Windows 10: How do I set up my keyboard to type accents?

Discus and support How do I set up my keyboard to type accents? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had my keyboard set up to type accents by setting a setting, but now it is no longer set up like that. How do I set my keyboard to be able to type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dbrower256, May 16, 2020.

1. How do I set up my keyboard to type accents?

I had my keyboard set up to type accents by setting a setting, but now it is no longer set up like that. How do I set my keyboard to be able to type accents?

:)

dbrower256, May 16, 2020

2. When you plan to update the touch keyboard to type greek accented letters?

Hi George,

This issue that started after the last Windows 10 update might be caused by software incompatibility. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask the following:

• How are you accessing the Greek accented letters on touch keyboard before?
    • Are there any error messages displayed when trying to access the Greek accented letters?
    • If possible, can you give us an example screenshot of the Greek accented letters?

Meanwhile, we need to make sure that the Greek keyboard is added on the language settings. To check if the Greek keyboard is added, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Time & Language from the list.
    • Select Region & language in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Languages, make sure that the Greek keyboard is added.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, May 16, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Troubles with accent on QWERTY keyboard

Hi Pillow,

Conflicts with the keyboard settings after the update is one of the possible reasons why you are having issues creating an accented letter using your keyboard. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Which OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • What application or platform are you trying to input this character?
    • What is the make and model of your keyboard?
    • Have you tried updating the keyboard driver?

Meanwhile, you can try to use the Character Map and check if you will be able to insert the accented letters. The Character Map was made to allow users to insert special characters on their documents. To open the Character Map, You can follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + S to open Search
      Bar.
    • Type Character Map, then click it.
    • When the application launches, look for the special character that you want to insert on your document.

We'll be looking forward to your reply.

Eric Ber, May 16, 2020
  4. How do I set up my keyboard to type accents?

Issues with using accents through the keyboard on Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there keyword is not used correctly.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• What is the language pack are you using on the computer?
    • When you say that "put accents above the e and o but i can't seem ", how exactly have you tried to use the accents on the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft Help Article about how to type accented characters.

Using US-Int'l Keyboard Layout to Type Accented Characters:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/97738

Please get back to us with an update on issue with typing accented character through keyboard on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 16, 2020
Thema:

How do I set up my keyboard to type accents?

1. How do I set up my keyboard to type accents? - Similar Threads - set keyboard type

2. Accents when typing on English UK Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accents when typing on English UK Keyboard: Hi folks,Sometimes when I'm typing, accented letters come up. I'm on the English UK Keyboard, so I'm wondering if there's some key-combo I'm accidentally pressing or something similar.A few details that might help:I'm on Windows 11 on a Surface Laptop Go 2I have 2 keyboards,...
  3. Accents when typing on English UK Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accents when typing on English UK Keyboard: Hi folks,Sometimes when I'm typing, accented letters come up. I'm on the English UK Keyboard, so I'm wondering if there's some key-combo I'm accidentally pressing or something similar.A few details that might help:I'm on Windows 11 on a Surface Laptop Go 2I have 2 keyboards,...
  4. How do I type in French with accents on a standard keyboard using Canadian Multingual...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I type in French with accents on a standard keyboard using Canadian Multingual...: I have a regular keyboard. Letters are in English. I have set my Windows Language options Keyboard to Canadian Multingual French. It looks like I have to switch the keyboard entirely to French using the language bar and then the letters don't match the keyboard!È is the...
  5. How do I type in French with accents on a standard keyboard using Canadian Multingual...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I type in French with accents on a standard keyboard using Canadian Multingual...: I have a regular keyboard. Letters are in English. I have set my Windows Language options Keyboard to Canadian Multingual French. It looks like I have to switch the keyboard entirely to French using the language bar and then the letters don't match the keyboard!È is the...
  6. How Do I Type Letters With Accent Marks?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I Type Letters With Accent Marks?: I have a laptop that doesn't have a touch screen. I want to type letters that have accent marks. For instance, I want to be able to type the letter e with an ' on top of the letter. I was told that I can use the shortcut {Windows Key -> . period and it will bring up they...
  7. How to set up typing shortcuts?

How to set up typing shortcuts?: Hi, I am wanting to set up typing shortcuts, for example if I type in syl, I want it to automatically change to see you later. I am not using microsoft word so I need it set up on my operating system rather than a program. Is this possible? Thanks...
  8. I couldn't type the grave accent on my keyboard. I need it to change settings in csgo.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I couldn't type the grave accent on my keyboard. I need it to change settings in csgo.: Is there any way to change it? After changing the language hotkeys, the grave accent button just doesn't want to work. I have to hold it for it to appear but that doesn't work in csgo. submitted by /u/lmaoitskp [link] [comments]...
  9. How can I type language accents using my desktop computer and keyboard?

How can I type language accents using my desktop computer and keyboard?: How can I type language accents using my desktop computer and keyboard? On my cellphone I hold down a key and various language diacritical characters are displayed for selection. Obviously, that's not going to work with a desktop's keyboard. Is there a key sequence I can...
  10. HOW DO I SET MY KEYBOARD?

HOW DO I SET MY KEYBOARD?: how do I set my keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-set-my-keyboard/75490100-cb0c-477c-9e5f-a5f0dc8b750a