Windows 10: How do I see what product key I used during install?

Discus and support How do I see what product key I used during install? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a computer that I built and installed Windows 10 on. I used the computer for a little while and am now selling it. I want to sell it with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HarryD, Oct 17, 2018.

1. HarryD Win User

How do I see what product key I used during install?

I have a computer that I built and installed Windows 10 on. I used the computer for a little while and am now selling it. I want to sell it with the disc that I used to do the install. Problem is I have multiple copies of Windows 10 and I'm not sure what disk I used for the install.

Thanks.

:)

HarryD, Oct 17, 2018
  2. AndreTen Win User

Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Like davidhk said. But if you really want to see your windows key, I would suggest Belarc advisor. It will give you some useful information about your system, product keys of your software is among them (not only Microsoft, you will have listed most of your keys).

AndreTen, Oct 17, 2018
  3. tengeezer Win User
    Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Cheers, will check it out.

tengeezer, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I see what product key I used during install? - Similar Threads - product key used

2. I used the wrong email for my product key, what can I do to get my product key I paid for?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I used the wrong email for my product key, what can I do to get my product key I paid for?: I had purchased Microsoft Pro 11 from the Microsoft store but had put my school email instead of my email address. So, I didn't get the Product Key I paid for. What can I do to get it to my email address?...
  3. I used the wrong email for my product key, what can I do to get my product key I paid for?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I used the wrong email for my product key, what can I do to get my product key I paid for?: I had purchased Microsoft Pro 11 from the Microsoft store but had put my school email instead of my email address. So, I didn't get the Product Key I paid for. What can I do to get it to my email address?...
  4. How do I exchange a product key?

How do I exchange a product key?: When I installed Parallels Access on a new MacBook I was required to download Windows 11 and did not realize that the download was Windows 11 Pro. I purchased the product key for Windows 11 Home. How do exchange the unusable key for the correct one....
  5. How do i find product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i find product key?: Just downloaded Windows but cant activate it,how do i get product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-product-key/189bc08e-0497-4972-9606-1e82a23f0241
  6. How do I see what files an application is associated with and is using?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I see what files an application is associated with and is using?: I want to see the files an application is using to read/write data or files that the application uses to run, sorry I couldn't have worded it better...
  7. How do I see what files an application is associated with and is using?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I see what files an application is associated with and is using?: I want to see the files an application is using to read/write data or files that the application uses to run, sorry I couldn't have worded it better...
  8. How do I see what files an application is associated with and is using?

9. I saved a product key but do not know what product it belongs to.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I saved a product key but do not know what product it belongs to.: I have a microsoft product key that I saved from a year or so ago, but I do not know why I saved it. It says not to post the number here, but here is some of it. VJYD2-DM2VY-KVXBQ-8XJH2-xxxxx...
  10. How do I see my product key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I see my product key?: I've been told that if I want to use an ISO of Windows 10 which I have burned to a DVD in the future after a hard drive failure, I would need to provide a product key. I was told to look in BIOS for that. What I found instead was a line of x's in place of the product key....