Windows 10: How do I set the font for desktop icons?

Discus and support How do I set the font for desktop icons? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The build 1809 of W10 downloaded and installed itself a few days ago. But the labels on my desktop icons changed to a teeny-tiny font, not bolded. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jim Giglio 81 - gmail, Dec 13, 2018.

1. How do I set the font for desktop icons?

The build 1809 of W10 downloaded and installed itself a few days ago. But the labels on my desktop icons changed to a teeny-tiny font, not bolded. The same goes for file and folder names in Windows Explorer. Is there any way to set the properties of these labels and names to values that would make them more readable? many of us are experiencing the visual difficulties that go with aging (I'm 80). M$ seems to believe that all the users of its products are 18, with perfect 20-20 vision.

:)

Jim Giglio 81 - gmail, Dec 13, 2018

2. Change the font of my desktop icons

Hi Domi,

Windows 10 make it easier for you to personalize your computer by going to the Settings app. Some options from Control Panel has been moved to the Settings app just to bring all the settings under one roof.

To change your desktop font, you may follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Themes.
    • Under Themes, select Theme settings.
    • On the left pane, click Change desktop icons.
    To change the font size of the icons on your desktop, refer to these steps:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Click View.
    • Select the font size you prefer for your desktop icon.
    Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Dec 13, 2018
  3. How to change the desktop icon font

hello JeffRoberts3

To change your desktop font, you may follow these steps:

Go to Settings.

Choose Personalization.

Select Themes.

Under Themes, select Theme settings.

On the left pane, click Change desktop icons.

To change the font size of the icons on your desktop, refer to these steps:

Right-click on your desktop.

Click View.

Select the font size you prefer for your desktop icon.

Pedro Bruguera, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

How do I set the font for desktop icons?

In Windows 10 how do I return the font on my desktop icons to the default setting?

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to restore to default font settings in windows 10.

• Type fonts in the search and press enter

• Click on Font settings

• Click on Restore default font settings.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

How do I set the font for desktop icons?

1. How do I set the font for desktop icons? - Similar Threads - set font desktop

2. How do I change the desktop "Icon" font to BOLD in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the desktop "Icon" font to BOLD in Windows 11.: Windows settings and customization is getting worse with every release. Either the settings do not work at all, or they just don't exist. I need my icon font to be legible. This white shadowy font is awful and you cannot even read it. I feel like the intent here is to make us...
  3. How do I change the desktop "Icon" font to BOLD in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the desktop "Icon" font to BOLD in Windows 11.: Windows settings and customization is getting worse with every release. Either the settings do not work at all, or they just don't exist. I need my icon font to be legible. This white shadowy font is awful and you cannot even read it. I feel like the intent here is to make us...
  4. Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop...: Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop icons Windows11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-font-color-how-do-i-change-the-font/16cd1e04-287b-464d-9aae-77476ea85128
  5. Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop...: Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop icons Windows11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-font-color-how-do-i-change-the-font/16cd1e04-287b-464d-9aae-77476ea85128
  6. How do I change the font color on my desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the font color on my desktop icons?: When I got to my computer today, the font color on my icons had changed from black to white. I have a colorful background and I cannot read them anymore. I have a feeling that there may have been a Microsoft 365 update and perhaps that caused it. I tried lightening my...
  7. Font on desktop icons

Font on desktop icons: I have just had an update and for some reason the font on desktop items are much less legible. I have spent lots of time following previous advice on this subject but am at a loss as none of the replies apply to the routes available on the display settings. Please help....
  8. how can i reset it desktop icons font to normal font?

how can i reset it desktop icons font to normal font?: my laptop desktop icons on windows 10 system suddenly became enlarged; how can i reset it normal font? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-reset-it-desktop-icons-font-to-normal/b006bde7-dcc2-4d2f-bd32-c82e7cdb5860
  9. How do i change the font/style of desktop icons for Windows 10?

How do i change the font/style of desktop icons for Windows 10?: i need to get to the same functionality as i did in Windows 7: Personalization>Windows color and appearance>Advanced appearance settings, where I can set the font style along with bold and italic. i have searched extensively without success. 10790
  10. How to change the Desktop Icon Font

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the Desktop Icon Font: I recently got a huge Windows 10 update and now I can't change my desktop icon font. The menu option was actually removed from Windows 8, 8.1 and 10, but there was a registry way to do it, that seems to no longer work [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\IconFont] -...