Windows 10: how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?

Discus and support how do I see what is on my portable disc drive? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a portable CD/DVR drive. How do I view what is on that disc?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sue Pouliot, Mar 19, 2024.

1. how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?

I have a portable CD/DVR drive. How do I view what is on that disc?

:)

Sue Pouliot, Mar 19, 2024

2. Portable compact disc

How do I install a portable compact disc? I have the cords connected and my laptop haven't recognized that I connected a device. My laptop doesn't come with a drive so I'm trying to use a portable one.

nekathomas, Mar 19, 2024
  3. Windows 10 lists my OEM optical drive as a portable device in device manager

So this is odd, the drive is detected, it works in as much as existing games can be played but other than listing the optical drive as a portable device it doesn't list it in disc management and won't play standard DVDs as it insists I don't have a DVD
    drive. Can anyone help?

JuliusCorto, Mar 19, 2024
  4. Geethu B Win User

how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?

Portable hard drive and windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with connecting
    portable hard drive in Windows 10.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• Is the hard drive getting detected on the computer?

• Do you face any issue while using other USB devices?
    This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Missing Windows Update.

2. USB port is damaged.

3. Damaged hardware.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a) Press Windows Key.

b) Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit
    Enter.

c) Click on Hardware and sound.

d) Click on Hardware and device and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates and also latest chipset driver from the computer manufacturer website. You may also try connecting the hard drive to a different USB port.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Mar 19, 2024
Thema:

how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?

1. how do I see what is on my portable disc drive? - Similar Threads - portable disc drive

2. how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?: I have a portable CD/DVR drive. How do I view what is on that disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-see-what-is-on-my-portable-disc-drive/064fa5c1-19c4-47a8-a077-54a5e679cb47
  3. how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?: I have a portable CD/DVR drive. How do I view what is on that disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-see-what-is-on-my-portable-disc-drive/064fa5c1-19c4-47a8-a077-54a5e679cb47
  4. What do I so if my disc is 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I so if my disc is 100%: Hello, my disc is every time I start my PC at 100%, it takes about 5 min to start my PC and the login is very buggy, sysmain and the user use all my disc, my whole computer is getting very slow from it, but after about 10 min it gets normal again, can someone please help me...
  5. What do I so if my disc is 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do I so if my disc is 100%: Hello, my disc is every time I start my PC at 100%, it takes about 5 min to start my PC and the login is very buggy, sysmain and the user use all my disc, my whole computer is getting very slow from it, but after about 10 min it gets normal again, can someone please help me...
  6. What do I so if my disc is 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Portable windows 10 not seeing the internal drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Portable windows 10 not seeing the internal drive: Hello and thank you for your time. I made a portable windows 10 USB drive but it does not seem to pick up the internal hard drive of the computer. Using Windows PE I can see the internal fine and the internal boots, but won't detect with the full version on the USB. I’ve...
  8. How do I see what's the newest file in my C: Drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I see what's the newest file in my C: Drive?: How do I see what's the newest file in my C: Drive? submitted by /u/HardGamesMaster323 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k637zg/how_do_i_see_whats_the_newest_file_in_my_c_drive/
  9. How do I play a picture CD on my disc drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I play a picture CD on my disc drive?: How do I play a photo CD in my disc drive? There is no CD icon on my desktop. I have inserted the disc but cannot get more than one picture to play in Slideshow....
  10. How do I format a disc in Drive D:?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I format a disc in Drive D:?: How do I format my disc in Drive D? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-format-a-disc-in-drive-d/faacf221-3c57-4aac-8da1-2e77b8aea709