Windows 10: How do I set 2D shape preferences in paint?

Discus and support How do I set 2D shape preferences in paint? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I set 2D shape preferences in paint? I'm annotating a lot of screenshots in Paint 3D and would like it to hold the settings for the rectangle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CherelynGillsonIQ, Oct 4, 2018.

1. How do I set 2D shape preferences in paint?

How do I set 2D shape preferences in paint?

I'm annotating a lot of screenshots in Paint 3D and would like it to hold the settings for the rectangle shape of red 2px.

Every time I open a new screenshot it goes back to a black 10px line.

Is there any way to set your preferences in Paint 3D?

:)

CherelynGillsonIQ, Oct 4, 2018

2. how to add colour in 2d shapes in ms paint 3d

Hello

How do I add colour in 2d shapes in ms paint 3d as no colour selection shown in 2 shapes

Thanks

GeoffTaylor2, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Paint 3D will not save as a 2D-JPG file, only as a 2D-BMP

I like to use Paint 3D to resize files, including jpg files. Problem is for as long as I have had this app I have been unable to to save from Paint 3D to anything other than a 2d-BMP file. Whenever I try and save to a 2D-JPG (or PNG, GIF, etc). I get an
    error message "something went wrong". To avoid the standard reply asking which build of Windows 10 am I running, let me say at the outset that this has been the case ever since Windows 10 has been released, and regardless of which subsequent build (My computer
    is constantly updated to the latest build and update available). I have seen similar problems identified on this forum, but never a satisfactory solution. The only way I can get around the problem is to save firstly as a 2D-BMP file, then open the saved BMP
    file with the original Microsoft Paint, after which I can happily save in whatever format I require (usually Jpg). Come on folks. Someone must have a solution. It shouldn't be that difficult.

MichaelCooper_1456, Oct 4, 2018
  4. How do I set 2D shape preferences in paint?

Paint 3D does not select 2D stickers or drawings after you've placed them.

Okay, so I would draw a line or 2D shape of any kind then deselect them. If I want to edit the 2D shapes or lines, the selection tool or select option would not select them at all. It would only select squares of the entire background. If there is any
    work around or way to fix this, please let me know.

Andy Hayek, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

How do I set 2D shape preferences in paint?

1. How do I set 2D shape preferences in paint? - Similar Threads - set shape preferences

2. How do I increase transparency of a 3D shape in Paint 3D?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I increase transparency of a 3D shape in Paint 3D?: I look for tutorials on YouTube & I can't find one. Can you please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-increase-transparency-of-a-3d-shape-in/2ba826aa-f13b-4a42-b79b-d8d7df226b77
  3. How do I increase transparency of a 3D shape in Paint 3D?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I increase transparency of a 3D shape in Paint 3D?: I look for tutorials on YouTube & I can't find one. Can you please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-increase-transparency-of-a-3d-shape-in/2ba826aa-f13b-4a42-b79b-d8d7df226b77
  4. Shapes turning invisible in Paint 3D?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shapes turning invisible in Paint 3D?: I was working on this model for an upcoming game of mine, so I saved it as a 3D model so that I could use it for later. When I saved it, however, it gave me a crash error. It still saved the file, but now when I open it in Paint 3D, it looks like this: You can tell that the...
  5. Shapes turning invisible in Paint 3D?

Shapes turning invisible in Paint 3D?: I was working on this model for an upcoming game of mine, so I saved it as a 3D model so that I could use it for later. When I saved it, however, it gave me a crash error. It still saved the file, but now when I open it in Paint 3D, it looks like this: You can tell that the...
  6. Shearing cutting a shape in Paint 3D

Shearing cutting a shape in Paint 3D: I can't find a tool in Paint 3D that shears a shape, for example: [ATTACH] I want to cut the parts of the cylinders behind the surface https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shearing-cutting-a-shape-in-paint-3d/065ced20-06fa-4963-9ab5-581d0b4f7e06
  7. Paint 3D - Text Wrapping 2D - 3D

Paint 3D - Text Wrapping 2D - 3D: I've been working in Paint 3D and i am still not sure how to create effects with text, such as the two below specifically. Does Paint 3D support these effects? If so, what key strokes are required for such effects? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  8. Paint 3D - 2D button does not appear

Paint 3D - 2D button does not appear: Hi, i´m getting started in this, i can´t find 2D buttons, i need to draw straight lines, can anybody help me? Thanks![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-3d-2d-button-does-not-appear/9fc9fe51-bc6d-4df2-b06c-dd6c9a547efd
  9. how to draw a simple shape in windows 10 paint

how to draw a simple shape in windows 10 paint: Hi, I want to draw a red arrow pointing to a specific place on an image. I'd also like to type some explanatory text next to the arrow. Apparently during my 35 years of working with computer software I haven't mastered the skills to work with Windows Paint. Here's an...
  10. How do I set 2D shape preferences in paint?

How do I set 2D shape preferences in paint?: How do I set 2D shape preferences in paint? I'm annotating a lot of screenshots in Paint 3D and would like it to hold the settings for the rectangle shape of red 2px. Every time I open a new screenshot it goes back to a black 10px line. Is there any way to set your...