Windows 10: How do I set my download drive default to D:?

Discus and support How do I set my download drive default to D:? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My PC is running Windows 10 Pro and has two drives, C: and D:. When I try to change the download location to drive D: it says I do not have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by scarycici, Mar 15, 2021.

1. scarycici Win User

How do I set my download drive default to D:?

My PC is running Windows 10 Pro and has two drives, C: and D:. When I try to change the download location to drive D: it says I do not have the permission to do that.

:)

scarycici, Mar 15, 2021

2. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Xia- Win User
    How do I set my download drive default to D: ?

My PC is running Windows 10 and has 2 logical drives, C: and D:

Thank you.

4. How do I set my download drive default to D:?

D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I set my download drive default to D:? - Similar Threads - set download drive

2. How do I set the default to save on my computer and not to one drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I set the default to save on my computer and not to one drive?: I got one drive to auto back-up my computer files. I realized that most of the time it comes up as the default to save my files to. The issue is if I do that I don't have my files when I'm traveling and cant connect. That wasn't the idea. I just want to save them to my PC and...
  3. How to Change D: drive to default drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Change D: drive to default drive.: I recently bought pc i need for my job and hobbies. It has very small C: drive and additional drive that has 2TB storage I was loading and installing all my apps needed and the pc started to complain about the low storage, i tried to get the new apps to the D: drive but i...
  4. Nothing Downloads to set default Drive.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nothing Downloads to set default Drive.: I've gone and set my the default download drive to my D drive. But when ever I go to download anything it still defaults to my C drive. How do I fix this....
  5. How do I Restore Default my Download Drive from D: to C:

How do I Restore Default my Download Drive from D: to C:: I can't restore default it because of the D:\System Volume Information.. please help me to bring it back to C drive thankyou! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-default-my-download-drive-from-d/2647dbaf-b4b5-4796-bddd-a53c43e323ab
  6. How can I change my Default Drive for Downloads from C to my internal D?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I change my Default Drive for Downloads from C to my internal D?: I want to download Nvidia Control Panel, but my C Drive is too full and I want to download it on my internal D, but I cannot figure out how to make it download to my D. It automatically selects my C drive and I don't know how to tell it to download to my D. Can someone please...
  7. I am unable to set my default drive to my d drive.

I am unable to set my default drive to my d drive.: I am unable to set my default drive to my d drive. I want to do this because currently my C drive is nearly full and I want everything that i download go to my D drive. Could you please help me?...
  8. Set apps to download to D Drive.

Set apps to download to D Drive.: Hello, I am trying to change my default download location for apps to the D Drive on my Windows 10 computer. Everything else has been able to set the new drive as an acceptable location, but the when i hit apply for the apps, it just tells me "We couldn't set your default...
  9. How do I set a default

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I set a default: I want to set Libre office but it keeps going back to WPS, how can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-a-default/e3bb7e07-68e1-4200-b460-cf2e1d39fbd1
  10. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

in Browsers and Email
    How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads: Can any one advise me how I can set Microsoft EDGE that is in Windows 10 to by default download to D:\Downloads? Walter 58142