Windows 10: How do I see the entire contents of my downloads folder

Discus and support How do I see the entire contents of my downloads folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I did the recent update of windows 10 and now I can't see the entire contents of my download folder. I have a lot of stuff that I really want to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mcgsmanor, Aug 12, 2019.

1. mcgsmanor Win User

How do I see the entire contents of my downloads folder

I did the recent update of windows 10 and now I can't see the entire contents of my download folder. I have a lot of stuff that I really want to be able to access. Any help would be awesome

:)

mcgsmanor, Aug 12, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Simon.HCS Win User
    Windows 10 (1803.17134 ) Disk Cleanup deleted the contents of my downloads folder

When running disk cleanup, when I included 'clean up system files' the last entry was 'downloaded files 79gb'. The description was activex controls and javaapplets temporarily stored in the downloads folder.

I don't know why I thought there could possibly be that volume of temporary system files but in the event, I stupidly hit enter and lost the entire contents of my download folder. There's nothing in trash and nothing in file history..... I have a screen
    print of the list but see no way to upload it here.

Any suggestions on what happened and how to recover the data?

Thanks

Simon.HCS, Aug 12, 2019
  4. How do I see the entire contents of my downloads folder

Moving entire folders

You can't move a system folder. Moving the contents is easy.

• Create a sub-folder in the directory you want.
    • Open the original folder.
    • Ctrl+A will highlight all the contents of that folder.
    • Right click on it and drag to the destination folder in the left pane.
    • Release the mouse key and left click Copy Here.
    • If the move was successful, delete the contents in the original folder.

Bruce Hagen, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

How do I see the entire contents of my downloads folder

1. How do I see the entire contents of my downloads folder - Similar Threads - entire contents downloads

2. temporary internet files folder how do I delete contents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    temporary internet files folder how do I delete contents: I use disk cleanup it shows temporary internet files folder at 2.28gb ,but won't delete it please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-internet-files-folder-how-do-i-delete/6eed5b50-079e-4a7a-b72d-26eb4a8d971e"
  3. How do I block AN ENTIRE DOMAIN from my email?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I block AN ENTIRE DOMAIN from my email?: How do I block AN ENTIRE DOMAIN in outlook email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-block-an-entire-domain-from-my-email/03ce5652-0f46-4137-ab6d-866c9d17ade4
  4. My Win10 DOWNLOAD folder contents get deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Win10 DOWNLOAD folder contents get deleted: This has to be in my Top 10 weirdest problems in all the years since Windows 98. For a week or so each day I replace the 1/2 dozen files in my Download folder. Then when I check the next day they are all deleted again... with both my Toshiba laptop and my Dell desktop....
  5. Restore/Download SystemApps folder contents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore/Download SystemApps folder contents: So i recently reset my computer about a month or so ago. And part of my setup/configuration i deleted some of the system apps like cortana and edge... Uknowingly i think i deleted some of the wrong folders... because now none of the windows apps like Paint 3D or the...
  6. How do I reformat entire computer?

How do I reformat entire computer?: I'm having performance issues with my 5-year old laptop. It takes about 7-10 minutes to boot. It also is bloated and has much that I no longer need. I decided to reformat and start fresh. I've made a Macrium disk image and have windows rescue and boot disks for after i...
  7. How do I reformat entire computer?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I reformat entire computer?: I'm having performance issues with my 5-year old laptop. It takes about 7-10 minutes to boot. It also is bloated and has much that I no longer need. I decided to reformat and start fresh. I've made a Macrium disk image and have windows rescue and boot disks for after i...
  8. File History Backup not backing entire contents of a folder

File History Backup not backing entire contents of a folder: Trying to use File History both a timeline type versioning and also as a full backup. Set up new drive and turned File History on and it worked, but only partly. As one example, a folder on my computer has 61 items in folder. When I go to the backup folder on the new backup...
  9. How do I entirely remove "Arrange by" option for a folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I entirely remove "Arrange by" option for a folder?: Most of my folders don't even have an "Arrange by" option when saving photos in Firefox but one particular folder does. This folder has a lot of folders in it and I sort by date modified so I can see the last images saved, but with this "Arrange by" being present, which isn't...
  10. How do I see my product key?

How do I see my product key?: I've been told that if I want to use an ISO of Windows 10 which I have burned to a DVD in the future after a hard drive failure, I would need to provide a product key. I was told to look in BIOS for that. What I found instead was a line of x's in place of the product key....