Windows 10: How do i set my Windows 10 Drive as primary?

Discus and support How do i set my Windows 10 Drive as primary? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, i really didnt get this line "Once that is done and booting up, then you can use MiniTool Partition Wizard Free to remove the T: drive letter -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Diggs, Dec 23, 2015.

1. NavyLCDR New Member

How do i set my Windows 10 Drive as primary?

It really is a matter of personal preference. You don't need a drive letter assigned to the active partition used for booting only. You can keep the drive letter assigned to it if you want to, or change the drive letter to "none".

NavyLCDR, Dec 25, 2015
  2. WHS
    whs Win User
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Assuming you have Minitool Partition Wizard & Easy BCD installed.
    Here's a short Video on how to:
    NOTE: Since I am doing this on a test HD, not my real OS drive, Windows won't ask to reboot to perform the action. In your case, you might be asked to reboot and it's normal.
    [youtube]C5Pv2EmQ12w[/youtube]

topgundcp, Dec 25, 2015
  4. Diggs Win User

Hey guys! the problem's solved.!
    thanx a lot for bothering...
    you guys rock!!! Love y'all

Diggs, Dec 25, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    C: drive is a logical partition. You can't boot from a logical partition.

Glad you got it worked out, Diggs, which solution worked for you so that others can benefit from your solution?

NavyLCDR, Dec 25, 2015
  6. Diggs Win User
    Umm, your's did...
    Well, i used Minitool Partition Wizard and EasyBCD, and now my Disk Managment windows looks something like this:

How do i set my Windows 10 Drive as primary? [​IMG]

I converted Partition C: from logical to primary using minitool partition, and then, using easy bcd, i changed boot drive from windows 7 partition to C:, and set it 'active' using cmd.

Diggs, Dec 25, 2015
  7. WHS
    whs Win User
    Of course not - but once you copy the bootmgr, it won't be a logical partition any more. That's part of the deal. Suggest next time you do your homework before posting.

Thema:

1. How do i set my Windows 10 Drive as primary? - Similar Threads - set Drive primary

2. how do i change the primary drive C: Disc to another drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i change the primary drive C: Disc to another drive?: i have a hp elite x2 laptop and i recently switched this laptop into windows 11 and made a new drive but i accidentally made the primary drive have less space so i'm wondering how i can do it. I would appreciate if anyone would tell because i am new to laptops....
  3. How do I set my second SSD as my primary boot drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set my second SSD as my primary boot drive?: My OS SSD is failing SMART failure according to startup error. Thus I have installed a second SSD on my Asus F15 laptop. I used AOMEI Backupper to clone my OS SSD to the new SSD, and was successful in cloning and unlocking the new SSD. However, the cloned SSD will not show up...
  4. How do I set my second SSD as my primary boot drive?

How do I set my second SSD as my primary boot drive?: My OS SSD is failing SMART failure according to startup error. Thus I have installed a second SSD on my Asus F15 laptop. I used AOMEI Backupper to clone my OS SSD to the new SSD, and was successful in cloning and unlocking the new SSD. However, the cloned SSD will not show up...
  5. Corrupted primary HD with Windows 10. Want to replace primary drive, how do I without...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Corrupted primary HD with Windows 10. Want to replace primary drive, how do I without...: Hi thereAs title states, currently running Windows 10 OS. Product key = Retail channelThis drive is on it's last legs and I want to swap this 500gb SSD for a new 2TB M2. How would I go about reinstalling windows like this? I don't have access to the original key as it's been...
  6. Corrupted primary HD with Windows 10. Want to replace primary drive, how do I without...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted primary HD with Windows 10. Want to replace primary drive, how do I without...: Hi thereAs title states, currently running Windows 10 OS. Product key = Retail channelThis drive is on it's last legs and I want to swap this 500gb SSD for a new 2TB M2. How would I go about reinstalling windows like this? I don't have access to the original key as it's been...
  7. Corrupted primary HD with Windows 10. Want to replace primary drive, how do I without...

8. Is it possible to Set my D drive as Primary?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to Set my D drive as Primary?: Hello - After installing a new HDD, I find things might work better for me if I can make my D:\ partition the primary, rather than using the C:\ partition? How can I do that if it's possible?TIA...
  9. Is it possible to Set my D drive as Primary?

Is it possible to Set my D drive as Primary?: Hello - After installing a new HDD, I find things might work better for me if I can make my D:\ partition the primary, rather than using the C:\ partition? How can I do that if it's possible?TIA...
  10. Is it possible to Set my D drive as Primary?

in Windows 10 Customization