Windows 10: How do I set the firewall like it's brand new??

Discus and support How do I set the firewall like it's brand new?? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm new to Netsh and need some help with something. What I want to do is set the firewall to a state where nothing is allowed inbound or outbound. Once... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jumper77, Jan 30, 2019.

1. jumper77 Win User

How do I set the firewall like it's brand new??

I'm new to Netsh and need some help with something. What I want to do is set the firewall to a state where nothing is allowed inbound or outbound. Once I have done that, I want to add programs to the whitelist one at a time. What I want is to be able to start with a clean slate.

I thought resetting the firewall would do that, but it doesn't (at least not for me).

I have the command to block all inbound and outbound traffic...
    Code: netsh advfirewall set allprofiles firewallpolicy blockinbound,blockoutbound[/quote]
    Hope this question is clear.... if not, feel free to ask anything
    Thanks in advance for any help!

:)

jumper77, Jan 30, 2019
  2. John Sarc Win User

Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Jan 30, 2019
  4. How do I set the firewall like it's brand new??

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

How do I set the firewall like it's brand new??

1. How do I set the firewall like it's brand new?? - Similar Threads - set firewall brand

2. New Settings Panel - How do I make it disappear?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Settings Panel - How do I make it disappear?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tsartsa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jd4edq/new_settings_panel_how_do_i_make_it_disappear/
  3. New Settings Panel - How do I make it disappear?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Settings Panel - How do I make it disappear?: [ATTACH] Hello everyone! After installing the KB4579311 update, I got this new panel in Windows 10 Settings. https://preview.redd.it/3gw9ryxubqt51.png?width=1919&format=png&auto=webp&s=66aad66130e893253a51368e778708e1b9b49211 Does anyone know how to make it disappear?...
  4. How do I reinstall WIndows Firewall?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I reinstall WIndows Firewall?: I go to "Firewall & Network protection" and see... No action needed Then under Firewall & Network I see ... Domain Network - Firewall On Private Network active - Firewall On Public Network - Firewall On Then I go to "Manage Providers" I see ... Antivirus - Microsoft...
  5. how do I block a program in a firewall?

how do I block a program in a firewall?: how do I block a program in a firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-block-a-program-in-a-firewall/ff53f7b0-8814-435b-8677-af81cae5cc1f
  6. how do I return to color. I have grayscale and do not like it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I return to color. I have grayscale and do not like it.: I have grayscale and want to return to colors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-return-to-color-i-have-grayscale-and-do/327851fc-ecfb-470b-9fa3-51a0c94a4626
  7. firewall settings

firewall settings: I want to know how I can allow "coreldraw2017 whats the font" to be used on my desktop, it is being blocked by my firewall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-settings/af29a469-3dbb-4fe3-bf7c-4a820edeabb3"
  8. How do I set up a new account in hotmail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I set up a new account in hotmail: I'm not receiving emails from Amazon and I'm told to set up a new hotmail account so they can send a 'code' to establish my identity. I can't find where to do this on the microsoft web site. Be grateful for assistance....
  9. Brand new computer Brand New Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brand new computer Brand New Updates: computer was bought friday by my wife it worked AWESOME!!! did some form of update sunday night while we were sleeping computer has not worked right since it randomly crashes with a new reason each time and this happened after a microsoft update and even the store the...
  10. How do I tell Windows 10 to set the Windows Firewall on at start-up?

How do I tell Windows 10 to set the Windows Firewall on at start-up?: I recently started using Windows 10 on a new laptop, which also has the McAfee antivirus pre-installed. About two minutes into a new session, an alert appears at the bottom right of the screen. If I click on it, a dialog box appears with an option to switch on the Windows...