Windows 10: How do I set up automatic sync between OneDrive and Server

Discus and support How do I set up automatic sync between OneDrive and Server in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We use OneDrive to backup our work files that are normally saved onto a server. I want to set OneDrive up so it automatically syncs on its own every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Haresh Ghodasara, Apr 3, 2019.

1. How do I set up automatic sync between OneDrive and Server

We use OneDrive to backup our work files that are normally saved onto a server.

I want to set OneDrive up so it automatically syncs on its own every night. I've tried looking through settings, changed what I thought would do the trick, but it's not working. Then someone told me there's an app I need to install, but I can't find it, possibly because I don't really know what I'm looking for. Any suggestions, please?

:)

Haresh Ghodasara, Apr 3, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 3, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

It won't bother me. I use it only as a secondary copy of all my photos (i also automatically backup to my server, which then syncs to OneDrive).

I have not even cracked the 1GB barrier in almost 3 years, so this is no big deal to me.

rtwjunkie, Apr 3, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

How do I set up automatic sync between OneDrive and Server

OneDrive Syncing

Hi waynedickson1

Yes, if you go to OneDrive Settings, you can add your pictures Library folder to the list of synced folders.

Then when you add or edit photos in that folder, they will automatically be synced to OneDrive without any need for you to do anything . . .

DaveM121, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

How do I set up automatic sync between OneDrive and Server

1. How do I set up automatic sync between OneDrive and Server - Similar Threads - set automatic sync

2. OneDrive is not signing in & syncing automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive is not signing in & syncing automatically: Since today morning, my onedrive is not automatically signing in and syncing files in my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-is-not-signing-in-syncing-automatically/479933aa-bdc4-421a-8f97-bedbd99f36f7
  3. How do I disable sync settings between my desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable sync settings between my desktops: I have an HP Desktop PC and a Surface Pro 7 with keyboard, pen and mouse, both running Windows 10 21H1, all updates current. I have a 365 account with OneDrive. I keep the SP7 desktop clean. On the HP, I keep several folders, photos and shortcuts on the desktop for things I'm...
  4. How do I disable sync settings between my desktops

How do I disable sync settings between my desktops: I have an HP Desktop PC and a Surface Pro 7 with keyboard, pen and mouse, both running Windows 10 21H1, all updates current. I have a 365 account with OneDrive. I keep the SP7 desktop clean. On the HP, I keep several folders, photos and shortcuts on the desktop for things I'm...
  5. How do I disable sync settings between my desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How to force a sync between Photos and OneDrive

How to force a sync between Photos and OneDrive: Is there any way to force Photos to rescan or resync with my OneDrive? I've just moved some photos out of the Pictures/Camera Roll folder but they still appear there in Photos. Does it automatically sync in a certain amount of time?...
  7. How Do I Sync Between Two Laptops

How Do I Sync Between Two Laptops: Other people on this list are either having trouble or the post is fairly dated. I was wondering if someone could tell me the correct steps to sync between two laptops. I want them to stay in sync all the time but I don't want to sync with OneDrive. I have searched with Bing...
  8. Onedrive not synced between machines.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive not synced between machines.: Windows 10 PC and Windows 10 Laptop. One account the same Laptop shows more file count than PC. Onedrive settings on both are exactly the same. Can I force a sync?...
  9. How log to tidy up sync settings on server

How log to tidy up sync settings on server: Hi I just turned off my sync settings because I have bought a new laptop and do not want the settings to be sync/same. The web page came back quickly to say that settings have been deleted but it also said that some data would be deleting when regular housekeeping had run...
  10. How do I disable sync settings between my desktops

How do I disable sync settings between my desktops: I have three PC's that I use frequently. A Gaming PC, a Work PC, and a Surface Pro for mobility. Whenever I install a program on my gaming PC a shortcut shows up on my Work and Surface Pro desktops. I have already gone into the sync settings and disabled syncing on all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. automatic sync server to onedrive

2. set up automatic sync for onedrive

3. windows server 2012 sync to onedrive

4. set up one drive so that it automatically syncs to laptop