Windows 10: how do I set my computer up so it records audo through my headset's mic instead of the...

Discus and support how do I set my computer up so it records audo through my headset's mic instead of the... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; so I'm a bit of an idiot when it comes to computers, and yesterday I spent about 1,5 hours setting my laptop up to record audio from my headset's build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by lucadijk, Jan 29, 2020.

1. lucadijk Win User

how do I set my computer up so it records audo through my headset's mic instead of the...

so I'm a bit of an idiot when it comes to computers, and yesterday I spent about 1,5 hours setting my laptop up to record audio from my headset's build in mic instead of the mic build in to my laptop. this was essentially done by trying random stuff until it worked just looking for something that could possibly have the option located to change this. now skip to today, and it's recording through my build in mic again and all the settings I changed yesterday got reset including all my audio from discord being muted causing me to miss something quite important thought this is a different issue I've dealt with before. And honestly, I don't feel like spending 1,5 hours to randomly go around looking for where I can change this nor do I know if I still can because I remember installing Dolby Atmos for my headset and that helping me somewhat, but now I can't even do anything there because it tells me it needs to update, along with an error saying it can't update.

I just really don't want to go through all this again so I thought it'd be best I asked someone who knows that they are doing instead.

:)

lucadijk, Jan 29, 2020

2. Headset Mics not detected

Whenever I plug in a headset a prompt comes up asking what type of device I have plugged in, I have tried headset and mic. I have tried multiple headsets. I plug them all into the audio jack and the sound comes through but whenever I try to record with
    the attached mic the laptops internal mic records instead of the one on the attached headset. I have also gone into the settings to try and change which mic pics up the audio, yet when I get to it the only option is the computers internal mic. Why is there
    no option for the mic on the headset I have plugged in?

Zachchaney0, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Windows Phone Camera App: Recording Video with headset microphone instead of internal mic

Hello,

The phone only uses the built-in mic when recording videos on the Camera app. If you want to use an external mic when recording videos, it is best that you send this suggestion through Feedback Hub so our developers can work on it. To send a feedback on
    your phone, you can follow the steps below:

• Go to All apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the Menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then tap the Add button
      (+) at the top right side.
    • Select Suggestion and provide the details needed in the box.
    • Select the right category and then submit.

Let us know if you have any concerns.

Michael Rey, Jan 29, 2020
  4. how do I set my computer up so it records audo through my headset's mic instead of the...

Computer won't recognize headset microphone

how do I set my computer up so it records audo through my headset's mic instead of the... [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

how do I set my computer up so it records audo through my headset's mic instead of the...

1. how do I set my computer up so it records audo through my headset's mic instead of the... - Similar Threads - set computer records

2. I want to use my laptops mic instead of my headsets mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to use my laptops mic instead of my headsets mic: I want to use my laptops internal mic but everytime i plug in my headset, it wont let me use my internal mic. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-use-my-laptops-mic-instead-of-my/4dfadd02-505f-48d7-9526-4068299810ce
  3. I want to use my laptops mic instead of my headsets mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to use my laptops mic instead of my headsets mic: I want to use my laptops internal mic but everytime i plug in my headset, it wont let me use my internal mic. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-use-my-laptops-mic-instead-of-my/4dfadd02-505f-48d7-9526-4068299810ce
  4. How do i make my headset mic work instead of my webcam mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i make my headset mic work instead of my webcam mic: My headset has a mic and i tried to enable it but it says its not connected, now its stuck on using my webcam mic and i cant change it, it always says headset not plugged in, but i can hear sound from it, it just wont let me use the mic, is there a way to fix this?...
  5. How do i make my headset mic work instead of my webcam mic

How do i make my headset mic work instead of my webcam mic: My headset has a mic and i tried to enable it but it says its not connected, now its stuck on using my webcam mic and i cant change it, it always says headset not plugged in, but i can hear sound from it, it just wont let me use the mic, is there a way to fix this?...
  6. My camera microphone is detected instead of my headset mic.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My camera microphone is detected instead of my headset mic.: So I recently got a new monitor, so I had to plug everything in. The camera I got with it apparently had a microphone and it set itself as my default microphone device. My headset mic isn't getting detected and I can only speak when my camera is connected to my monitor. I...
  7. My camera microphone is detected instead of my headset mic.

My camera microphone is detected instead of my headset mic.: So I recently got a new monitor, so I had to plug everything in. The camera I got with it apparently had a microphone and it set itself as my default microphone device. My headset mic isn't getting detected and I can only speak when my camera is connected to my monitor. I...
  8. Why is my game audio going through my mic instead of my voice I plug my headset with mic...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my game audio going through my mic instead of my voice I plug my headset with mic...: Why is my game audio going through my mic instead of my voice I plug my headset with mic with a line in and it says not plugged in but it works on other devices submitted by /u/kaplansekerci_ [link] [comments]...
  9. Headset mic not showing up in recording devices

Headset mic not showing up in recording devices: I am using realtek I have a hp 8100 compact elite small form factor I have plugged my turtle beach 70p recon headset into my pcs headset port It pops up on realtek but it only gives the option to pick headphones line in or mic I have checked sound and looked for...
  10. How do I get my Headset Mic to work Instead of my Laptop Mic?

How do I get my Headset Mic to work Instead of my Laptop Mic?: I have an Astro A10 and I when I plug it into the jack, I can hear sound In the headphones, however my computer mic is what records sounds when I am talking. I want to use my headset mic, not my PC mic. Any help?...