Windows 10: How do I set All Default Apps?

Discus and support How do I set All Default Apps? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to Set All defaults for my apps. But doing that is impossible. Going to settings -> Apps -> Default Apps -> Set Defaults By Apps takes me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PratyushKhuntia, Jul 18, 2018.

1. How do I set All Default Apps?

I am trying to Set All defaults for my apps. But doing that is impossible. Going to settings -> Apps -> Default Apps -> Set Defaults By Apps takes me to this page.

How do I set All Default Apps? 1acfa672-8499-45d0-a974-62e48d6ad864?upload=true.png

I click on an app and I get this button.

How do I set All Default Apps? 6941fa2e-5127-4c1e-bc8f-a883dbb8972d?upload=true.png

Clicking on that button takes me to this place.

How do I set All Default Apps? e7635004-5a2d-4901-9b3c-d7eec46ec27d?upload=true.png

In the above window I've to choose a default for each extension seperately. I want to do this with my VLC Media Player but if I've to choose each and every default then It's a waste of my time. VLC has a lot of supported file extensions, Assigning each one of them is a tough thing to do. Please help me find an easier way.

Thank You.

:)

PratyushKhuntia, Jul 18, 2018

2. How to set Microsoft Photos App as default

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, click on Choose default apps by file type.
    • Set the default App to open .jpg files and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 18, 2018
  3. Cannot set "Calendar" as default app

Hi J.C.Coelho,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 Technical Preview is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check whether you are able to make the Calendar as default.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Select Default apps from the left pane.
    • Click on Choose default app by protocol at the bottom.
    • Select the Calendar and choose an app.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jul 18, 2018
  4. kormath Win User

How do I set All Default Apps?

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done *Smile I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

How do I set All Default Apps?

1. How do I set All Default Apps? - Similar Threads - set Default Apps

2. How do I set default app for filetypes not listed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set default app for filetypes not listed?: I have an editor VIM which I'd like to set as the default app for .bat files. Actually it doesn't have to be THE default app, but preferably I would like it listed as an ap that can be used for that file type.Unfortunately, the setting for assigning default apps does not list...
  3. How do I set default app for filetypes not listed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I set default app for filetypes not listed?: I have an editor VIM which I'd like to set as the default app for .bat files. Actually it doesn't have to be THE default app, but preferably I would like it listed as an ap that can be used for that file type.Unfortunately, the setting for assigning default apps does not list...
  4. How can I set the default GPU for ALL APPS on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I set the default GPU for ALL APPS on Windows 10?: I have an Optimus Laptop A laptop with both an integrated GPU and a discrete NVIDIA GPU. In Settings -> System -> Display -> Graphics settings you can set if each program uses the power saving integrated GPU, or the high performance discrete GPU.I leave my laptop plugged in...
  5. How can I set the default GPU for ALL APPS on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I set the default GPU for ALL APPS on Windows 10?: I have an Optimus Laptop A laptop with both an integrated GPU and a discrete NVIDIA GPU. In Settings -> System -> Display -> Graphics settings you can set if each program uses the power saving integrated GPU, or the high performance discrete GPU.I leave my laptop plugged in...
  6. How can I set the default GPU for ALL APPS on Windows 10?

7. how do I change app settings in the default Windows 10 mail app?

how do I change app settings in the default Windows 10 mail app?: I used to be able to change settings for this app but now the little cog wheel has disappeared and I can't find any other way to enter into the apps options. Note: I am not talking about Outlook....
  8. How do I set a default

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I set a default: I want to set Libre office but it keeps going back to WPS, how can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-a-default/e3bb7e07-68e1-4200-b460-cf2e1d39fbd1
  9. How do I set Windows to it's default settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I set Windows to it's default settings?: I am using windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-set-windows-to-its-default-settings/24530a82-b15f-4b57-a10c-8b3146961714
  10. How do I set the default app for browsing to IE 11

in Browsers and Email
    How do I set the default app for browsing to IE 11: Have tried this: http://www.howtogeek.com/223144/how-...in-windows-10/ ...but doesn't work for me - constantly nagged every time I open a link wheter I would like to use edge and I flippin wouldn't. 16974