Windows 10: How do I set diffeent photos on a laptop screen and 2 other displays?

Discus and support How do I set diffeent photos on a laptop screen and 2 other displays? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Personalization>Background option to assign different photos to different displays has changed. The photos I want appear as before. A right click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ajmplanner, Apr 1, 2023.

1. How do I set diffeent photos on a laptop screen and 2 other displays?

The Personalization>Background option to assign different photos to different displays has changed. The photos I want appear as before. A right click that used to allow the selected photo to be assigned to a display now only allows assignment to Desktop 1 and Desktop 2. I only have one desktop display and 2 external displays. The "Identify" option identifies them correctly as 1-2-3. I am running Windws 11 Home. Previously had Windows 10 and the photo assignment to displays worked correctly.

:)

ajmplanner, Apr 1, 2023
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

How to disable a laptop screen?

Closing it got rid of the laptop's display from being shown in the "Screen Resolution" list, so now it's just the two externals...but it still is saying Unable to Save Display Settings.

OrbitzXT, Apr 1, 2023
  3. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Apr 1, 2023
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

How do I set diffeent photos on a laptop screen and 2 other displays?

How to disable a laptop screen?

Windows 7, right clicking the desktop and selecting screen resolution. I selected the laptop screen and under "Multiple Displays" selected "Disconnect this display", so now I have it showing on only 1 external monitor, nothing else. At this point I thought I should be able to extend to the other monitor, but when I do it gives me unable to save display settings.

When I try and do it from nVidia control panel, there are five options...Laptop Display + Monitor 1, Monitor 1 + Laptop Display, Laptop Display + Monitor 2, Monitor 2 + Laptop Display, and "My display is not shown in the list"

OrbitzXT, Apr 1, 2023
Thema:

How do I set diffeent photos on a laptop screen and 2 other displays?

1. How do I set diffeent photos on a laptop screen and 2 other displays? - Similar Threads - set diffeent photos

2. How do I set diffeent photos on a laptop screen and 2 other displays?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set diffeent photos on a laptop screen and 2 other displays?: The Personalization>Background option to assign different photos to different displays has changed. The photos I want appear as before. A right click that used to allow the selected photo to be assigned to a display now only allows assignment to Desktop 1 and Desktop 2. I...
  3. Screen saver set to display photos from a folder is showing documents from other folders...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screen saver set to display photos from a folder is showing documents from other folders...: My screensaver is set to show photos. I have selected a folder in documents that contains several personal pictures in subfolders. When the screensaver runs, it is also showing documents from non related folders such as my COVID vaccination card and templates from my desktop....
  4. Screen saver set to display photos from a folder is showing documents from other folders...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen saver set to display photos from a folder is showing documents from other folders...: My screensaver is set to show photos. I have selected a folder in documents that contains several personal pictures in subfolders. When the screensaver runs, it is also showing documents from non related folders such as my COVID vaccination card and templates from my desktop....
  5. How do I adjust the brightness on screens/display other the actual laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I adjust the brightness on screens/display other the actual laptop?: Hoping there's a fix for this as I've read that this is not possible. Is there a way to adjust the brightness on my screens which are additions to my station? Thank you in advance. C...
  6. How do I adjust the brightness on screens/display other the actual laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I adjust the brightness on screens/display other the actual laptop?: Hoping there's a fix for this as I've read that this is not possible. Is there a way to adjust the brightness on my screens which are additions to my station? Thank you in advance. C...
  7. How do i make display 2 active?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i make display 2 active?: [ATTACH] so I have just ran into this problem and I cant seem to find a resolution to it, everything was working fine the other day and now my pc will only show one display at a time, if I power off display 1 display 2 will activate but that's the only way it will work...
  8. 2 display screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 display screens: Suddenly I have two displays screen--the top one can delete both screens but the front one cannot delete either screen. They seem to be connected as one. I googled for help and followed direction, rt click on blank desktop and go to multiple screens. That seemed to only...
  9. How do I set the time on my screen changer photos?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I set the time on my screen changer photos?: Split from this thread. I am trying to find out how to set the time on my screen changer photo's. Can anyone help me? I am running windows 10....
  10. How do I set default screen orientation to landscape on 2-in-1?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I set default screen orientation to landscape on 2-in-1?: I have a RCA W101 V2 tablet that comes with a docking keyboard. If I undock, then redock, it always switches to portrait mode. I manually set the orientation to landscape when it is in docked mode, and it will stay like that until I undock the keyboard. Then autorotation...