Windows 10: How do I see the scanners that are available in Windows 10 and remove them?

Discus and support How do I see the scanners that are available in Windows 10 and remove them? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I reinstalled drivers for my printer/scanner and I can delete the old printer from the Printers/Scanners area however, when I go to scan from Adobe the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Todd Hutchison, Nov 7, 2018.

1. How do I see the scanners that are available in Windows 10 and remove them?

I reinstalled drivers for my printer/scanner and I can delete the old printer from the Printers/Scanners area however, when I go to scan from Adobe the old scanner keeps showing up and I need to scroll down to the new scanner in order to scan.

How do I get rid of that old scanner?

:)

Todd Hutchison, Nov 7, 2018

2. Windows 10 recognizes my printer+scanner only as a printer.

Hello,

Another method you may try is to uninstall and reinstall the printer. The following are the steps:

Remove your printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & scanners, find the printer, select it, and then select Remove device.

Install or add a local printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & Scanners, see if your printer is installed.
    • If you don’t see your device, select Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find available printers, choose the one you want, and then select Add device.

On the other hand, we suggest also that you reach out the manufacturer of your printer/scanner for the driver availability or work around.

Regards.

JohnMel And, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 7, 2018
  4. bobkn Win User

How do I see the scanners that are available in Windows 10 and remove them?

bobkn, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

How do I see the scanners that are available in Windows 10 and remove them?

1. How do I see the scanners that are available in Windows 10 and remove them? - Similar Threads - scanners are available

2. How do I see available WIFI networks?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I see available WIFI networks?: When I'm connected to WIFI I can see a list of available networks, but if my very unstable modem boots me out and I want to reconnect I cannot see a list of available networks. I don't even see a WIFI icon. I have to restart my computer to reconnect....
  3. How do I see available WIFI networks?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I see available WIFI networks?: When I'm connected to WIFI I can see a list of available networks, but if my very unstable modem boots me out and I want to reconnect I cannot see a list of available networks. I don't even see a WIFI icon. I have to restart my computer to reconnect....
  4. How can I see them?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I see them?: I have been given phots on jpg format my computer does not support this file how can I view them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-see-them/e023be3d-b71e-4571-ba8b-46c2a53dc753
  5. How can I see them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I see them?: I have been given phots on jpg format my computer does not support this file how can I view them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-see-them/e023be3d-b71e-4571-ba8b-46c2a53dc753
  6. How can I see them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. how do I remove the last 2 languages? I tried adding them and removing them but no good...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do I remove the last 2 languages? I tried adding them and removing them but no good...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CrimsonBlossom [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l6ijei/how_do_i_remove_the_last_2_languages_i_tried/
  8. how do i see the available networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i see the available networks: How do I get windows to show me available networks in wifi settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-see-the-available-networks/91b363b3-7ae3-4fa6-afc6-fbfc29466acd
  9. Windows 10: Many programs have stopped. How do I see them and turn them on again?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10: Many programs have stopped. How do I see them and turn them on again?: I was using a repair tool and it did not seem to fix the entire problem. I called support, they showed me most of my programs have stopped. How do I see this again and turn them on? I managed to get latest Windows updates and that's all. I do not have anywhere near the money...
  10. What Kind of Screws are these and How do I Remove Them?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What Kind of Screws are these and How do I Remove Them?: I just bought an HP 15-ab143cl, refurbished by HP. It arrived today. I want to swap hard drives. I was removing the back, following the instructions in the manual from the HP website, and I am instructed to remove these "screws." I try my phillips screwdriver. No luck....