Windows 10: How do I see the entire contents of my downloads folder

Discus and support How do I see the entire contents of my downloads folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I did the recent update of windows 10 and now I can't see the entire contents of my download folder. I have a lot of stuff that I really want to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mcgsmanor, Aug 12, 2019.

1. mcgsmanor Win User

How do I see the entire contents of my downloads folder

I did the recent update of windows 10 and now I can't see the entire contents of my download folder. I have a lot of stuff that I really want to be able to access. Any help would be awesome

:)

mcgsmanor, Aug 12, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Simon.HCS Win User
    Windows 10 (1803.17134 ) Disk Cleanup deleted the contents of my downloads folder

When running disk cleanup, when I included 'clean up system files' the last entry was 'downloaded files 79gb'. The description was activex controls and javaapplets temporarily stored in the downloads folder.

I don't know why I thought there could possibly be that volume of temporary system files but in the event, I stupidly hit enter and lost the entire contents of my download folder. There's nothing in trash and nothing in file history..... I have a screen
    print of the list but see no way to upload it here.

Any suggestions on what happened and how to recover the data?

Thanks

Simon.HCS, Aug 12, 2019
  4. How do I see the entire contents of my downloads folder

Moving entire folders

You can't move a system folder. Moving the contents is easy.

• Create a sub-folder in the directory you want.
    • Open the original folder.
    • Ctrl+A will highlight all the contents of that folder.
    • Right click on it and drag to the destination folder in the left pane.
    • Release the mouse key and left click Copy Here.
    • If the move was successful, delete the contents in the original folder.

Bruce Hagen, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

How do I see the entire contents of my downloads folder

1. How do I see the entire contents of my downloads folder - Similar Threads - entire contents downloads

2. How do I replace the entire font folder with a backup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I replace the entire font folder with a backup?: Hey, I am currently using Windows 11 and accidentally moved some files & folders into the font folder. I have copied the folder and moved the copies of the files & folders onto the desktop. I am now trying to delete the old font folder and replace it but Windows doesn't allow...
  3. How do I replace the entire font folder with a backup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I replace the entire font folder with a backup?: Hey, I am currently using Windows 11 and accidentally moved some files & folders into the font folder. I have copied the folder and moved the copies of the files & folders onto the desktop. I am now trying to delete the old font folder and replace it but Windows doesn't allow...
  4. Contents in the "Downloads" Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Contents in the "Downloads" Folder: Greetings,Here is a question that still appears to go unanswered. When I download a program/ file and I delete it after using it for its purpose. Three months down the road, I decide that I would like to download that file/ program once again. Windows 10 & 11 tells me in my...
  5. Contents in the "Downloads" Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Contents in the "Downloads" Folder: Greetings,Here is a question that still appears to go unanswered. When I download a program/ file and I delete it after using it for its purpose. Three months down the road, I decide that I would like to download that file/ program once again. Windows 10 & 11 tells me in my...
  6. Contents in the "Downloads" Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How to see contents of a Folder using the Details Pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to see contents of a Folder using the Details Pane: Hello,I would like to be able to use the details pane on File explorer, so that I can click a folder and see the contents of whats in it on the right pane?Currently if I click on a folder that has a a few PDFs in it, the details pane just shows a picture of some papers in the...
  8. How do I copy the contents of the Documents folder to another folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I copy the contents of the Documents folder to another folder: I'm asking how to copy the contents of the Documents folder to another folder, not move the folder, itself. The Documents folder seems to have a special status, and the normal copy-paste approach seems to only work for a limited number of folders at one time. Unusual things...
  9. File History Backup not backing entire contents of a folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History Backup not backing entire contents of a folder: Trying to use File History both a timeline type versioning and also as a full backup. Set up new drive and turned File History on and it worked, but only partly. As one example, a folder on my computer has 61 items in folder. When I go to the backup folder on the new backup...
  10. How do I entirely remove "Arrange by" option for a folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I entirely remove "Arrange by" option for a folder?: Most of my folders don't even have an "Arrange by" option when saving photos in Firefox but one particular folder does. This folder has a lot of folders in it and I sort by date modified so I can see the last images saved, but with this "Arrange by" being present, which isn't...