Windows 10: How do I see and use a networked item>

Discus and support How do I see and use a networked item> in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have purchased an adaptor that is reported to use WiFi to do things like transfer items (MIDI Files) between an instrument and my computer. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lbeck, May 5, 2021.

1. lbeck Win User

How do I see and use a networked item>

I have purchased an adaptor that is reported to use WiFi to do things like transfer items (MIDI Files) between an instrument and my computer. I have successfully installed the adaptor onto my router but it doesn't show on Network in Windows File Explorer. I'll admit to not being very proficient with networking so maybe there's something simple that I'm missing. Documentation for the adaptor covers only installation onto LAN, which I've done. I'm thinking that if I can "see" the adaptor on my computer maybe I can click on it to see and copy data. See attached image.

:)

lbeck, May 5, 2021
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, May 5, 2021
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, May 5, 2021
  4. How do I see and use a networked item>

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 5, 2021
Thema:

How do I see and use a networked item>

1. How do I see and use a networked item> - Similar Threads - networked item>

2. Application Shortcut Through a Mapped Network Drive Says "The item 'DSTART2023.EXE' that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application Shortcut Through a Mapped Network Drive Says "The item 'DSTART2023.EXE' that...: We have three workstations running Windows 11 Pro. All three workstations are used, but one of the workstations hosts the application data in a shared folder to act as a "server" for the application to the other two workstations. The other two workstations have this folder...
  3. Application Shortcut Through a Mapped Network Drive Says "The item 'DSTART2023.EXE' that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application Shortcut Through a Mapped Network Drive Says "The item 'DSTART2023.EXE' that...: We have three workstations running Windows 11 Pro. All three workstations are used, but one of the workstations hosts the application data in a shared folder to act as a "server" for the application to the other two workstations. The other two workstations have this folder...
  4. Control Panel not displaying items under network and connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Panel not displaying items under network and connections: Hi,I cannot see any display on my computer when I access the Control Panel.It says 'There are no items to display' under the Network and InternetLooking forward for your response....
  5. Control Panel not displaying items under network and connections

Control Panel not displaying items under network and connections: Hi,I cannot see any display on my computer when I access the Control Panel.It says 'There are no items to display' under the Network and InternetLooking forward for your response....
  6. Bluetooth "pairs" with many, many items on my network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth "pairs" with many, many items on my network: When I look at "other devices" Setup > Bluetooth and devices > View more devices > Other devices most everything on my WiFi and Ethernet network TVs, cable boxes, Google devices, soundbars, etc. are all "attached" to my computer. Most of these are attached unnecessarily. Is...
  7. Bluetooth "pairs" with many, many items on my network

Bluetooth "pairs" with many, many items on my network: When I look at "other devices" Setup > Bluetooth and devices > View more devices > Other devices most everything on my WiFi and Ethernet network TVs, cable boxes, Google devices, soundbars, etc. are all "attached" to my computer. Most of these are attached unnecessarily. Is...
  8. How to remove Map network drive Context Menu item on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Map network drive Context Menu item on Windows 11/10: [IMG]Windows users who frequently access network resources need to map network drives. Once you map a network location to a network drive, you can access it from File Explorer as a local drive. In case this feature is not useful, you may remove the Map network drive Context...
  9. Failed execution of queue item Installer: Network Drivers...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Failed execution of queue item Installer: Network Drivers...: Upgrade from 20H2 to 21H1 Fails at 60%Can anyone shed light on what might be causing...
  10. Defender tells me items have been skipped due to exclusion or network settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender tells me items have been skipped due to exclusion or network settings: Hi, For the last few weeks Defender has been telling me that items have been skipped during a scan because of exclusions or network access. I've checked and can find no exclusions but am not sure what network access may be involved. I've seen items suggesting that this...