Windows 10: How do I select range of files in file explorer

Discus and support How do I select range of files in file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; it used to be that I selected a file, then held down the shift key, and selected another file and all the files in between would also be selected. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bonvivant_910, May 6, 2019.

1. How do I select range of files in file explorer

it used to be that I selected a file, then held down the shift key, and selected another file and all the files in between would also be selected. This does not seem to work any more.

:)

bonvivant_910, May 6, 2019

2. Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

slyfox2151, May 6, 2019
  3. File explorer not searching in This PC

Hi George,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I suggest you to reset Windows explorer and check the behavior.

Please follow the steps:

• Right click on the task Bar and select Task Manager.

• Select Processes tab.

• Choose windows explorer and right click on it.

• Select end task

• Click on file menu and select run new task.

• Type explorer.exe

• Click on ok.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue with Windows Explorer. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, May 6, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

How do I select range of files in file explorer

File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 6, 2019
Thema:

How do I select range of files in file explorer

1. How do I select range of files in file explorer - Similar Threads - select range files

2. How do I select range of files in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I select range of files in file explorer?: it used to be that I selected a file, then held down the shift key, and selected another file and all the files in between would also be selected. This does not seem to work any more....
  3. How do I select range of files in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I select range of files in file explorer?: it used to be that I selected a file, then held down the shift key, and selected another file and all the files in between would also be selected. This does not seem to work any more....
  4. File explorer - selecting files = opening files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer - selecting files = opening files: HiI do wish you could look at the usability of various things, File Explorer being one of them. When in any of the various views, the rounded edge check boxes so bloomin' tiny!! You could use Magnifier - but it really doesn't help - if I've got two instances of Explorer...
  5. File explorer - selecting files = opening files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer - selecting files = opening files: HiI do wish you could look at the usability of various things, File Explorer being one of them. When in any of the various views, the rounded edge check boxes so bloomin' tiny!! You could use Magnifier - but it really doesn't help - if I've got two instances of Explorer...
  6. Selecting multiples files and/or a range of files in Widows 10 File Explorer stops working...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Selecting multiples files and/or a range of files in Widows 10 File Explorer stops working...: I am having similar problems with Windows 10 File Explorer, in that being able to select multiples files and/or a range of files "STOPS" working after doing it for a while. It seems to be occurring in the past year or so in Windows 10, but I never saw it in Windows XP, 7 or...
  7. File Explorer: Selecting contiguous files

File Explorer: Selecting contiguous files: Tested on Lenovo and HP laptops: Windows 10 v1909 & v2004 File Explorers only very occasionally allow<select>+<Shift> to select contiguous files - a procedure which worked in previous OS versions and never officially withdrawn. Single and randomselects, work O.K.....
  8. Files in File Explorer are not selected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files in File Explorer are not selected: Prior the issue File Explorer kept a selected file selected. I could select a file, then open it, save etc. without having to click on the mouse. Currently folder settings in File Explorer have changed because the file I have opened is not stayed selected anymore. I have to...
  9. Selecting a file crashes File Explorer

Selecting a file crashes File Explorer: I have a presentation to do tomorrow. Because I haven't paid for any Microsoft subscriptions, I've made my presentation using Google Slides. However, as a backup, I'm trying to save the file as a .pptx to have on a flashdrive should I not have access to the internet. Thing...
  10. How do I select multiple files in File Explorer for copy on a tablet?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I select multiple files in File Explorer for copy on a tablet?: I want to move pictures I have taken with my Windows 10 Tablet to an external usb. I can copy them one at a time, but I would like to be able to select several picture by hitting the ctrl key or the shift key, but when I bring up the on screen keyboard, that does not work. Is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to clear date range in file explorer

2. how to select range of files in file explorer

3. select range file explorer in windows 10

4. t aange of files in MS file explorer,
  5. help in file explorer delete range of files,
  6. how to select a range in file explorer,
  7. selecting a range of files in file explorer,
  8. how to delete a range of files in file explorer,
  9. select range of files in file explorer in windows 10,
  10. selecting a range of files in file explorerer,
  11. on file explorer function to do selection range