Windows 10: How do I select an install directory for things from the Microsoft Store?

Discus and support How do I select an install directory for things from the Microsoft Store? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I tried downloading a demo for Forza Horizon 4 and it only gave me the option of installing it directly in C:/ or E:/ I want to install it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Frubidore, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Frubidore Win User

How do I select an install directory for things from the Microsoft Store?

I tried downloading a demo for Forza Horizon 4 and it only gave me the option of installing it directly in C:/ or E:/

I want to install it in E:/games/windowsstore

How do I configure it to do that in Windows 10?

:)

Frubidore, Jan 21, 2019

2. Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.1

New features!
    • New button icons!
    • New Total selected directory size!
    • Made the Exit button text bigger!
    Download here

Mindweaver, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Directory Size Utility

Is that the one for download in the original post? You should list the version up for download. *Toast :toast:

stinger608, Jan 21, 2019
  4. How do I select an install directory for things from the Microsoft Store?

Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.6

• Resoved an issue where selecting "Detail" from the "View" drop down would cause duplicates.
    • New "Peek" feature!
      • Selecting something in the Directory column in the Directory view (Left window) while holding "z" will peek into that directory!
      • Double clicking the Directory column in the directory view(Left window) while holding "z" will add the folder.
    • New color coded feature in both Size columns for Detailed view.
    • Exporting to Excel will now Export both Folder (left) and File (right) window. In the excel file the Folder, and File window will be on different sheets.
    • Add a feature to export to older excel 97-2003 (.xls) from the file/export drop down window.
    Download HERE!

Don't forget to enter to win this game bundle! here Drawing is this Friday!

Mindweaver, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

How do I select an install directory for things from the Microsoft Store?

1. How do I select an install directory for things from the Microsoft Store? - Similar Threads - select install directory

2. How do you fix Microsoft Store from not letting you do things on it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you fix Microsoft Store from not letting you do things on it?: My Microsoft Store keeps saying "Sorry about that!" the second I open it and I keep refreshing, restarting and shutting down the computer, but nothing works. I've also followed several different tutorials, but none of them worked. I have a school ThinkPad. How do I fix this?...
  3. How do you fix Microsoft Store from not letting you do things on it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you fix Microsoft Store from not letting you do things on it?: My Microsoft Store keeps saying "Sorry about that!" the second I open it and I keep refreshing, restarting and shutting down the computer, but nothing works. I've also followed several different tutorials, but none of them worked. I have a school ThinkPad. How do I fix this?...
  4. How do I install the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install the Microsoft Store?: I have had this computer for a few months and only recently I found out that the store isn't installed on my computer. I have gone down the rabbit hole of looking for answers, but none have worked yet. I have installed the latest software update, I have tried going through...
  5. How do I install the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I install the Microsoft Store?: I have had this computer for a few months and only recently I found out that the store isn't installed on my computer. I have gone down the rabbit hole of looking for answers, but none have worked yet. I have installed the latest software update, I have tried going through...
  6. How do I install Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I install Microsoft Store: So every time I try to open Microsoft store it doesn't open so imp trying to reinstall it and I tried the PowerShell method and the loading bar gets stuck so now I don't know what to do....
  7. How do I install Microsoft Store

How do I install Microsoft Store: "Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"" does not work on Powershell sadly...
  8. I can't install things from the Microsoft Store.

I can't install things from the Microsoft Store.: I'm trying to download Python 3.9 for a person project,and while it says I "own the app",all my attempts to install it have lead to,literally nothing. I can click install for as long as I feel like it,but nothing happens. I even attempted to be sneaky and circumvent that...
  9. how do i stop my cursor from selecting things on it's own

in Cortana
    how do i stop my cursor from selecting things on it's own: how do i stop my cursor from selecting things on it's own https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-my-cursor-from-selecting-things-on/41a55813-1826-44be-a34d-03567269004a"
  10. I cant download things from the Microsoft Store?

I cant download things from the Microsoft Store?: I just redeemed my free copy of Minecraft Windows 10 edition, and when I try to download it, i get this: And anything I find online about this issue isnt any help, what should I do?...