Windows 10: How do I set up my new HP laptop with one drive. All data from old laptop is in one drive.

Discus and support How do I set up my new HP laptop with one drive. All data from old laptop is in one drive. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I set up my new HP laptop with one drive. All data from old laptop is in one drive. * Changed to a question* Original title: New laptop set up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by M Gagnon OD, May 24, 2024.

1. How do I set up my new HP laptop with one drive. All data from old laptop is in one drive.

How do I set up my new HP laptop with one drive. All data from old laptop is in one drive. * Changed to a question* Original title: New laptop set up

:)

M Gagnon OD, May 24, 2024

2. Installing old data drive in new computer

My current laptop has two SSD drives (both SATA interface). The C: drive for operating system and programs and a D: drive for all my data.

In a few days, I'll be receiving my new HP laptop. It comes with an M2 SSD (512GB) and a 1TB HDD (SATA interface).

I plan on using the new M2 drive for operating system and programs.

I want to remove the new 1TB hard drive and replace it with the 2TB SSD (SATA) that contains all my data from my old laptop.

My concern is that I've moved my "documents" folder from C: to D:. If I power up my new laptop, I'm afraid Windows 10 will get confused by having the documents folder (and its subfolders) in two places.

Should I power up my new computer, with new drives in place, and move my documents folder to the new HDD and also set up my current D: drive folder structure on the new drive, minus the actual data.

Then power down the computer and replace the new HDD with my 2TB SSD?

Is this the simplest way to do this or is there a better method?

Thanks so much for your help and time!

theplanckster, May 24, 2024
  3. malware Win User
    HP Plans SSD Drives in Future Business Laptops

Hewlett-Packard plans to offer solid-state drives (SSDs) as an option in all professional series laptop PCs starting from next month because the drives operate faster, conserve battery life, have less weight, and are more durable than conventional hard disk drives. HP will first offer the option of 64GB NAND flash memory drives in products it announced earlier this month, the HP Compaq 2710p, 2510p, 6910p, and 8000 series, and will continue to offer it in future models. Choosing the SSD option will add around $1,000 to the cost of a laptop, but HP expects the cost to come down as SSDs gain acceptance in the marketplace and volumes increase, said Dan Forlenza, vice president of business notebooks at HP, during a news conference in Taipei.

Source: Yahoo News

malware, May 24, 2024
  4. Maelstrom Win User

How do I set up my new HP laptop with one drive. All data from old laptop is in one drive.

Moving data from old laptop to new

Ok, so i have an old laptop that's hhd was infected with a virus that screwed windows up. I have some data on the thing that i need to pull off and put onto my new laptops hhd. So what is the safest and easiest way to get the data from old laptop to new laptop?

Maelstrom, May 24, 2024
Thema:

How do I set up my new HP laptop with one drive. All data from old laptop is in one drive.

1. How do I set up my new HP laptop with one drive. All data from old laptop is in one drive. - Similar Threads - set laptop drive

2. How do I set up my new HP laptop with one drive. All data from old laptop is in one drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set up my new HP laptop with one drive. All data from old laptop is in one drive.: How do I set up my new HP laptop with one drive. All data from old laptop is in one drive. * Changed to a question* Original title: New laptop set up...
  3. How to remove One Drive from an old laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove One Drive from an old laptop: Hello techiesI had an older Lenovo OS Windows 10 and used One Drive for backup purposes. In Nov 2023 I picked up a new Lenovo OS Windows 11 and the backup process to get the new one backed up was easy. I'd like to wipe the old Windows 10 laptop but it appears both have a...
  4. How to remove One Drive from an old laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove One Drive from an old laptop: Hello techiesI had an older Lenovo OS Windows 10 and used One Drive for backup purposes. In Nov 2023 I picked up a new Lenovo OS Windows 11 and the backup process to get the new one backed up was easy. I'd like to wipe the old Windows 10 laptop but it appears both have a...
  5. One drive + all my data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive + all my data: How do i download all of my data back onto my device? Then I'll quit ONedrive forever. Basically want everything back on my pc . None of it in the 'cloud' . thks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-all-my-data/69fa742e-b99a-4dca-8884-245f27279928
  6. One drive + all my data

One drive + all my data: How do i download all of my data back onto my device? Then I'll quit ONedrive forever. Basically want everything back on my pc . None of it in the 'cloud' . thks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-all-my-data/69fa742e-b99a-4dca-8884-245f27279928
  7. How do I transfer all my data from an old laptop to my new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer all my data from an old laptop to my new laptop: How do I transfer all my data from an old laptop to my new laptop using a UBS cable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-all-my-data-from-an-old-laptop/0bf68246-e888-43ca-9f61-80bde6f19a97
  8. How do I transfer all my data from an old laptop to my new laptop

How do I transfer all my data from an old laptop to my new laptop: How do I transfer all my data from an old laptop to my new laptop using a UBS cable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-all-my-data-from-an-old-laptop/0bf68246-e888-43ca-9f61-80bde6f19a97
  9. How do I sync old PC with new laptop for One Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I sync old PC with new laptop for One Drive: I have just purchased a new laptop, as well as Microsoft 365, which gives me I think 1 terabyte of space on One Drive. One Drive seems to sync with whatever I put on the hard drive of the new laptop, which is nice. But how do I persuade the old PC to "see" these One Drive...
  10. One Drive with a new laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive with a new laptop: So, my old laptop died about a week ago, and fortunately I had a full backup of the entire contents on an external drive. I did the full back on May 24th. During the week I was waiting for my new laptop, I accessed and updated a few files in One Drive using my tablet. I...