Windows 10: How do I set my range extender as the default Network connection?

Discus and support How do I set my range extender as the default Network connection? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a TP-Link range extender that I use with my laptop in my living room. I have "Connect automatically when this network is in range" checked in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CharlesI, Mar 31, 2021.

1. CharlesI Win User

How do I set my range extender as the default Network connection?

I have a TP-Link range extender that I use with my laptop in my living room.

I have "Connect automatically when this network is in range" checked in "Wireless Network Properties".

I have also tried setting the "Interface Metric" to 1 and the WiFi "Interface Metric" to 2 as outlined in this article. How to change the priority order of network adapters on Windows 10 | Windows Central

However, my laptop still chooses the WiFi connection that is the not the extender by default.

How do I set my range extender as the default Network connection on Windows 10?

:)

CharlesI, Mar 31, 2021

2. D-Link Adds 11AC Connectivity to Line of Wi-Fi Range Extenders

Eliminating Wi-Fi dead zones and broadening the range of a wireless network, D-Link today announced its latest Wireless AC1200 Dual Band Gigabit Range Extender (DAP-1650) and Wireless AC750 Dual Band Range Extender (DAP-1520). Both extenders offer the latest 11AC Wi-Fi technology and deliver wireless signals to those hard-to-reach areas for seamless video streaming, online gaming and other everyday Internet activities.

For added flexibility, both extenders are backwards compatible, enabling users to extend the reach of their existing 11N as well as 11AC Wi-Fi networks. The new extenders also allow users to add 5GHz connectivity to a single band network with the push of a button.

How do I set my range extender as the default Network connection? D-Link_DAP-1520_01_thm.jpg

"As more mobile devices and connected devices come into the home, the amount of time spent online as well as the need for stronger wireless signals continues to surge," said Daniel Kelley, vice president of marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. "D-Link's latest range extenders offer 11AC speeds and are backwards compatible, allowing users to keep their current Wi-Fi standard without having to upgrade right away. Both provide a quick, easy and secure boost to your current network, enabling you to use a range of mobile devices and even add dual band connectivity to an existing home network."

The DAP-1650 and DAP-1520 deliver AC1200 (N300 + AC867Mbps) and AC750 (N300 + AC433Mbps) wireless speeds, respectively. Serving as a cost-effective, fast performance media bridge, the DAP-1650 is equipped with four Gigabit Ethernet ports for reliable wired connectivity ideal for media centers, game rooms and home offices. For reduced interference, both the DAP-1650 and DAP-1520 offer dual band connectivity, effectively turning a single router into a dual band solution. Both range extenders feature an enhanced user interface for advanced configuration settings and one-touch configuration. Simply push the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button on the range extender and then on the router or access point you want to extend, and the range extender will automatically configure itself.

More About the Wireless Range Extenders
    • Wi-Fi Protected Setup - Push button for easy connection to a wireless network
    • Flexibility - Compatible with any wireless router brand
    • Wireless AC - High-speed wireless connectivity to devices
    • Dual Band Connectivity - Unique D-Link feature utilizes 2.4 GHz band to communicate with the existing router while broadcasting both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz signals to connected client devices
    • Backward Compatible - Wireless 802.11n/g/b/a backward compatibility
    • Secure Wireless Encryption - Offers WPA or WPA2 security
    Availability and Pricing
    D-Link's Wi-Fi AC1200 Dual Band Gigabit Range Extender (DAP-1650) and Wi-Fi AC750 Dual Band Range Extender (DAP-1520) will be displayed at the 2014 International CES, Jan. 7-10 in Las Vegas. Both range extenders will be available throughout D-Link's vast network of retail and e-tail outlets in the United States. Detailed specifications and information are available online at www.dlink.com/dap-1650 and www.dlink.com/dap-1520 and availability and retail pricing is as follows:
    • Wi-Fi AC1200 Dual Band Gigabit Range Extender (DAP-1650) - available in February for $89.99
    • Wi-Fi AC750 Dual Band Range Extender (DAP-1520) - available in February for $59.99

Cristian_25H, Mar 31, 2021
  3. TWCL Win User
    RANGE EXTENDER CONNECT

NEED HELP TO CONNECT WIFI TO RANGE EXTENDER

4. How do I set my range extender as the default Network connection?

Wifi network on range extender not working

hi. I bought a TP Link range extender and it works fine with my apple products and my Samsung tablet but not my computer. Basiaclly it wont connect although its fine with just the hime router. Suggestions anyone? Thank you

greengirl1888, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

How do I set my range extender as the default Network connection?

1. How do I set my range extender as the default Network connection? - Similar Threads - set range extender

2. How do I set my range extender as the default Network connection?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I set my range extender as the default Network connection?: I have a TP-Link range extender that I use with my laptop in my living room. I have "Connect automatically when this network is in range" checked in "Wireless Network Properties". I have also tried setting the "Interface Metric" to 1 and the WiFi "Interface Metric" to 2...
  3. RANGE EXTENDER CONNECT

RANGE EXTENDER CONNECT: NEED HELP TO CONNECT WIFI TO RANGE EXTENDER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/range-extender-connect/c60932bd-359e-4c9e-8fe9-121b2b586916
  4. Wifi network connection range problem

Wifi network connection range problem: My laptop was working just fine till yesterday. Suddenly, I lost the connectivity to my wifi from my office desk in my room and had to come and sit near the router in order to get the connectivity back. The connection weakens with every step I move away from the router and...
  5. Range Extender

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Range Extender: How do I connect a tp-link wifi range extender to my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/range-extender/ecdd9823-8486-4b89-9795-c2f9d50287ff
  6. wireless range extender

wireless range extender: was trying to put in a wi fi 4 extender. put in the wrong password. now i cannot connect. how do i completely get rid of it and start over. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-range-extender/757037cb-f493-4175-8177-7c12b8c1d06a
  7. Alexsixs WiFi Range Extender Network not available on my PCs

Alexsixs WiFi Range Extender Network not available on my PCs: I just set up the Alexsixs WiFi Range Extender to boost the signal strength of my Router for the four each Windows 10 PCs and Smartphones being used at my home with WiFi. The boosted signal gets invariably picked up by all mobile phones and by the Amazon Fire TV Stick. But my...
  8. How do I set a default

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I set a default: I want to set Libre office but it keeps going back to WPS, how can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-a-default/e3bb7e07-68e1-4200-b460-cf2e1d39fbd1
  9. Extending two wi-fi Networks simultaneously with one Range Extender

Extending two wi-fi Networks simultaneously with one Range Extender: I have two network connections at home. I have extended one using TP-LINK Extender. But I want to extend both simultaneously using only one extender. I just want to know if such an extender is being marketed. Best and regards, Amarnath Wanchoo 56415
  10. How extend range of wi-fi

How extend range of wi-fi: I'd like to know what the options are to extend my wi-fi signal range. I have extra routers if that help and I'm hoping to not spend a lot of money. Thank you. 98411