Windows 10: How do I set certain videos to automatically play muted?

Discus and support How do I set certain videos to automatically play muted? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to know how to set up videos to play as muted, as I recall there was a way back in windows 7 to write a code like "-muted" or something in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stefan Gendor B, Nov 28, 2018.

1. How do I set certain videos to automatically play muted?

I want to know how to set up videos to play as muted, as I recall there was a way back in windows 7 to write a code like "-muted" or something in the properties, but now it does not longer appear to be possible.

So is there a way to set videos to muted, or will I have to download a video editing software and do everything a bit more timeconsuming?

:)

Stefan Gendor B, Nov 28, 2018

2. videos on websites opening muted windows 10 home all browsers

Hi and thank you for responding with those two suggestions.

I have tried those suggestions and they do not make any difference. I have also tried disabling flash on websites thinking perhaps flash was the problem. However the videos continue to play and begin playing on mute. I can unmute the videos and the next video in the queue will be muted.

this tells me I think these sites are running html5 video because I have turn flash off.

can anybody think of any reason why the HTML five based videos on all of the computers at my house hold would be defaulted to opening videos on mute?

VikingTrad3r, Nov 28, 2018
  3. David Haz Win User
    Volume goes to zero and mute.

Hi William,

If the volume of your computer automatically mutes, it could be that the audio drivers are corrupted or damaged, or that there are software conflicts occurring within the system. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the audio troubleshooter
    and lets Windows find and automatically resolve problems with your audio. Here's how to run the audio troubleshooter:

• Select the Start button, then type troubleshoot, and select
      Troubleshoot from the list of results. From there, select
      Playing Audio
      > Run the troubleshooter.

If the troubleshooter does not help resolve the problem with your volume settings, we suggest that you check Device Manager and update your sound card drivers. Updating would replace any corrupted or damaged components of the audio driver. Here's how to
    update your audio drivers through Device Manager:

• Open the Start button, then type device manager, and select
      Device Manager from the search results.
    • Under Sound, video and game controllers, right-click your sound card driver, then select
      Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically search for updated driver software.
    If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you may look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions on how to install their driver.

If the above steps doesn't resolve the problem, feel free to post back to us.

David Haz, Nov 28, 2018
  4. How do I set certain videos to automatically play muted?

No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

How do I set certain videos to automatically play muted?

1. How do I set certain videos to automatically play muted? - Similar Threads - set certain videos

2. how do i play a .vbo video file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i play a .vbo video file?: how do i play a .vbo video file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-play-a-vbo-video-file/fc2c43b4-8f0f-4cbb-a256-25aadafcba6c
  3. Certain games I play mute all sound on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain games I play mute all sound on my computer.: I recently just got new heaphones as my old ones broke. But, they've come with a problem. Whenever I play any game from my PC Xbox Game Pass, it mutes all sound from my computer. Even the game. Weird thing, if I play a game on Steam, it works perfectly fine. If I click off of...
  4. Certain games I play mute all sound on my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain games I play mute all sound on my computer.: I recently just got new heaphones as my old ones broke. But, they've come with a problem. Whenever I play any game from my PC Xbox Game Pass, it mutes all sound from my computer. Even the game. Weird thing, if I play a game on Steam, it works perfectly fine. If I click off of...
  5. how do i play video?

how do i play video?: how do i play video? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-play-video/98353dc7-3eba-4d4f-b620-980334ae414b
  6. how do i play video?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i play video?: how do i play video? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-play-video/98353dc7-3eba-4d4f-b620-980334ae414b
  7. VIDEO PAUSE PLAY AUTOMATICALLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VIDEO PAUSE PLAY AUTOMATICALLY: Video pause and play automatically only when I use an internal Youtube, google or 3rd party software windows media player, VLC, films &TVs . It happens only when I am playing a video or audio.it also happens when the window is minimized. No virus after scanissues in Windows...
  8. VIDEO PAUSE PLAY AUTOMATICALLY

VIDEO PAUSE PLAY AUTOMATICALLY: Video pause and play automatically only when I use an internal Youtube, google or 3rd party software windows media player, VLC, films &TVs . It happens only when I am playing a video or audio.it also happens when the window is minimized. No virus after scanissues in Windows...
  9. VIDEO PAUSE PLAY AUTOMATICALLY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Videos are not playing on certain websites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Videos are not playing on certain websites: Hello, Since yesterday I've been unable to load some videos on some websites. You Tube works as does videos on Facebook. I have cleared the cache and cookies and under Device Manager have updated the driver on my Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620. Restarted as advised but still the...