Windows 10: How do I set different DPI scaling for different monitors, and KEEP it

Discus and support How do I set different DPI scaling for different monitors, and KEEP it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Surface Pro 4 running the latest update of Windows10, and a LG Ultrawide monitor. I have set the display settings manually, and I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pezalinski, Mar 21, 2017.

1. How do I set different DPI scaling for different monitors, and KEEP it

I have a Surface Pro 4 running the latest update of Windows10, and a LG Ultrawide monitor.

I have set the display settings manually, and I have reviewed them using the regedit -- and everything works fine and I'm happy with the settings: I have the Surface Pro display set to 200%, and the LG Ultrawide set to 100%, and it's fairly copacetic.
    My problem is, every time I restart my computer, I have to "Turn off custom scaling and sign out" and manually restore these settings. It's maddening, because I'm docked and use the same monitor every time.
    How can I keep Windows for defaulting to the 'base' Surface Pro scaling of "200%" for both monitors, and keep my monitor-specific settings?

Solved: Change DPI Scaling Level for Displays in Windows 10 - Page 7 - Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

:)

pezalinski, Mar 21, 2017

2. Mixed resolution scaling results in blurry applications?

Yes, you can turn all the DPI scales to 100%. Programs that you drag over to another DPI screen may appear to be a different size (in terms of how much space it uses on the screen when you measure with a real-world ruler), but they will not stretch/scale
    and thus will always look crisp.

For background info on this, I have an article that may interest you:

DPI Scaling in HD Multi-Monitor Configurations

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 21, 2017
  3. Multiple Display Size for "Select and Rearrange Displays"

That's because the displays are different densities (number of pixels-per-square-inch, also known as DPI or Dots Per Inch). Even though the monitor is physically smaller in real life, it has many more dots, and thus it appears larger in the preview graphic.

There is absolutely nothing you can do about it, you just have to drag the two monitor representations around with that understanding in mind. you can still make the monitors "touch" in different spots, but the pixel dots have to line up.

See DPI Scaling in HD Multi-Monitor Configurations for details about how to do this, including
    a video that demonstrates it towards the bottom of the page.

Okay maybe there is one thing you could do about it: buy monitors that all have the exact same number of dots-per-inch, and then you'll never have this issue.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 21, 2017
Thema:

How do I set different DPI scaling for different monitors, and KEEP it

1. How do I set different DPI scaling for different monitors, and KEEP it - Similar Threads - set different DPI

2. How to set different wallpaper for different monitors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set different wallpaper for different monitors?: I've looked through every setting on my computer and every forum on a couple sites, none of them have answered my question.I'm trying to set a different wall paper for each of my three monitors. But every time I go into the personalization settings and right click on a...
  3. How to set different wallpaper for different monitors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set different wallpaper for different monitors?: I've looked through every setting on my computer and every forum on a couple sites, none of them have answered my question.I'm trying to set a different wall paper for each of my three monitors. But every time I go into the personalization settings and right click on a...
  4. Different Scaling on two monitors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different Scaling on two monitors.: Hello, On my new Win11 laptop I am unable to set different scaling on my laptops auxiliary monitor. My laptop is 2560x1600 on a 16" monitor and my aux is 35" on 1980x1080.On 100% scaling, the laptop's test is minuscule almost unreadable, so i set it to 125%.Now, my 35" also...
  5. Different Scaling on two monitors.

Different Scaling on two monitors.: Hello, On my new Win11 laptop I am unable to set different scaling on my laptops auxiliary monitor. My laptop is 2560x1600 on a 16" monitor and my aux is 35" on 1980x1080.On 100% scaling, the laptop's test is minuscule almost unreadable, so i set it to 125%.Now, my 35" also...
  6. How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution: Hello,I have two monitors a 1440p monitor and a 1080p monitor. They are both the same size and sit next to each other. In the display settings the 1080p monitor is much smaller. Which causes apps to resize when moving them from one monitor to the other and the cursor move...
  7. How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution

How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution: Hello,I have two monitors a 1440p monitor and a 1080p monitor. They are both the same size and sit next to each other. In the display settings the 1080p monitor is much smaller. Which causes apps to resize when moving them from one monitor to the other and the cursor move...
  8. How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. How to Set Custom DPI Scaling For Dual Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Set Custom DPI Scaling For Dual Monitor: Hello everyone. I want to set my first monitor's dpi scale to 134%. And second monitor to 100%. But I couldn't do it. So, windows only offers me 134% for all monitors or (100-125-150-175-200) for first monitor and (100-125-150-175-200)% for second monitor.(Only presets)...
  10. Blurry 2nd Monitor when using different DPI scaling

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Blurry 2nd Monitor when using different DPI scaling: My main monitor is 2560x1440 and my 2nd monitor is 1920x1080. When I set both to 100% or 125% scaling they both look fine. If I set my main monitor to 125% and my 2nd monitor to 100% the 2nd monitor is blurry. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a way to fix it?...