Windows 10: How do I select groups of emails in Mail for Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I select groups of emails in Mail for Windows 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a large number of emails that have built up in my online account and I want to remove older and irrelevant ones. How can I filter or select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EagleTRL_US, May 11, 2020.

1. How do I select groups of emails in Mail for Windows 10?

I have a large number of emails that have built up in my online account and I want to remove older and irrelevant ones. How can I filter or select batches of emails, such as by sender or by date range?

The help page is pretty useless on this much of the "how to use Mail" aspects beyond very basic info.

I know how to do it in Outlook, but there are too many emails and I can't set up the account for Outlook to download them.

Thanks

:)

EagleTRL_US, May 11, 2020
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Group Contacts in Windows 10 mail

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

The ‘Mail’ and ‘People’ app work together. Currently the option to create a ‘Group’ in Mail or ‘People’ is unavailable.

I would suggest you to check with the workaround below and see it that helps you.

Sending ‘Group’ email through the ‘People’ app:

1. Add a contact in ‘People’ app with the email section containing all the email addresses that you wish to send the email to, be sure to separate the email addresses with a semi-colon between each of them and no spaces.
    2. In the ‘Name’ section, you may enter the ‘Group’ name. Click on the ‘Save’ icon in the top right corner.
    3. The ‘Group’ will now be added to the list of contacts. Select the ‘Group’ and click on the ‘Email Personal’ section.
    4. You will be prompted to choose an application, select the ‘Mail’ app and click on ‘Ok’.
    5. The ‘Mail’ app will open will open with all the email addresses that was added under that name as recipients

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, May 11, 2020
  3. John582n Win User
    Mail - want to make a group List in windows 10

Windows 10 Hints & Tips—Creating an email Group in the Mail app

To send an email to a group of people using the Windows 10 Mail app:

• Start the People app
    • Add a new contact called "My Group" (or whatever)
    • In the Personal email box, list all the email addresses you want in the group separated by a comma (no spaces!!) - eg "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***,*** Email address is removed for privacy ***"
    • Save

To send an email to that group:

• Start the People app, highlight My Group then click "Email Personal" in the right pane and choose "Mail", then OK.
    • The Mail App will open and (if you only have one account) a new email will appear.
      If you have multiple accounts you need to select the account.

John582n, May 11, 2020
  4. How do I select groups of emails in Mail for Windows 10?

Group Email In Outlook 2016? Need Help!

The screen shot looks like that's where she would CREATE a new group. What is on the "Send/Receive" tab?

Check this site out...

How to Create Custom Groups in Outlook 2016 | Laptop Mag

After step 7, it tells you how to send to a group.

nolafotoknut, May 11, 2020
Thema:

How do I select groups of emails in Mail for Windows 10?

1. How do I select groups of emails in Mail for Windows 10? - Similar Threads - select groups emails

2. Email group setup for Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email group setup for Windows Mail: I am running Windows Mail for emails Windows 11 machine with Office 365, but am unable to create groups in / with my contacts. Any suggestions please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-group-setup-for-windows-mail/dbf11d74-55ee-4d30-8966-02e40b1e4017
  3. Email group setup for Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email group setup for Windows Mail: I am running Windows Mail for emails Windows 11 machine with Office 365, but am unable to create groups in / with my contacts. Any suggestions please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-group-setup-for-windows-mail/dbf11d74-55ee-4d30-8966-02e40b1e4017
  4. HOW DO I SELECT THE DEFAULT ACCOUNT IN WINDOWS MAIL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW DO I SELECT THE DEFAULT ACCOUNT IN WINDOWS MAIL: I have four different email accounts,How do I change the defualt account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-select-the-default-account-in-windows/28bcc2c3-4a22-4086-a501-d2292e0a5e42
  5. group emails in windows 10 mail

group emails in windows 10 mail: whilst I kind of like windows 10 it is sometimes not user friendly, I used to be able to create a mailing list for my club members now I find it impossible with the mail app in windows 10 whoever created this did not have ordinary people in mind. pleeeese help how can I...
  6. Groups.. How do I set up a group for email purposes?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Groups.. How do I set up a group for email purposes?: How do I set up a group contact list for email purposes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groups-how-do-i-set-up-a-group-for-email-purposes/0c5a0283-279c-47ed-a86c-d05ade3c8dc6"
  7. How do I create a group in mail?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I create a group in mail?: I want to set-up a group in windows mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-create-a-group-in-mail/efd760b5-3508-4986-9901-926abda30363"
  8. Windows Mail App - email groups

Windows Mail App - email groups: I have just been on line with Microsoft who confirm the Windows Mail App does not have the facility to create email groups. I need to use this function regularly and I am currently using my Gmail account for this purpose. When will Microsoft develop an email groups function...
  9. How do I Select All and delete all emails at once in Mail app?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I Select All and delete all emails at once in Mail app?: I have one question, Brink. How do I Select All emails at once, and delete all emails at once? 10383
  10. How do I create groups in the mail app?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I create groups in the mail app?: I understand that my "contacts" are now in an app called "People". I am using Google/Gmail to transfer all of my contacts to People, I also have several groups that I need to transfer or create to enable one email to go to several people in a group. How do I create groups...