Windows 10: How do I set System Time from an application running in Windows10

Discus and support How do I set System Time from an application running in Windows10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am running an industrial user interface in "Siemens WinCC" on a PC with Windows 10. It communicates with a PLC to display data and handle user... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jake104E, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Jake104E Win User

How do I set System Time from an application running in Windows10

I am running an industrial user interface in "Siemens WinCC" on a PC with Windows 10.

It communicates with a PLC to display data and handle user input.
    The PLC has a time. This is considered the correct time, and I want the PC to have the same time.

In Windows 7, I could set the time from my WinCC application with this rather advanced programming I found on the Web... - if I had set the security level to "low" in the UAC User Account Control:

Set objWMI = GetObject"winmgmts:{SystemTime}!\\.\root\cimv2"

strWQL = "select * from Win32_OperatingSystem"

Set objInstances = objWMI.ExecQuerystrWQL,,48

For Each objInstance In objInstances
    TimeZone = objInstance.CurrentTimeZone
    PLCTime = "20" & lead_charYY,2,"0" & lead_charMM,2,"0" &lead_charDD,2,"0" &lead_charHH,2,"0" &lead_charMI,2,"0" &lead_charSS,2,"0" & ".000000+" & lead_charCStrTimeZone,3,"0"

intResult = objInstance.SetDateTimePLCTime
    Next

Here I locate a special object and set the time with a special string.

In a different system, I can use the much simpler VBA-command:

time = TimeSerialHH, MI, SS

Anyway - this does not work in Windows10. There is no permission to do this.

How do I get permission to have a program set the time?

I have tried adding the user to "Change the system time" in the secpol.msc - but it still doesn't work.

Please help.

:)

Jake104E, Nov 12, 2020

2. The operating system is not presently configured to run this application.

Error message: The operating system is not presently configured to run this application

Even after doing all the above steps still my problem is not resolved. Please suggest some solution.

http://www.itsmetutor.com/

ItsmeAbinav, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Night Light settings not switching off at the right time.

Hi Steve,

Settings may not work if there are broken system files or if there are applications causing software conflicts. To isolate this issue, please answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the System File Checker. This is a tool in Windows which allows users to scan the system for corruptions in the system files. Please follow the steps found on this

article
    to do so.

We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Nov 12, 2020
  4. How do I set System Time from an application running in Windows10

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID (windows 10)

Hi,

Thank you for the update and I apologize for the delay in response.

It must be difficult when things do not work as expected.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to check whether the applications are compatible or not from the manufactures website. If these applications are compatible, I suggest you to run the application in compatible mode and check if it helps to
    resolve the issue.

Please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Please reply to us with the required information. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

How do I set System Time from an application running in Windows10

1. How do I set System Time from an application running in Windows10 - Similar Threads - set System application

2. How do I move the background running application icon to a system tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I move the background running application icon to a system tray: How do I move these icons to a system tray or just a simple tray where there is a arrow to see all these icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-the-background-running-application/ba0e0585-435b-4647-a5f5-eb50a6c208b9
  3. Do I need Vulkan Run Times Libraries? Windows10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I need Vulkan Run Times Libraries? Windows10: I've just been checking something in my Control Panel & I noticed these two Apps: Vulkan Run Time Libraries 1.0.33.0 publisher LunarG, Inc & Vulkan Run Time Libraries 1.0.54.1 publisher Intel According to Bing: "Vulkan Run Time Libraries is a new graphic standard provided...
  4. How do I delete windows10?

How do I delete windows10?: How do I delete Windows 10 from my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-windows10/73da0e08-3d5c-44cc-901d-fed534df9912
  5. How do I control two applications in the same time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I control two applications in the same time?: I want to use two different input types at the same time. (Controller and Keyboard & mouse) So I opened two instances of a game like Roblox and realized that I couldn't control both of the applications I could only control on 1 instance of Roblox at a time. submitted by...
  6. system time setting

system time setting: Why is difference between the UTC & UTC+0 time exactly 1 hour? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-time-setting/66c32ee1-3757-41e1-9054-9287ada36f53
  7. unable to run sysprep on windows10 systems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to run sysprep on windows10 systems: unable to run sysprep on windows 10 systems. error message attached[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-run-sysprep-on-windows10-systems/7d42dac6-0dfd-4928-8cfd-b875282c22cb
  8. How to run a 16-bit application on Windows10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to run a 16-bit application on Windows10: Hello, I would like to install a 16-bit application on Windows10 (64-bit version) Thank you for advice. Agnes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-to-run-a-16-bit-application-on-windows10/25c08c19-398d-4155-b484-cf83473f2525
  9. How do I set the priority of an application?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I set the priority of an application?: I'm using Windows 10 for a machine tool control application. I need several exe files to have top priority. Is there a way to set this in Windows 10? Thanks, Andy*Nerd 58555
  10. How do I hide a running application's system tray icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I hide a running application's system tray icons?: You know the system tray icons right? The little menu that opens up when you click the little arrow in the taskbar? It shows all the currently running applications, but I was wondering if it was possible to have the icon not show in the menu even if the program is still...