Windows 10: How do I set different screen time limits for different devices?

Discus and support How do I set different screen time limits for different devices? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 and Family Safety. My son uses a desktop for gaming and a laptop for schoolwork. I would like to set his desktop to have limited... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Concerned parent_786, Jan 30, 2023.

1. How do I set different screen time limits for different devices?

I'm running Windows 10 and Family Safety. My son uses a desktop for gaming and a laptop for schoolwork. I would like to set his desktop to have limited screen time hours, say 2 hours in the evening. But the laptop I want him to have access to throughout the day. How do I set different screen time schedules for different devices?Both devices are registered in his Family Safety account, but they are forced to have the same screen time schedule. When I turn off the option to "Use one schedule on all devices" it still does not allow different schedules on different Windows 10 devices. It loo

:)

Concerned parent_786, Jan 30, 2023

2. Screen shut down at different intervals

Thank you Ron; but that is the first thing I did when I installed the operating system. That was the fist thing I did on any operating system I installed. Even though, I did it again just to make sure; no luck. Besides, the screen "shuts off" at different
    times. I believe it a Malware program. Any suggestions?

I appreciate your help,

David

David J. Spinelli, Jan 30, 2023
  3. Screen shut down at different intervals

Hi David,

This has something to do with the Display settings of your Computer.

To set when the Turn off the Display, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button on the desktop, then select Settings.
    • Open PC and devices (or System).
    • Select Power and sleep.
    • Under Screen, choose Never from the dropdown list.

This should prevent your screen from turning off at different intervals.

Regards.

Ronald San, Jan 30, 2023
  4. Sh_29 Win User

How do I set different screen time limits for different devices?

Screen-time limit on multiple devices

Thanks. So am I right in thinking that, as of now, there is no solution to my problems?

Sh_29, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

How do I set different screen time limits for different devices?

1. How do I set different screen time limits for different devices? - Similar Threads - set different screen

2. How to set different wallpaper for different monitors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set different wallpaper for different monitors?: I've looked through every setting on my computer and every forum on a couple sites, none of them have answered my question.I'm trying to set a different wall paper for each of my three monitors. But every time I go into the personalization settings and right click on a...
  3. How do I set different screen time limits for different devices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set different screen time limits for different devices?: I'm running Windows 10 and Family Safety. My son uses a desktop for gaming and a laptop for schoolwork. I would like to set his desktop to have limited screen time hours, say 2 hours in the evening. But the laptop I want him to have access to throughout the day. How do I set...
  4. How do I set different screen time limits for different devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I set different screen time limits for different devices?: I'm running Windows 10 and Family Safety. My son uses a desktop for gaming and a laptop for schoolwork. I would like to set his desktop to have limited screen time hours, say 2 hours in the evening. But the laptop I want him to have access to throughout the day. How do I set...
  5. Different BSODs at different times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different BSODs at different times: Hello all!I have had a self-built PC for a year that I now use for gaming and study. Since then I have been suffering from various BSODs or my screen freezing and that I have to manually turn the PC off and on again. I have searched for so long and tried various solutions but...
  6. Different BSODs at different times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different BSODs at different times: Hello all!I have had a self-built PC for a year that I now use for gaming and study. Since then I have been suffering from various BSODs or my screen freezing and that I have to manually turn the PC off and on again. I have searched for so long and tried various solutions but...
  7. Different device times on two different computers

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Different device times on two different computers: Hello, I have my daughter set up on our family account. She has a PC for gaming and a laptop for school work. I am trying to set device limits and from what I can see I can only set up windows 10 limits and they go for both devices. Is there a way to set up certain times...
  8. Different devices times on two different computers

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Different devices times on two different computers: Hello, I have my daughter set up on our family account. She has a PC for gaming and a laptop for school work. I am trying to set device limits and from what I can see I can only set up windows 10 limits and they go for both devices. Is there a way to set up certain times...
  9. Different times on different profiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different times on different profiles: Hi all... Was wondering, is it possible to have different times set in the date/time settings for different profiles? Would be useful to me when I'm working in different time zones and want to have one account on local time, and one behaving as if I was still on home...
  10. How do I set different DPI scaling for different monitors, and KEEP it

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I set different DPI scaling for different monitors, and KEEP it: I have a Surface Pro 4 running the latest update of Windows10, and a LG Ultrawide monitor. I have set the display settings manually, and I have reviewed them using the regedit -- and everything works fine and I'm happy with the settings: I have the Surface Pro display set...