Windows 10: How do I see a keyboard character map?

Discus and support How do I see a keyboard character map? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I switch default languages from English to French to German, and I can't always remember how to get the special characters on the keyboard when I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by quinet2000, Jul 5, 2021.

1. How do I see a keyboard character map?

I switch default languages from English to French to German, and I can't always remember how to get the special characters on the keyboard when I do so. Is there a way to see a character map for my keyboard when I have changed to a different language keyboard?

:)

quinet2000, Jul 5, 2021

2. Character Map

Hi Susan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below listed questions and get back to us.

1. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Does this issue occur on Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, or any other browser?
    3. Once the text disappears, are you able to undo that by press the 'Ctrl' key and the 'Z' key from your keyboard?

Meanwhile, try the below troubleshooting steps:

Method 1: Check if your Windows is Up-to-date.

Go to Settings > Update and Security >
    Windows Updates and install all the Windows Updates if there are any.

Method 2: Use a different browser

Use a different browser to access Gmail and see if you are facing the same issue.

Method 3: Adding the characters manually from Character Map.

Step 1: Click on the
    Start Menu and search for Character Map and hit
    Enter.

Step 2: Once the
    Character Map launches, look for the character that you want to add >
    Select that character and click on Copy.

Step 3: Go to the email that
    you want to add the character and paste the character by pressing the ‘Windows’ key and the ‘V’ key from your keyboard and see if the characters are disappearing.

​Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 5, 2021
  3. Keyboard character key mapping

In summary, what I need to do is to map:

• key e0-34 to the "$" character (Shift-4)
    • and key e0-33 to the "€" character (Alt-0128)
    Voila.

Please help.

Thanks.

YvesTrottier, Jul 5, 2021
  4. How do I see a keyboard character map?

character map

Bottom right corner of what?

I would love to have a CHARACTER MAP pinned to my windowa 10 taskbar. If anybody knows a way to do this please list every step so that any neophyte can understand the process.

LarryMacLeod, Jul 5, 2021
Thema:

How do I see a keyboard character map?

1. How do I see a keyboard character map? - Similar Threads - keyboard character map

2. How do I fix keyboard mapping?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix keyboard mapping?: I'm currently typing this using the on screen keyboard. I'm on a laptop and for some reason some of the keys are mapped to multiple inputs. For example, my "w" key is mapped to "w" and "0" so when I press "w", the result would be "w0" instead of just "w". My "s" key is also...
  3. How do I fix keyboard mapping?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix keyboard mapping?: I'm currently typing this using the on screen keyboard. I'm on a laptop and for some reason some of the keys are mapped to multiple inputs. For example, my "w" key is mapped to "w" and "0" so when I press "w", the result would be "w0" instead of just "w". My "s" key is also...
  4. How to support Non-BMP characters in character map

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to support Non-BMP characters in character map: I need help. how to put non-BMP symbols on Character plane? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-support-non-bmp-characters-in-character-map/84c42edf-0955-4459-9471-510b72a7eaaa
  5. How to support Non-BMP characters in character map

How to support Non-BMP characters in character map: I need help. how to put non-BMP symbols on Character plane? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-support-non-bmp-characters-in-character-map/84c42edf-0955-4459-9471-510b72a7eaaa
  6. Universal Character Map

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Universal Character Map: I'm trying to download this from the Microsoft and I keep getting the following error:This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the default app settings page....
  7. Universal Character Map

Universal Character Map: I'm trying to download this from the Microsoft and I keep getting the following error:This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the default app settings page....
  8. Character Map

in Cortana
    Character Map: Is there a way to pin the Character Map to the bottom of my page, don't know what that area is called, so I don't have to enter it in search every time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/character-map/06e6edf3-f133-45d0-ae5b-477c6b069f03
  9. Cannot See Private Use Characters in Character Map

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot See Private Use Characters in Character Map: I have been trying, to no avail to access private use characters from a font I downloaded. I am use to opening character map and copying and pasting the characters or glyphs that I need into my Cricut software, but I have been unable to. My PC has been updated and I have...
  10. Character map

Character map: How can I find the character map on Microsoft 10? I used to get it when I entered it in "Type to search" box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/character-map/79ea1805-3776-4843-879d-feecaafeafcd