313.0 64 on WIndows 10Trying to fix this for one of our Users and this problem just happened recently. Troubleshooting performed:1....
  6. How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely: To enable Remote Desktop Services (RDP) you might need to either use Group Policies or by physical access on the computer or server. Remotely you would need to use command line with PSTools which can be downloaded here. Once downloaded and extracted type in the below...
  7. How do I enable a USB device in Remote Desktop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I enable a USB device in Remote Desktop?: On my desktop PC I have a USB CD-ROM drive connected. When I use remote desktop from my laptop to connect to my desktop PC while the USB drive shows up in Explorer in the desktop session it does not function. Windows Media player or other audio apps with run in the desktop...
  8. How do I enable certain services?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I enable certain services?: So there are some services in my computer that are currently disabled and cause some apps to not function. I dont know how or why is this like it is but okay. Now, how do I enable the services? I did go to properties but the box is absolutely grayed out meaning i cannot do...
  9. Something keeps enabling remote registry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something keeps enabling remote registry: I recently switch to Kaspersky Internet Security, which will tell me every single day that remote registry is enabled, and prompt me to disable it, which I do. I have manually checked and confirmed that the service is definitely disabled, not just stopped. But within 24...
  10. How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely: To enable Remote Desktop Services (RDP) you might need to either use Group Policies or by physical access on the computer or server. Remotely you would need to use command line with PSTools which can be downloaded here. Once downloaded and extracted type in the below...