Windows 10: How do I set the default to save on my computer and not to one drive?

Discus and support How do I set the default to save on my computer and not to one drive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I got one drive to auto back-up my computer files. I realized that most of the time it comes up as the default to save my files to. The issue is if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlKenney, Apr 22, 2021.

1. AlKenney Win User

How do I set the default to save on my computer and not to one drive?

I got one drive to auto back-up my computer files. I realized that most of the time it comes up as the default to save my files to. The issue is if I do that I don't have my files when I'm traveling and cant connect. That wasn't the idea. I just want to save them to my PC and don't want to spend minutes each time I save a file putting in the right place. This is very annoying. Isn't there a setting so that the default is to save on "this PC"?

:)

AlKenney, Apr 22, 2021
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Apr 22, 2021
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    default saved locations

Hi Ashley,

For better assistance, we'd like to know the following:

• How did you transfer your pictures from OneDrive to your computer?
    • How were you trying to change the default save location?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Apr 22, 2021
  4. geofflove Win User

How to set default saving to NAS?

Just upgraded to Win 10. Under Win 7 I had all my music stored on a NAS. I can get windows to use the music from there - although ti's been intermittenet sometimes telling me there is no music....

However, I want to set the NAS as the default save location for music. In settings > system > storage I have tried to change the save location but it is only listing hard drives directly attached to the comp. It;s not listing network attached devices even though the drives have been mapped and do appear in "This PC" as available drives.

How can I do this?

Thanks

geofflove, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I set the default to save on my computer and not to one drive? - Similar Threads - set default save

2. How do I save screenshots to a LOCAL drive, and NOT one drive?????

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I save screenshots to a LOCAL drive, and NOT one drive?????: I have been fighting this for several days, now. I want my screenshots to be saved on a local drive i.e. hard drive, external drive, thumb drive, etc. I have read several explanations on how to do it, but none of them have been successful.Every explanation I have read says to...
  3. How do I save screenshots to a LOCAL drive, and NOT one drive?????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I save screenshots to a LOCAL drive, and NOT one drive?????: I have been fighting this for several days, now. I want my screenshots to be saved on a local drive i.e. hard drive, external drive, thumb drive, etc. I have read several explanations on how to do it, but none of them have been successful.Every explanation I have read says to...
  4. How do I save screenshots to a LOCAL drive, and NOT one drive?????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I set Drive D as the default for saving files in Windows 11and disable One Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I set Drive D as the default for saving files in Windows 11and disable One Drive?: Trying to set up a new Windows 11 PC and discovered that all my files were saved to One Drive, which I do not want. I want to set it so that D: is the default drive for all data and personal files. I also want to disable and remove One Drive. I tried following solutions...
  6. How can I set Drive D as the default for saving files in Windows 11and disable One Drive?

How can I set Drive D as the default for saving files in Windows 11and disable One Drive?: Trying to set up a new Windows 11 PC and discovered that all my files were saved to One Drive, which I do not want. I want to set it so that D: is the default drive for all data and personal files. I also want to disable and remove One Drive. I tried following solutions...
  7. i am unable to save my files on my computer. everything is being saved to one drive. how do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am unable to save my files on my computer. everything is being saved to one drive. how do...: i am unable to save my files on my computer. everything is being saved to one drive. how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-save-my-files-on-my-computer/ae04b479-fd55-448c-a7a5-151674ead452
  8. i am unable to save my files on my computer. everything is being saved to one drive. how do...

i am unable to save my files on my computer. everything is being saved to one drive. how do...: i am unable to save my files on my computer. everything is being saved to one drive. how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-save-my-files-on-my-computer/ae04b479-fd55-448c-a7a5-151674ead452
  9. How do I set my download drive default to D:?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I set my download drive default to D:?: My PC is running Windows 10 Pro and has two drives, C: and D:. When I try to change the download location to drive D: it says I do not have the permission to do that....
  10. How do i "tell" One-drive that i do not want a specific file to be saved on, one drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do i "tell" One-drive that i do not want a specific file to be saved on, one drive?: I recently dowloaded a 43 gb file which i do not want to sinc with the one drive function. I wanna keep the drive working to everything else, but i dont want to have this specific file to be saved, due the fact that i dont have enough space to have him storaged. Does anyone...