Windows 10: How do I set my NVIDIA graphics card as my system default?

Discus and support How do I set my NVIDIA graphics card as my system default? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently, I've been having issues with game play performance and whether or not my games are using my dedicated GPU instead of my integrated GPU. I now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Manthor, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Manthor Win User

How do I set my NVIDIA graphics card as my system default?

Recently, I've been having issues with game play performance and whether or not my games are using my dedicated GPU instead of my integrated GPU. I now believe most of my games are using my integrated GPU instead of my dedicated one.
    How do I set my NVIDIA graphics card as my system default? da19ec23-3b40-421e-9f32-6ace29d612d1?upload=true.png
    I want to set my NVIDIA GPU as the system default, but I'm unsure on how to do that. The only option I see people telling is 'go through NVIDIA control panel,' but that's simply not an option as the control panel does not give me the option to set my preferred GPU. You can see that here:

How do I set my NVIDIA graphics card as my system default? 26f75290-97c2-45ab-b6c9-7280bfedae43?upload=true.png Is there another way to manually set my GPU as the system default? Warm regards,

Manthor

:)

Manthor, Jan 2, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Graphic card nvidia

Hi Alingy

By default if you have on-board graphics and a dedicated Graphics card, Windows will use the on-board graphics until you perform some intensive graphics task, at that point it should automatically switch over . .

Things were better when Nividia allowed us to turn off the on-board graphics with Optimus, sadly that option is no longer available to us . .

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to System - Display - at the bottom, click Graphics Settings

On that page, you can add to the list of apps that should just use the Nvidia graphics card . . .

DaveM121, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Nvidia Graphics Card

Hello Brian,

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jan 2, 2020
  4. viratarya Win User

nvidia graphic card probleum

I have Samsung laptop in built NVidia graphic card /did graphic card give some problem after some time ? and if I want to buy laptop which 1 u guys suggest mostly gameing perpose

viratarya, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I set my NVIDIA graphics card as my system default? - Similar Threads - set NVIDIA graphics

2. Setting Nvidia Graphics Card as the Default Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Nvidia Graphics Card as the Default Card: My laptop computer MSI GF76 Katana 11UCX-892XRU has an integrated Intel graphics card and the Geforce 2050 RTX card. But when I go to Settings > System > Display > Advanced display, the Intel card is shown as the default graphics card even though the driver for Geforce is...
  3. Setting Nvidia Graphics Card as the Default Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Nvidia Graphics Card as the Default Card: My laptop computer MSI GF76 Katana 11UCX-892XRU has an integrated Intel graphics card and the Geforce 2050 RTX card. But when I go to Settings > System > Display > Advanced display, the Intel card is shown as the default graphics card even though the driver for Geforce is...
  4. HI. How do i make my NVIDIA 3060 graphics card my default for everything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HI. How do i make my NVIDIA 3060 graphics card my default for everything?: I have a 144hz monitor but im only able to get 60 hz out of it cause it is connected to my intelR 770 UHD. I want to instead connect it to my NIVIDIA 3060.This is cause i should be able to run minecraft on 200+ fps easily but i am only able to run 80-110. Following this up,...
  5. HI. How do i make my NVIDIA 3060 graphics card my default for everything?

HI. How do i make my NVIDIA 3060 graphics card my default for everything?: I have a 144hz monitor but im only able to get 60 hz out of it cause it is connected to my intelR 770 UHD. I want to instead connect it to my NIVIDIA 3060.This is cause i should be able to run minecraft on 200+ fps easily but i am only able to run 80-110. Following this up,...
  6. How do I solve a Code 45 error with my Nvidia graphics card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I solve a Code 45 error with my Nvidia graphics card?: An ongoing issue I've had for the past month or so on my laptop is that - when I have GPU Power Saving set to "optimised" - the system acts as if I do not have a graphics card at all as soon as I unplug my laptop and it switches to battery power. I've reinstalled NVIDIA's...
  7. How do I solve a Code 45 error with my Nvidia graphics card?

How do I solve a Code 45 error with my Nvidia graphics card?: An ongoing issue I've had for the past month or so on my laptop is that - when I have GPU Power Saving set to "optimised" - the system acts as if I do not have a graphics card at all as soon as I unplug my laptop and it switches to battery power. I've reinstalled NVIDIA's...
  8. What NVIDIA graphics cards are supported/recommended for my system?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What NVIDIA graphics cards are supported/recommended for my system?: I have an HP Omen 30l GT-13-0024 and it has been having graphics card problems. I plan to replace the current NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB with something else.My specifications are:Moria3 MotherboardAMD Ryzen 7 3700XTwo 8 GB RAM sticks HyperX XMP RGB 8 GBI have a PSU power...
  9. How do I select nvidia graphics card instead of amd integrated graphics card

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I select nvidia graphics card instead of amd integrated graphics card: when i went to display settings to set 144hz refresh rate, it only let me choose from two options; 60hz, 40hz. My internal display was connected to my integrated amd graphics card instead of my dedicated gtx 1650, thus not allowing 144hz refresh rate on my monitor, how do i...
  10. Nvidia graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia graphics card: Hello! I have a pc with a Gigabyte A320M-S2H motherboard AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Vega 8 graphics. I have purchased a Nvidia GTX1050TI graphics card. When I first installed the graphics card and powered up the screen was 800 x 600. I inserted the driver disk that came with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. primary graphic crad

2. how do set nvidia