Windows 10: How do I set the firewall like it's brand new??

Discus and support How do I set the firewall like it's brand new?? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm new to Netsh and need some help with something. What I want to do is set the firewall to a state where nothing is allowed inbound or outbound. Once... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jumper77, Jan 30, 2019.

1. jumper77 Win User

How do I set the firewall like it's brand new??

I'm new to Netsh and need some help with something. What I want to do is set the firewall to a state where nothing is allowed inbound or outbound. Once I have done that, I want to add programs to the whitelist one at a time. What I want is to be able to start with a clean slate.

I thought resetting the firewall would do that, but it doesn't (at least not for me).

I have the command to block all inbound and outbound traffic...
    Code: netsh advfirewall set allprofiles firewallpolicy blockinbound,blockoutbound[/quote]
    Hope this question is clear.... if not, feel free to ask anything
    Thanks in advance for any help!

:)

jumper77, Jan 30, 2019
  2. John Sarc Win User

Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Jan 30, 2019
  4. How do I set the firewall like it's brand new??

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

How do I set the firewall like it's brand new??

1. How do I set the firewall like it's brand new?? - Similar Threads - set firewall brand

2. How do I recover a password for a brand new account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover a password for a brand new account?: I was setting up a user for my daughter to use on a new laptop. I created the account. I tried logging in and it says the password is incorrect. I go through the recovery process and recieve an email saying I didnt provide enough info. It is a brand new account. I have only...
  3. How do I recover a password for a brand new account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recover a password for a brand new account?: I was setting up a user for my daughter to use on a new laptop. I created the account. I tried logging in and it says the password is incorrect. I go through the recovery process and recieve an email saying I didnt provide enough info. It is a brand new account. I have only...
  4. how do fix my firewall settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do fix my firewall settings?: hello,I downloaded a VPN extension to my microsoft edge, but whenever i try to connect, it doesn’t work. So, I thought the problem was in my firewall settings as i read on before. It was my first time checking firewall settings, and i have no experience with it and know...
  5. How do i fix my firewall settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix my firewall settings?: hello,I downloaded a VPN extension to my microsoft edge, but whenever i try to connect, it doesn’t work. So, I thought the problem was in my firewall settings as i read on before. It was my first time checking firewall settings, and i have no experience with it and know...
  6. how do fix my firewall settings?

how do fix my firewall settings?: hello,I downloaded a VPN extension to my microsoft edge, but whenever i try to connect, it doesn’t work. So, I thought the problem was in my firewall settings as i read on before. It was my first time checking firewall settings, and i have no experience with it and know...
  7. How do i fix my firewall settings?

How do i fix my firewall settings?: hello,I downloaded a VPN extension to my microsoft edge, but whenever i try to connect, it doesn’t work. So, I thought the problem was in my firewall settings as i read on before. It was my first time checking firewall settings, and i have no experience with it and know...
  8. how do fix my firewall settings?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. How do i fix my firewall settings?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. How do i install windows 10 on a brand new setup?

How do i install windows 10 on a brand new setup?: First of all i got to the point where i can install windows 10 form a usb, the problem i am having now is that after installing windows and letting the system reboot it either sends me back to the installation window if i have the usb still pluged in or it sends me an error...