Windows 10: How do I set Outlook365 as default app to open links to e-mail addresses in documents and...

Discus and support How do I set Outlook365 as default app to open links to e-mail addresses in documents and... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have recently switched to windows 11 and I have an issue with opening e-mails when clicking on an e-mail link in a webpage or in a document.I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TommyRogers1954, Feb 20, 2024.

1. How do I set Outlook365 as default app to open links to e-mail addresses in documents and...

I have recently switched to windows 11 and I have an issue with opening e-mails when clicking on an e-mail link in a webpage or in a document.I cannot seem to find how to set my Outlook desktop app Outlook 365 as the default. It only opens outlook on the web

:)

TommyRogers1954, Feb 20, 2024

2. Can I transfer e-mail addresses from a Windows document into my e-mail library

can I transfer a list of e-mail addresses that I have in a document in Documents over to my e-mail program ?

BarryJones_234, Feb 20, 2024
  3. Mail refuses to establish itself as default app

I ran this little test a moment ago on my Windows 10 machine:

• I closed Outlook.
    • I Set the default mail application to "Mail" via the Control Panel / Default Programs.
    • I opened MS Word.
    • I clicked Insert / Hyperlink / E-Mail Address and typed my own E-Mail address in order to insert it into the document.
    • I held down the Ctrl key as instructed and clicked the inserted E-Mail address.
    This last action launched Mail (not Outlook) and it created an E-Mail to myself.

Frederik Long, Feb 20, 2024
  4. Brink Win User

How do I set Outlook365 as default app to open links to e-mail addresses in documents and...

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How do I set Outlook365 as default app to open links to e-mail addresses in documents and... :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 20, 2024
Thema:

How do I set Outlook365 as default app to open links to e-mail addresses in documents and...

1. How do I set Outlook365 as default app to open links to e-mail addresses in documents and... - Similar Threads - set Outlook365 default

2. How do I set Outlook365 as default app to open links to e-mail addresses in documents and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set Outlook365 as default app to open links to e-mail addresses in documents and...: I have recently switched to windows 11 and I have an issue with opening e-mails when clicking on an e-mail link in a webpage or in a document.I cannot seem to find how to set my Outlook desktop app Outlook 365 as the default. It only opens outlook on the web...
  3. Outlook365 - how to download address book and open it

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook365 - how to download address book and open it: W10 - OutlookO365 - I click download - but there is no pop-up and if the address book downs - i do not know where and the format? Can anyone help. Thanks a million. Russ 181045
  4. How do I change default e-mail client / e-mail address when sharing newspaper articles?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change default e-mail client / e-mail address when sharing newspaper articles?: I am trying to transition the default e-mail client / e-mail address that I use to try to share articles with friends and family from various newspapers. It seems that they all default to my hotmail address and client and don't seem to offer settings to change this within...
  5. e-mail address

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    e-mail address: How do I change the e-mail address of a family member? Moved from: Outlook.com Email Managing email folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-address/5ec32c45-2254-4be6-add2-d6ff8aff3cda
  6. E mail address change windows settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    E mail address change windows settings: Hi, Been a while since last here, but I have a question. I have just upgraded to Windows 10 2004, and I see on my setting page my avatar and E mail address. Is there any way to change this address, I have tried changing Microsoft Account primary address but this did not...
  7. Windows Administrator account linked with an e-mail address with no access. How do I change...

Windows Administrator account linked with an e-mail address with no access. How do I change...: The administrator account was linked to an e-mail account of an employee when she logged in. Can I change the e-mail account without deleting the Administrator profile? The person is no longer an employee and is not available for mutual help.[ATTACH]...
  8. How do I scan a document and E-Mail it as an attachment

How do I scan a document and E-Mail it as an attachment: I need help with a scanned document that I need to E-Mail but I don't know how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-scan-a-document-and-e-mail-it-as-an/83fcb1ee-cf9b-419f-9afc-94677fe743db
  9. How do I scan a document and E-Mail it as an attachment

How do I scan a document and E-Mail it as an attachment: How do I scan a document and E-Mail it as an attachment? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-scan-a-document-and-e-mail-it-as-an/fdf10f3a-d151-435e-a7b3-cbe209e89ab1
  10. e-mail address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    e-mail address: Someone is using my e-mail address but with outlook.com rather than hotmail.com, which I use. That person is claiming that they are getting my mail and telling me to change e-mail address, which I don't want to do. Help!!...