Windows 10: how do i see who is using my wifi?

Discus and support how do i see who is using my wifi? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how do i see who is using my wifi?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TimSalem, Aug 23, 2020.

1. TimSalem Win User

how do i see who is using my wifi?

:)

TimSalem, Aug 23, 2020
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Lagg.

Hello Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Have you installed any drivers for the WiFi card?
    Try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the Wifi drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select the device manager.
    • Right-click your Wireless/Wi-Fi devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 23, 2020
  4. Anak Win User

my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

Thema:

1. how do i see who is using my wifi? - Similar Threads - using wifi

2. my wifi icon is gone. it's replaced with a rectangle / square box that's used when symbols...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my wifi icon is gone. it's replaced with a rectangle / square box that's used when symbols...: https://imgur.com/a/JAELARC^ https://imgur.com/OnrWqIl^ https://imgur.com/e8Qv5v8 the problem is as shown in the pictures. I don't know why this is happening....
  3. my wifi icon is gone. it's replaced with a rectangle / square box that's used when symbols...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my wifi icon is gone. it's replaced with a rectangle / square box that's used when symbols...: https://imgur.com/a/JAELARC^ https://imgur.com/OnrWqIl^ https://imgur.com/e8Qv5v8 the problem is as shown in the pictures. I don't know why this is happening....
  4. Can I use 2 wifi adapters at once?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use 2 wifi adapters at once?: I have this wifi adapter, it has bluetooth on it but the wifi is complete garbage, I was wondering if I could get a new wifi adapter and keep the other one plugged in so i can keep the bluetooth functionality...
  5. Can I use 2 wifi adapters at once?

Can I use 2 wifi adapters at once?: I have this wifi adapter, it has bluetooth on it but the wifi is complete garbage, I was wondering if I could get a new wifi adapter and keep the other one plugged in so i can keep the bluetooth functionality...
  6. what do i do when i cant use wifi on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what do i do when i cant use wifi on my pc: i bought a new pc today and it wouldnt work with internet for some reason but now im at the home screen of when you first turn it on where it says the time the date and the day when i click space it says theres a acc called administration but when i log in it says that...
  7. what do i do when i cant use wifi on my pc

what do i do when i cant use wifi on my pc: i bought a new pc today and it wouldnt work with internet for some reason but now im at the home screen of when you first turn it on where it says the time the date and the day when i click space it says theres a acc called administration but when i log in it says that...
  8. what do i do when i cant use wifi on my pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Wifi says "No Internet" after a few seconds or minutes of using and only works again after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi says "No Internet" after a few seconds or minutes of using and only works again after...: I've been having this problem for a while now. Sometimes when im browsing the internet, my internet suddenly stops working, and I have to disconnect my wifi from the toggle function in the bottom right of the taskbar and reconnect it again for Wifi to start working again. But...
  10. Wifi says "No Internet" after a few seconds or minutes of using and only works again after...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi says "No Internet" after a few seconds or minutes of using and only works again after...: I've been having this problem for a while now. Sometimes when im browsing the internet, my internet suddenly stops working, and I have to disconnect my wifi from the toggle function in the bottom right of the taskbar and reconnect it again for Wifi to start working again. But...