Windows 10: How do I see what fonts I've got on my old font CD?

Discus and support How do I see what fonts I've got on my old font CD? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I have an old CD with lots of my fonts on it (mostly .TTF .PFM files), but the files all have unhelpfully short filenames (8 characters?)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ship69, Apr 25, 2017.

1. ship69 Win User

How do I see what fonts I've got on my old font CD?

Hello

I have an old CD with lots of my fonts on it (mostly .TTF .PFM files), but the files all have unhelpfully short filenames (8 characters?)

How do I see the names of what the font inside them have so that I can just install the fonts that I actually need?

J

:)

ship69, Apr 25, 2017

2. Strange graphic bugs on windows 10

Okay I've got the answer. For some reason all of my system fonts were deleted. Here's what to do:

1. Download the windows 10 system fonts from a website

2. Open your C drive, Windows, Fonts

3. Copy the fonts you downloaded into the fonts folder

IsaacRiches, Apr 25, 2017
  3. How do I add Chinese fonts to my window 10?

Old title: font

I need more selections of Chinese font. How do I add Chinese fonts to my window 10?

WandaWang1, Apr 25, 2017
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Messing about with old fonts is a little dangerous in Windows 10. Should you overwrite some installed system font like SegoeUI with a version from an older windows version, it can create problems with the user interface, and you may need to repair Windows.

There are free fontviewers available for uninstalled fonts, both from the Windows Store and by searching online. Places like majorgeeks are usually reliable sources of clean freeware. You can use these to inspect your CDROM, and examine the fonts.

Fafhrd, Apr 26, 2017
Thema:

1. How do I see what fonts I've got on my old font CD? - Similar Threads - fonts I've got

2. How do i use the font??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i use the font??: Hi so I installed a font but then I go to word then check if my font is already there but it wasn't I tried PowerPoint I check nothing which platform that I can use the font?? please help ty I cant really describe but yah...
  3. how do I add a font?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I add a font?: How do I add a font to W10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-a-font/e77d5b00-feb8-4052-aa1a-609b0fa53f4f
  4. Font is not supported, what to do?

in Windows 10 Support
    Font is not supported, what to do?: [img] [img] How can I find the font type used in this file, so I can install the particular font. Please help! 133935
  5. What are fonts for?

What are fonts for?: when I find a font I like there is no option to change all the words on my computer into that font https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-fonts-for/175891d0-7e7f-4f14-b815-1ce021cdd68b
  6. old fonts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    old fonts: I want to install my old fonts I love them and if anyone knows doctor who you know its a must have and have others that's a must have please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/old-fonts/f400cfad-8d64-4797-9ff0-179cae12a0c7
  7. Why wont my fonts work? how do i retrieve old fonts for all my programs?

Why wont my fonts work? how do i retrieve old fonts for all my programs?: So recently I had to reset my computer and it removed a few fonts from 3d builder and the computer itself and these I know for sure are default fonts. I do not remember the names of these fonts but I used them in 3d Builder, another issue I am having is that the fonts are...
  8. How Do I install Fonts?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How Do I install Fonts?: I would like to add different Fonts to MS Word, Libre Office, and WPS Office. Can someone tell me how to do this? Are they installed in Windows 10 somewhere and then the Offices can detect them, or do I need to install them in each Office Directory ? 113067
  9. How do I change the font?

How do I change the font?: So I want to make a new font to use on my computer instead of Arial but I can't figure out how to change the default font. Any help would be great. Thanks! 29905
  10. How do I fix burry fonts or very small fonts

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I fix burry fonts or very small fonts: When I connect to an external monitor (LG 34 inch Ultra via HDMI), my laptop folder fonts (only when attaching a file to email, uploading files etc.) are VERY small. To get them the right size, I have to make the laptop the main monitor and that makes the external monitors...