Windows 10: How do i see thumbnails on a local OneDrive

Discus and support How do i see thumbnails on a local OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, below is a screenshot of my OneDrive (offline copy). How do a see video thumbnails? It is obviously pretty useless as is! Thanks, Steve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Steve Maytum, Nov 26, 2018.

1. How do i see thumbnails on a local OneDrive

Hi, below is a screenshot of my OneDrive (offline copy). How do a see video thumbnails? It is obviously pretty useless as is!

Thanks,

Steve

How do i see thumbnails on a local OneDrive 8736ebf1-c015-48a3-b3c1-01da8b661db3?upload=true.png

:)

Steve Maytum, Nov 26, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Clavius Win User

How do i see thumbnails on a local OneDrive

Preview Pane for Images/Some Thumbnails/Photos not Working Only on OneDrive Folder

The preview pane and thumbnails as well as the Photos app are not working, but only on my OneDrive folder. It works fine on an exact copy of the same files that are not in the OneDrive synced folder structure (and known to Windows as being OneDrive).

• Open OneDrive Folder, navigate to photos directory
    • Sony Raw images (.ARW) do not show thumbnails. (I have the Sony plug in installed)
    • Double click on a raw file, Photos says "We can't open this file."
    • Click on a jpeg file, and with preview window turned on, no preview appears
    • Double click on jpeg file, opens fine in Photos, and then the preview window image appears

• Navigate to a directory that is not synced to OneDrive
    • Sony Raw thumbnails show up fine. They also show up in the preview window.
    • Double click on Raw file and Photos opens it up without problems

• Back to OneDrive photo directory
    • Copy raw file to desktop
    • Immediately the thumbnail appears and the file can be opened with Photos. The same file that it can't open from Explorer in the OneDrive directory

This is only happening on my desktop. My laptop is fine. Both same versions of Windows 10 Version 1709 OS Build 16299.19

Clavius, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

How do i see thumbnails on a local OneDrive

1. How do i see thumbnails on a local OneDrive - Similar Threads - thumbnails local OneDrive

2. how do I restore thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I restore thumbnails?: media plays fine but the thumbnails disappeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-thumbnails/ce0127ea-1f99-4d85-806d-19c2c74a14b3
  3. how do I restore thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I restore thumbnails?: media plays fine but the thumbnails disappeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-thumbnails/ce0127ea-1f99-4d85-806d-19c2c74a14b3
  4. how do I save locally and not with onedrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I save locally and not with onedrive?: I have uninstalled OneDrive and it still continues to save everything in OneDrive. I deleted a OneDrive file thinking that would help and lost my desktop. unfortunately, I had to permanently delete that so I'm assuming that's gone for good....
  5. how do I save locally and not with onedrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I save locally and not with onedrive?: I have uninstalled OneDrive and it still continues to save everything in OneDrive. I deleted a OneDrive file thinking that would help and lost my desktop. unfortunately, I had to permanently delete that so I'm assuming that's gone for good....
  6. how do I save locally and not with onedrive?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do I turn off OneDrive and store files locally?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off OneDrive and store files locally?: Hi there,I started using OneDrive to backup my documents and I have encountered some issues, both caused by the same problem: OneDrive has moved files within my documents area to a different path. One application has stopped working completely, another won’t open my projects...
  8. How do I see more than 10 thumbnail previews in the Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I see more than 10 thumbnail previews in the Taskbar?: Hello Friends I'm on windows 10. Version 2004 I often have a lot of windows open of the same program at once, and I much prefer to see the thumbnail picture when I hover over the program in the Taskbar. After a certain number has been opened, the thumbnail previews change...
  9. OneDrive photo thumbnails do not show on the local PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive photo thumbnails do not show on the local PC: OneDrive photo thumbnails do not show on the local PC. I tried every version of keeping the jpg on the local computer synced to OneDrive or only available on download. This is a OneDrive issue. If I take the same folder and copy it outside of the OneDrive folder on the PC...
  10. Thumbnails won't generate in OneDrive local file pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails won't generate in OneDrive local file pictures: My picture thumbnails won't generate for my OneDrive files on my local drive. They do generate for pictures not in the OneDrive folder. I've tried everything - restarting OneDrive, ensuring that the generate thumbnails box is checked in Explorer. Baffled...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to view thumbnails on shared one drive

2. how to restore thumbnails in onedrive

3. how to view as a thumbnail in one drive

4. see thumbnails on onedrive,
  5. how to see thumbnail on onedrive