Windows 10: How do I send email manually and not immediately using Microsoft Mail?

Discus and support How do I send email manually and not immediately using Microsoft Mail? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I send emails manually and not immediately using Microsoft Mail? I like to check and edit emails from the outbox in my other email program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DavidTaylor772, Apr 23, 2021.

1. How do I send email manually and not immediately using Microsoft Mail?

How do I send emails manually and not immediately using Microsoft Mail? I like to check and edit emails from the outbox in my other email program before sending.

:)

DavidTaylor772, Apr 23, 2021
  2. Larnu Win User

Office 2013 Mail Merge sending no emails

I used to have no problems sending a Mail merge on Windows 7, however, trying to do one today on Windows 10, and it's simply not working.

I've done everything the same, using an excel document as the data source, and that works fine. When I select Finish & Merge -> Send Email Documents and then OK, Word makes it appear it worked (all the dynamic values change to those of the contacts as it cycles through sending each email), but that's it. Not one email is sent; nothing in my sent items and nothing shows that any of those contacts have been email on our exchange or email archive software.

I've seen that people suggest that Outlook is my default app (it is). Double checked the registry key as well Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\(Default) has the value Microsoft Outlook.

I've literally done nothing different from when doing this on Windows 7; seems that the searches seem to suggest that it's a common problem as well, but everyone seems to say they had a problem and disappears from their support request (and most answer tell you to check the above registry key).

Larnu, Apr 23, 2021
  3. Windows Live Mail 2012 refuses to send emails, claims they're spam

My wife uses Windows Live Mail 2012 and says it refuses to send emails, claiming they're spam. This is even replying to someone who is in her contacts list. I have run several different virus checks and nothing comes up. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA

Charliedog, Apr 23, 2021
  4. Jason Win User

How do I send email manually and not immediately using Microsoft Mail?

Where does Windows 10 Mail look for public keys when sending an encrypted email?

I have set up my work email (Exchange) using the Windows 10 built-in mail client. The mail client was able to download all of my emails, and even automatically found my personal certificate for decrypting and reading emails. I had outlook set up prior to trying this so I'm assuming it found the cert wherever outlook keeps it.

The client did not, however, find the public keys required to send encrypted emails. We use Active Directory which gives us a global address list for all employees. I believe that each user's public key is also stored there. It seems that Windows 10 mail is unable to access the address list since it hasn't been able to use that account to automatically import contacts into People, which is the contacts application for Windows 10. I was able to populate the contacts list by exporting from outlook, but the public keys didn't come with any of the contact cards.

Given that I can access and export the public keys from the address list, where would I put them so that the Windows 10 mail application would find them? I've tried a few tests with a colleague using the cert management console, putting his public key in the Trusted People and Other People folders, but had no luck getting the encrypted email to send. There is a banner that comes up on each attempt that says "The public key is missing for some recipients".

I have to assume that since encryption is an option when sending an email in the application, it would have to be able to cache the public keys somewhere, Right?

EDIT: I was able to pinpoint where the Mail app looks for public keys, but it isn’t able to install them itself (from a signed email, for example). I manually installed a public key from a colleague to that location within the key store, but Mail still couldn’t see that it had their public key when I would try to send him an encrypted email. I began to lean towards the idea that Mail cannot access the key store for one reason or another, but that wouldn’t make sense since it accessed my private cert right away and began decrypting emails. Still stumped.

Jason, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

How do I send email manually and not immediately using Microsoft Mail?

1. How do I send email manually and not immediately using Microsoft Mail? - Similar Threads - send email manually

2. using Microsoft Mail with 3 email accounts. It stopped sending mail now.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    using Microsoft Mail with 3 email accounts. It stopped sending mail now.: using Microsoft Mail with 3 email accounts. It stopped sending mail now.Happened a couple of weeks ago and Microsoft rep logged in and fixed but don't know what he did....
  3. using Microsoft Mail with 3 email accounts. It stopped sending mail now.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    using Microsoft Mail with 3 email accounts. It stopped sending mail now.: using Microsoft Mail with 3 email accounts. It stopped sending mail now.Happened a couple of weeks ago and Microsoft rep logged in and fixed but don't know what he did....
  4. SENDING EMAIL USING WINDOWS MAIL

SENDING EMAIL USING WINDOWS MAIL: Hi, Up until a few days ago we had no problem using the mail app on our computer, using windows 10. Suddenly it stopped and emails just go and sit in the outbox and a notification appears saying " Unable to access this account ................ You might need to update...
  5. Problems sending emails in Microsoft Mail

Problems sending emails in Microsoft Mail: When I send an email it is no longer appearing in my Sent box. I am therefore not sure whether they have been sent. I did recently receive a reply to one of my sent messages so they are going out. I simply don't have a copy in my Sent box...
  6. Can't send email using Windows 10 Mail

Can't send email using Windows 10 Mail: I am having trouble send emails using the windows mail program on my computer. I can receive, just can't send. this is the error message: We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if...
  7. Emails wont send using Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Emails wont send using Windows Live Mail: We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is correct and that no attachments are too large....
  8. How to send an email using Cortana?

in Browsers and Email
    How to send an email using Cortana?: I haven't bothered using Cortana much. In theory, you can ask Cortana to compose and send an email. However, when I say write email / send email or something similar, Cortana just does a web search on that phrase. I have the Mail app ad Outlook 2010. How do you configure...
  9. Sending emails using Mail app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sending emails using Mail app: I have Windows 10 and an old version of Outlook 2007 installed on the pc. I’d like to use only Mail app. In the Settings I have Mail as my default email program. But when I 'send via email' in Word or Explorer, Outlook (2007) always opens. How to send email only using Mail?...
  10. Windows Mail receives email but jams on send and won't send email using imap email account...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Mail receives email but jams on send and won't send email using imap email account...: Hello, I setup a IMAP email account on my iPad without any issues. After installing the same IMAP email account using the same SSL port settings, Windows 10 Windows Mail App will receive email, but not send. After creating an email and clicking on send, the response from...