Windows 10: How do I set the correct permissions for a 3rd-party installer?

Discus and support How do I set the correct permissions for a 3rd-party installer? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, What username and permission should I use for a 3rd-party installer? I am getting this error: "The file 'C:\reg.bat' could not be opened.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by williamj78, Oct 17, 2019.

1. How do I set the correct permissions for a 3rd-party installer?

Hello,

What username and permission should I use for a 3rd-party installer?

I am getting this error:

"The file 'C:\reg.bat' could not be opened. Please check that your disk is not full and that you have access to the destination directory. A required privilege is not held by the client"

Thanks.

:)

williamj78, Oct 17, 2019

2. Install 3rd Party Software

I attempted to install 3rd party software (IObit Uninstaller) by double-clicking on the downloaded .exe file in my Download folder. I received the following Windows 10 message window:

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the items."

Even though it is 3rd party software, it sounds like a Windows problem. I have never run into this before. What does it mean and is there a solution?

Best, DonB

DONALD BARTEL, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Windows Mail and 3rd party messages

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• May I know what exactly do you mean when you say "download messages from 3rd party into Windows Mail"?
    • Are you referring to Mail app on Windows 10? If so, are you able to receive any send email via Mail app?

If you are facing issues with Mail app, I suggest
    run the in-built Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

Yaqub K, Oct 17, 2019
  4. How do I set the correct permissions for a 3rd-party installer?

Installing 3rd party font on Windows 10 (64)

Right clicking a downloaded 3rd party font does not elicit any dialogue or drop down menu items for installing the font.

What the correct sequence of human actions to install a 3rd party font?

Wayne_Allen Jones, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

How do I set the correct permissions for a 3rd-party installer?

1. How do I set the correct permissions for a 3rd-party installer? - Similar Threads - set correct permissions

2. Can not install 3rd party program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not install 3rd party program: Running Windows 11 Single home user. Can not install any 3rd party program. Can simply not verify the installation start. There is no option available to put in the information. Can not see the ability to allow 3rd party programs at all. I simply can not change anything that...
  3. Can not install 3rd party program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not install 3rd party program: Running Windows 11 Single home user. Can not install any 3rd party program. Can simply not verify the installation start. There is no option available to put in the information. Can not see the ability to allow 3rd party programs at all. I simply can not change anything that...
  4. Linking 3rd parties.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linking 3rd parties.: What information about my account can 3rd parties access through microsoft.com/link? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linking-3rd-parties/ee4f17fc-c10c-4f15-a551-aacaa88809b0
  5. Linking 3rd parties.

Linking 3rd parties.: What information about my account can 3rd parties access through microsoft.com/link? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linking-3rd-parties/ee4f17fc-c10c-4f15-a551-aacaa88809b0
  6. create backup of Win10 installation with 3rd party apps and settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    create backup of Win10 installation with 3rd party apps and settings: Hi guys, i'm looking for the best way to create an easy image of the installation of windows after i set up all my necessary apps, so if something crashes badly, i dont have to reinstall everything. I remember back in the day i was using some DOS app called EZ drive or...
  7. Install 3rd Party Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install 3rd Party Software: I attempted to install 3rd party software (IObit Uninstaller) by double-clicking on the downloaded .exe file in my Download folder. I received the following Windows 10 message window: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the...
  8. 3rd party utilities

in Windows 10 Customization
    3rd party utilities: A ms phone tech once told me to not use any 3rd party utilities such as ccleaner (and there are many others) and just rely on Windows to take care of everything. Before he told me this, I had used ccleaner and it seemed to clean a lot of stuff. Frankly I never noticed a...
  9. How do I reinstall OneDrive after 3rd party uninstall

How do I reinstall OneDrive after 3rd party uninstall: So, I thought that something was wrong with OneDrive, as after an update it started presenting tons of different errors in files that were being synced. Come to find out it was using a different method(?) of syncing that I could have disabled. Unfortunately I didn't come...
  10. 3rd Party Software - Self Installation

3rd Party Software - Self Installation: Hi, yesterday the 8th I noticed a very peculiar issue that has only just started. It seems that at startup Windows is reinstalling 3rd party software that is already currently installed and has been for some time. I only noticed this because for some reason while...