Windows 10: How do i set different backgrounds for both of my monitors?

Discus and support How do i set different backgrounds for both of my monitors? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have looked for an answer from google but havent been able to find the answer, so i decided to ask you guys :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Urkkiburkki, Apr 28, 2021.

1. How do i set different backgrounds for both of my monitors?

I have looked for an answer from google but havent been able to find the answer, so i decided to ask you guys :

:)

Urkkiburkki, Apr 28, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Different Backgrounds on each monitor

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to set different wallpapers on each monitors.

We would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1: Identify Displays.

Try using the Identify option to identify the displays and then check if you can set different background. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on System, and select
      Display
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, under Rearrange your displays, click on
      Identify to identify the displays.

Refer screenshot below:

How do i set different backgrounds for both of my monitors? 8f709fba-58a5-4927-8b85-7b2e6d47a4a3?upload=true.png

Once the displays are identified as Monitor 1 and Monitor 2, try setting the background.

Method 2: Duplicating Displays

One other thing we can try is to set the displays to Duplicate first and then Extend them.

To Duplicate the Displays, press Windows key + P, and select
    Duplicate. Follow the same steps and select Extend.

After Extending the displays, check if we get the option to set different backgrounds.

Method 3: Reinstall Display Drivers.

If Method 1 and 2 didn’t help, we can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Display Drivers. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Now, right click on the Display
      device
      and select Uninstall Device.
    4. Once the device is uninstalled, click on Actions and select
      Scan for hardware changes.
    5. Restart the computer.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 28, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Setting different Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10

Hi All,
    If you have a dual monitors and want to set a different background for each. You don't need third party program to set them. Here's an easy way:
    1. Copy the background images to: C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows

How do i set different backgrounds for both of my monitors? [​IMG]

2. Use CTRL key for multiple selection to select both backgrounds.
    3. Right click on one background->Set as desktop background

You should have a separate background for each monitor.

The background images will be stored under:
    %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes
    as:
    Transcoded_000 and Transcoded_001 without extension

If you want to swap the images, just rename 0 to 1, 1 to 0. Sign out and sign back in or
    right click on desktop and select: Next desktop background

Here's an example:

topgundcp, Apr 28, 2021
  4. ipooloo Win User

How do i set different backgrounds for both of my monitors?

Setting different Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10

Works perfectly thank you!

ipooloo, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

How do i set different backgrounds for both of my monitors?

1. How do i set different backgrounds for both of my monitors? - Similar Threads - set different backgrounds

2. Hi both of my monitor is Set as monitor 2 when changing background,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi both of my monitor is Set as monitor 2 when changing background,: TThanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-both-of-my-monitor-is-set-as-monitor-2-when/06f3ab26-653b-481e-9856-2ae032fe5d40
  3. Hi both of my monitor is Set as monitor 2 when changing background,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi both of my monitor is Set as monitor 2 when changing background,: TThanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-both-of-my-monitor-is-set-as-monitor-2-when/06f3ab26-653b-481e-9856-2ae032fe5d40
  4. Hi both of my monitor is Set as monitor 2 when changing background,

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors: I am currently unable to set different images as backgrounds on my different monitors. This is what I see when I try to do so:I have tried using methods I found in other threads to fix this problem. I have tried switching to duplicate display and back to extend as well as...
  6. Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors

Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors: I am currently unable to set different images as backgrounds on my different monitors. This is what I see when I try to do so:I have tried using methods I found in other threads to fix this problem. I have tried switching to duplicate display and back to extend as well as...
  7. Different Backgrounds For My Monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different Backgrounds For My Monitors: So I have two monitors, one being set up vertically and the other (my main monitor) is horizontal. I was wondering if there was a way to have my main monitor be set to shuffle for my backgrounds and the secondary monitor be a set/static background. I don't know if I am just...
  8. Different monitor backgrounds for dual monitor set up.

Different monitor backgrounds for dual monitor set up.: How do I set dual backgrounds on two different monitors? When I go to personalize and right click on the background picture option where it says "Choose your picture" to set to a specific monitor it gives me three options: Set for all monitors, Set for monitor 2, and Set for...
  9. How do I set a different wallpaper for each monitor? It always applies to both monitors. My...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I set a different wallpaper for each monitor? It always applies to both monitors. My...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OnePunkArmy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fivaze/how_do_i_set_a_different_wallpaper_for_each/
  10. How do I set different DPI scaling for different monitors, and KEEP it

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I set different DPI scaling for different monitors, and KEEP it: I have a Surface Pro 4 running the latest update of Windows10, and a LG Ultrawide monitor. I have set the display settings manually, and I have reviewed them using the regedit -- and everything works fine and I'm happy with the settings: I have the Surface Pro display set...