Windows 10: How do I see which program installed Norton Security on my pc?

Discus and support How do I see which program installed Norton Security on my pc? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just saw that mf installed this morning and I wanna find the fucking culprit submitted by /u/EztevanH [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EztevanH, Dec 6, 2020.

1. How do I see which program installed Norton Security on my pc?

I just saw that mf installed this morning and I wanna find the fucking culprit

submitted by /u/EztevanH
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EztevanH, Dec 6, 2020

2. Norton Security not loading with Windows 10 - Why?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community forums!

I would recommend you follow the below given steps and check if it fixes the issue.

I would suggest you to restart the Norton services from the services list, and set the Norton service to automatic.

Follow these steps to run Norton services:

Method 1:

Follow these steps to run Norton services

a. Press Windows key + R

b. In the run windows, type services.msc

c. It will open services windows

d. select norton services from the list of services

e. double click on it

f. At the top of the window, Make sure the service status is started and startup type is
    automatic.

g.Click apply and OK.

If this does not fix the issue, try uninstalling and reinstalling Norton software and check if it helps.

If the above steps do not help , I would suggest you to contact Norton for further help.

Let us know the status.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Ibroxbear Win User
    Norton Security

I have Norton Security on my Windows 10 v1903 pc. Just bought a laptop Windows 10 v1903 went into Microsoft store and downloaded Norton app. Clicked on launch and it opened in Explorer browser but could see nothing regarding Norton. Clicked on search on
    taskbar this only gave me web results. Went back to Microsoft store and clicked on buttons adjacent to launch. This asked which device I wanted to install it on. Clicked laptop but nothing changed. I have searched the start menu and taskbar and other areas
    but cannot find anything about Norton. Strangely it is listed in my apps in the store list. I wanted to add it as another device from my pc as I can install on 5 devices. The first thing Norton ask when adding to another device is download the app and sign
    in. Tearing my hair out.

Ibroxbear, Dec 6, 2020
  4. How do I see which program installed Norton Security on my pc?

Norton Download Manager continually pops up, telling me to install upgraded version of Norton. The problem with this is, I am not running Norton on my PC.

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred if there are some files left remaining on your system related to Norton. Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Boot into Safe mode and check:

Follow the steps to boot into Safe mode from the below link:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Next check the Programs and features list and check if any programs related to Norton is listed.

1. Right click on the Start button and select
    Control panel

2. Now select Programs and Features.

3. check and delete the program related to Norton.

Step 2: If issue persists, again in Safe mode perform the below steps:

1. Open File Explorer.

2. Open C: drive.

3. Open Programs files folder.

4. check if anything is listed related to Norton and delete it.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

How do I see which program installed Norton Security on my pc?

1. How do I see which program installed Norton Security on my pc? - Similar Threads - program installed Norton

2. How do I see my security question answers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I see my security question answers: My tablets locked and I do not remember my password or security question answers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-see-my-security-question-answers/f4f77fd6-89b9-490f-8c7c-d7bdbbe5e2bd
  3. How do I see my security question answers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I see my security question answers: My tablets locked and I do not remember my password or security question answers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-see-my-security-question-answers/f4f77fd6-89b9-490f-8c7c-d7bdbbe5e2bd
  4. Norton Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton Security: Is Norton Security a scam? I called 411 and the Operator could not find ANY listing for Norton. I paid for a year subscription again last March. They get lost from my laptop more and more often and my brother a few years ago had to pay a man $500 Bank Debit card for him to...
  5. How to see which program is controlling startup apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to see which program is controlling startup apps?: I remember a month or two ago I ran a program (It may have been an antivirus, or a disk cleaner, I have no clue) that had an option to speed up booting by disabling some startup apps that Windows itself could not. I tinkered with a few settings and ended up disabling an app...
  6. Norton security

Norton security: The instructions for putting a Norton icon on my desktop don't work. Cannot drag and drop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/norton-security/f865366d-b89e-4b4d-8966-7777ec92d4be
  7. If the computer comes with built in security, do I need to install Norton or McAfee on a...

If the computer comes with built in security, do I need to install Norton or McAfee on a...: My new inspiron says it comes with all the software security i need, but it also came with a free trial of McAffee. Do i need McAffe or Norton to keep the computer more protected...
  8. norton security

norton security: i have comcast for internet and they offer norton security for there antivirus protection. but i'm wondering if it is any better than what i have now. a few years ago i asked about virus program and some said to use the avast and ccleaner and malwarebytes and a few others but...
  9. Norton Security

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Norton Security: I have Norton Security on my Windows 10 v1903 pc. Just bought a laptop Windows 10 v1903 went into Microsoft store and downloaded Norton app. Clicked on launch and it opened in Explorer browser but could see nothing regarding Norton. Clicked on search on taskbar this only gave...
  10. how do i see all programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i see all programs: how do I see all programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/how-do-i-see-all-programs/f23f490e-dcc2-4442-9a43-c59cf4c0f293