Windows 10: How do I see the history of the scans windows defender has performed?

Discus and support How do I see the history of the scans windows defender has performed? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'd like to see all of the recent scans windows defender has performed. I have it set up with a powershell script to run a scan every day at a certain... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jamesofsandiego, Mar 17, 2019.

1. How do I see the history of the scans windows defender has performed?

I'd like to see all of the recent scans windows defender has performed. I have it set up with a powershell script to run a scan every day at a certain time. I have been unable to find a history of all of my successfully completed scans that did not find a problem. I've looked here:

Link removed because I'm not trusted here

All I found was a way to see threats detected. Not scans that didn't find a problem. This is such a simple thing. It was a breeze in Windows 7. I've been using Windows for years and I haven't found a simple way to see a list with dates and times of all of the scans that have been run on the system in Windows 10. Where is it? I don't have InTune. This should be easy to find and clearly displayed somewhere. Where is it?

Thanks in advance,

James.

:)

Jamesofsandiego, Mar 17, 2019

2. Windows Defender How to view Scan History

Hello John,

You may check the the scan history by following these steps:

• Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Click Virus & threat protection.
    • Select the Scan history label.

How do I see the history of the scans windows defender has performed? 897fe56b-61d4-4ce1-9416-41720af6273e?upload=true.jpg

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Antoneth Ber, Mar 17, 2019
  3. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 17, 2019
  4. How do I see the history of the scans windows defender has performed?

cannot perform scanning with window defender

Hello Nidhi,

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Is this happening after any recent update for Windows Defender?
    • Have you installed any third party Antivirus program on the computer?
    • Which version of Windows 10 build (1511, 1607) are you using?
    • What version details are shown in Defender under help > about (AM Client version, Engine Client version) ?

First I would suggest you to restart the computer and check if it helps.

Navigate to Start Button/>Settings/>Update & Security/> Windows Update /> Advanced options /> View your update history,
    there you can find all installed updates. Let us know the last update installed for Windows Defender.

You may also have a look at this thread and the response by
    author CJ. Eichholz [MSFT] replied on 11th December 2015 and check if it helps.

Couldn't scan my computer with the windows defender

Keep posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

How do I see the history of the scans windows defender has performed?

1. How do I see the history of the scans windows defender has performed? - Similar Threads - history scans defender

2. I can not perform quick scan in windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can not perform quick scan in windows defender: I can not perform quick scan in windows defender . What I can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-can-not-perform-quick-scan-in-windows-defender/eb86ae44-fa39-4cc5-8263-09b9f237c194
  3. How do I stop windows defender periodic scan?

How do I stop windows defender periodic scan?: [ATTACH] I can't see any option in windows security app too. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-windows-defender-periodic-scan/9ceb8982-f954-4e3c-9473-cf78d89709b6
  4. Windows Defender Antivirus scan history not found

Windows Defender Antivirus scan history not found: Hi, When I go to my Windows Security and click on "Protection history" under Scan options as shown in the screenshot below, I can't see any of my scan history although I have done several full and offline scans before, it shows me "No recent actions" and the Windows...
  5. how do i See drivers update history

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i See drivers update history: [ATTACH] Okay i updated 1 driver on intel website but now i am with a problem that u can see on the photo. So for me resolve this i need to be back before the update so i need to know what driver i updated, it was a intel driver. It appears things like this sometimes...
  6. How do I run a Windows Defender scan?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I run a Windows Defender scan?: I have followed every article and I keep reaching dead ends. I am not able to run any files except for a few pre installed apps. I can still play music and watch videos. When I go into Windows Security and go into "Virus and Threat Protection" there are no settings /...
  7. no history in scan history after defender scan 2x

no history in scan history after defender scan 2x: scan done..i watched it....no results.....eufi downloaded now says unknown update downloaded what is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/no-history-in-scan-history-after-defender-scan-2x/5b612db7-d14e-4fcd-9e63-f4c08e3bae64
  8. How to see past results of scans in Windows Defender?

How to see past results of scans in Windows Defender?: Hello E1 :) I did an offline scan with Windows Defender and can't seem to find the scan results. According to MS ( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...nder-antivirus ), there should have been a "Scan history" label under "Virus & threat protection" in settings, but I...
  9. How to view Windows Defender Scan History

How to view Windows Defender Scan History: How to view Windows Defender Scan History after right click on file ""? this answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-how-to-view-scan-history/317d8870-1362-4c4e-953c-7bdaea5e394c no more valid - Scan history label not exists....
  10. How do I schedule a scan in Window Defender

How do I schedule a scan in Window Defender: I can't find how to schedule a scan in Windows Defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-schedule-a-scan-in-window-defender/3b08d31c-7e16-482a-8443-9dff25f77305

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where is the windows defender file scan history