Windows 10: how do I set the default ''MAILTO:'' target to gmail in windows 10 already searched

Discus and support how do I set the default ''MAILTO:'' target to gmail in windows 10 already searched in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have already looked for this, and everything I've found suggests the same steps found here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AdamEvanovich2, Feb 14, 2020.

1. how do I set the default ''MAILTO:'' target to gmail in windows 10 already searched

I have already looked for this, and everything I've found suggests the same steps found here:

https://fnu.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ar...n-email-links-to-open-in-Gmail-in-Windows-10-

this does not work for me, because when I click on a ''MAILTO:'' link, it simply opens a new chrome window and does not go to gmail even if the gmail account is logged into on another chrome tag. what am I going wrong here guys?

in previous versions of windows, on the following screen, the GMAIL ICON would actually appear in the list! now it does not. any reason for that as well? thanks!

how do I set the default ''MAILTO:'' target to gmail in windows 10  already searched ea8af6a2-f069-4df6-94f6-555ed4b33080?upload=true.jpg

:)

AdamEvanovich2, Feb 14, 2020
  2. linw Win User

Set Mailto default to Gmail in Chrome

I've googled and searched tenforums and found descriptions of how to do this but nothing seems to work.

I have added the mailto Handler in Chrome settings and it shows mail.google.com.

I have set the Mail default app to Chrome.

I have set the default Mailto protocol to point to Chrome.

I have tried adding an extension called 'Mailto' to Chrome.

And still when I Send to the Mail Recipient with a rt click I get an error message saying there is no email program associated to perform the requested action.

Has anyone got this working?

(Picasa has no problem popping up a gmail compose window when told to send a pic to email.
    I eventually want my scanner to be able to scan to email).

3. cweedon Win User
    Set Firefox/gmail as my default mail client

Clicking on an mailto link in Excel or Word no longer brings me to Firefox and gmail. I have Windows 10. My default browser is set to Firefox. Website hyperlinks in Excel or Word work fine, taking me to Firefox. Within Firefox the mailto is set to gmail and this works if I am in Firefox.
    Under Windows/Control panel/Default apps/email Firefox is not listed as an option.
    Any ideas?

cweedon, Feb 14, 2020
  4. ineuw Win User

how do I set the default ''MAILTO:'' target to gmail in windows 10 already searched

[SOLVED] Info on setting up Gmail as the default using Firefox?

Thanks for the reply, but in about:config there are 6 settings that deal with mailto https:// links, out of 11 that mentions mailto. Four of the settings are set to: ''chrome://browser-region/locale/region.properties''
    As for the linked Firefox support article, it is not detailed enough. Wish the volunteer who wrote it, would have tried his own instructions and provided more detail.

I've been at the list of mail defaults and noticed that I have an Outlook account with my gmail address and it is not removable. Then, there is a "Google" (not gMail) option, which asks for my gmail password and the Google mail server settings. To me, this means that they want to me use Outlook as the front end.

I am not comfortable to give MS my password and also dislike Outlook. (aka MS Goulash).

P.S: Gmail has always been my Firefox email preference.

- - - Updated - - -

Did this as well and rebooted. Windows Default programs for Mail lists: Windows 10, Vivaldi, and Look for an app in the MS store. Firefox or Gmail do not exist
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-84d18a02dc18

ineuw, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

how do I set the default ''MAILTO:'' target to gmail in windows 10 already searched

1. how do I set the default ''MAILTO:'' target to gmail in windows 10 already searched - Similar Threads - set default ''MAILTO

2. How do i set mailto links to be copied to clipboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i set mailto links to be copied to clipboard?: I have tested multiple extensions on both Edge and Chrome, but nothing seems to work for me. The email addresses I need to copy is in some sort of modal window, and none of the extensions won't work. I deal with numerous email addresses daily, and I am tired of having to...
  3. How do i set mailto links to be copied to clipboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i set mailto links to be copied to clipboard?: I have tested multiple extensions on both Edge and Chrome, but nothing seems to work for me. The email addresses I need to copy is in some sort of modal window, and none of the extensions won't work. I deal with numerous email addresses daily, and I am tired of having to...
  4. How change default MailTo: to an app not listed?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How change default MailTo: to an app not listed?: I use an application by the name of Outlook Express Classic which is very much like the Outlook Express program that was discontinued by Microsoft. I want this to be my only email client program. I was able to make it my default App for eml files, but I am unable to make it...
  5. How do I make Gmail my default email in Windows 10

How do I make Gmail my default email in Windows 10: How do I make Gmail my default email program in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-gmail-my-default-email-in-windows-10/c401d3e1-d9f5-4bd5-bde4-43bccabc4882
  6. How do I install Gmail as default mail?

How do I install Gmail as default mail?: Hi people. How do I install Gmail as default mail? I have a notebook HP model Envy running Windows 10 and I wish to use Gmail as my favorite email server. ¿What should I do? Thanks! Moved from Spanish....
  7. How do I set Windows to it's default settings?

How do I set Windows to it's default settings?: I am using windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-set-windows-to-its-default-settings/24530a82-b15f-4b57-a10c-8b3146961714
  8. Registry fix or other command to set default for mailto Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Registry fix or other command to set default for mailto Windows 10: I don't yet know how widespread this is nor what causes it but if there is a quick and easy one click method to reset I would appreciate the info. What is happening is that the MailTo default is getting changed to the browser default. Or at least that was the case in the...
  9. Set Mailto default to Gmail in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Set Mailto default to Gmail in Chrome: I've googled and searched tenforums and found descriptions of how to do this but nothing seems to work. I have added the mailto Handler in Chrome settings and it shows mail.google.com. I have set the Mail default app to Chrome. I have set the default Mailto protocol...
  10. Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10: I would like to change the default MAILTO Protocol in Windows 10 to a program of my choice but it won't let me choose anything other than Thunderbird or Microsoft Mail. How do I select a specific program (in my case it is OEClassic). Thanks. 9971