Windows 10: How Do I select multiple files in a folder from a list of file names

Discus and support How Do I select multiple files in a folder from a list of file names in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; HI, I have a folder containing 9,987 .jpg's of which I need to copy about 500 of to a different folder. I have the file names in a .txt file on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SGTOOL, May 16, 2018.

1. SGTOOL Win User

How Do I select multiple files in a folder from a list of file names

HI,
    I have a folder containing 9,987 .jpg's of which I need to copy about 500 of to a different folder. I have the file names in a .txt file on separate lines as well as in a .csv worksheet. I don't want to find them individually to select/copy them.

Also, I'm only a little better than the average monkey at manipulating windows beyond the average use.

Thank you in advance for your help!
    -Rick

:)

SGTOOL, May 16, 2018
  2. agmarin Win User

Windows 10 file explorer: Is it possible to do a search selecting multiple folders?

Hi,

The problem is to do one
    search (i.e. one
    filename) on multiple folders.

For example, if I connect:

• Pendrive 1 with a folder "images" (e:\images\)
    • Pendrive 2 with a folder "photos" (f:\photos\)
    And then I want to do one
    search for files like *home* in both folders.

Is it possible to do this in file explorer (windows 10)?

Thanks!

agmarin, May 18, 2018
  3. Multiple listings of a video in ringtone selection list of N96

I had a .flv video in my E:\Video folder but that video is listed about ~150 times in ringtone selection list and it is very hard to browse for desired ringtone.

That video cannot be previewed in the list as well. Only .mp4 videos can be selected as a ringtone; however .flv files like this are also listed there but phone doesn't allow them to be assigned as the ringtone.

I have deleted that video from the memory but list is still full of this video's name. Anyway to remove that name from the list?

ahmetgns---01, May 18, 2018
Thema:

How Do I select multiple files in a folder from a list of file names

1. How Do I select multiple files in a folder from a list of file names - Similar Threads - select multiple files

2. Selecting Multiple Files in the Same Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Selecting Multiple Files in the Same Folder: I have a folder containing 5 PDF files, named 01, 02, 03, 04, 05. They are shown in numerical order I have the view sort by file name.When I double click one file, it opens Adobe reader, like it should.If I click the first file then shift+click the second file, right click...
  3. Selecting Multiple Files in the Same Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selecting Multiple Files in the Same Folder: I have a folder containing 5 PDF files, named 01, 02, 03, 04, 05. They are shown in numerical order I have the view sort by file name.When I double click one file, it opens Adobe reader, like it should.If I click the first file then shift+click the second file, right click...
  4. Selecting Multiple Files in the Same Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I select specific files by name in a folder ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I select specific files by name in a folder ?: Okay thanks in advance of this . I have a list of lets say 10 file names. They are in a text file. I want to search a folder that has those file names, highlight and then i guess, reverse the highlight to all other files in that folder, so i can delete the other files,...
  6. How do I remove files with similar names from a folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I remove files with similar names from a folder?: Hi, I have a folder with 1000+ files containing images. They have similar names like: imgred_4752 imgred_4785 imgred_4473 imgyellow_571 imgyellow_582 imgyellow_565 I would need one file per type, so, for example, it should be: imgred_4752 imgyellow_582 Can I do it with a...
  7. List file names than a folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    List file names than a folder.: Is there a bat file to generate the list of file names that I have inside a folder? If possible you can help me to do it or give me suggestions. Thanks in advance. Please. 162655
  8. For Windows 8 and 10, how do I create a list of file names in a folder

For Windows 8 and 10, how do I create a list of file names in a folder: For Windows 8 and 10, how do I create a list of file names in a folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-windows-8-and-10-how-do-i-create-a-list-of/f4ce754c-6b0c-4427-8c9d-fc77f0b6c7cf
  9. How do you create a new folder containing multiple selected files?

How do you create a new folder containing multiple selected files?: ... it is a very simple question. How do I create a new folder from a selection? I feel like an idiot for not being able to figure it out on my own, but hey, here we are. Anyone?...
  10. How do I select multiple files in File Explorer for copy on a tablet?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I select multiple files in File Explorer for copy on a tablet?: I want to move pictures I have taken with my Windows 10 Tablet to an external usb. I can copy them one at a time, but I would like to be able to select several picture by hitting the ctrl key or the shift key, but when I bring up the on screen keyboard, that does not work. Is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. select multiple files in a folder from a list of file names

2. how to select multiple files in a folder from a list of file names