Windows 10: How do I set up my verizon.net e-mail account on the Windows 10 mail app?

Discus and support How do I set up my verizon.net e-mail account on the Windows 10 mail app? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I set up my verizon.net e-mail account on the Windows 10 mail app? I have tried all of the different settings and made sure I have the correct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Appliance Guy, Jun 28, 2020.

1. How do I set up my verizon.net e-mail account on the Windows 10 mail app?

How do I set up my verizon.net e-mail account on the Windows 10 mail app? I have tried all of the different settings and made sure I have the correct password. No matter what I do, all I get is "syncing error". On my latest attempt I got error code 0x80048830.

:)

Appliance Guy, Jun 28, 2020

2. How do I delete an e-mail account and add it again in Windows 10 Mail

I'm using Windows 10 Mail and a box appear saying that my e-mail account and setting are outdated! I never knew and e-mail account can be outdated etc when you're always using it etc. I have ahd this e-mail for so many years now. Another box appeared with
    my e-mail on it and a box to type in my password to verify my account. I typed in my password but it couldnt verify it. So, the next suggested the box had was for me delete my e-mail acount and add it back again. How do I go about doing this? Please list rhe
    step by steps please. Thanks!

SAMSON JOE, Jun 28, 2020
  3. vzfox1 Win User
    Windows 10 mail and Verizon.net

I searched but did not find and discussions on this topic...

I recently upgraded both my pc and OS to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I was using Outlook on Windows 7 but decided not to purchase for the new pc and use Windows 10 mail app instead. I have two email accounts, gmail and verizon. I set up gmail using the Windows 10 mail app with ease and instant email sync, but when it comes to my Verizon account its alot different of a feeling.

I am using the exact same settings and ports as I used on Outlook and use those exact same ports and setting on my iPhone to send/receive Verizon email just fine, but Windows 10 mail is giving me more than a headache to say the least and just plain doesnt work. I have searched online for ports and settings and updated and changed so many times in Windows 10 mail app that I feel as if I have tried EVERYTHING. Since Verizon shut down it own email service a few years back, AOL took over. I can log into AOL mail using my verizon.net address and password just fine and send/receive email, and as stated I can do the same on my iPhone. Just cant figure out why Windows 10 mail app wont let me. Below are my ports and settings I am using and used for Outlook on Windows 7 and current iPhone...

incoming...pop.verizon.net...port 995
    outgoing...smtp.verizon.net...port 465
    all SSL
    all authenticate

The above works perfectly on my iPhone and Outlook, but not Windows 10 mail app. I have followed instructions on updating and checking proxy is off and sync is enabled and privacy settings in mail verified. I even tried changing verizon.net to aol.com to no avail. Tried using ports 993 and 587 but no avail. Tried ports 993 and 465 but no avail. But the above listed ports work fine on iPhone and Outlook, 995 and 465.

Anyone have any idea how to make Windows 10 mail app work with verizon.net mail with detailed walkthru of setting it up? Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I have also tried using both pop and IMAP....no avail.
    UPDATE: using the ports and settings; incoming...pop.verizon.net...port 995, outgoing...smtp.verizon.net...port 465, all SSL, all authenticate; I can SEND email from my Windows 10 mail app (an improvement) but still unable to receive/sync.

vzfox1, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Hitman Win User

How do I set up my verizon.net e-mail account on the Windows 10 mail app?

E mail problem

Hello
    This is a weird thing going on with my wife's e mail a little hard to explain.
    We are with time.Warner/spectrum
    I have asked at there sites and searched on lone put no real info.
    Windows 10 e mail app is Windows live mail

Ok here we go
    I set it all up ports and security and ports it is all working
    DownLoads the required folders sends and recieves mail all is good.
    It will be working for days even weeks and then all of a sudden the whole account is gone.
    All folders emails saved and deleted all gone.
    This have happened a few times now at least 4 or 5 times 2 times in the last month.

Is there a virus or malware or something that is doing this. ?
    Every time it has happened I do change the password.
    She has another account with verizon that still works and have np with.

Any suggestions or advise please
    Thaks
    Ruben

Hitman, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

How do I set up my verizon.net e-mail account on the Windows 10 mail app?

1. How do I set up my verizon.net e-mail account on the Windows 10 mail app? - Similar Threads - set verizon net

2. Verizon/AOL e-mail setup for Windows Mail app and Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verizon/AOL e-mail setup for Windows Mail app and Outlook: i have a Windows 11 Dell XPS computer 2021 and am finding it hard to set up Verizon/AOL e-mail on either the home Windows e-mail app or in the Office Outlook e-mail app.I know that since Verizon's e-mail migration to AOL there came some changes about June or July of this year...
  3. Verizon/AOL e-mail setup for Windows Mail app and Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Verizon/AOL e-mail setup for Windows Mail app and Outlook: i have a Windows 11 Dell XPS computer 2021 and am finding it hard to set up Verizon/AOL e-mail on either the home Windows e-mail app or in the Office Outlook e-mail app.I know that since Verizon's e-mail migration to AOL there came some changes about June or July of this year...
  4. advanced setup in windows 10 for verizon/aol e-mail in windows mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    advanced setup in windows 10 for verizon/aol e-mail in windows mail: i have had verizon/aol e-mail as my windows e-mail several times on my windows 10 lenova thinkpad computer but over the past year or so it gets glitzy and stops working . I go back reset it back up, works for awhile and then stops working and as before i get the message "your...
  5. Aol Verizon E Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Aol Verizon E Mail: I had an Email account by Verizon serviced by aol. I can no longer access that E Mail. What happened and can I recover my E mails? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-verizon-e-mail/08f2408e-a692-4337-8f8a-fcab3ccd0a39
  6. Temporary Account & E-mail set-up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Temporary Account & E-mail set-up: Problem 1 Why do i always get allocated a temporary profile - "You have been signed in with a temporary profile" I have two Microsoft accounts. My old "fsnet" e-mail account is no longer available but still a Microsoft account.. I have lost the password so cannot reset the...
  7. setting up an e-mail account

setting up an e-mail account: I'm trying to get e-mail's from another account onto my computer, when I enter the info username and password, which I know are correct I have an error code: 0x80004005. The e-mail is working fine in outlook on a different PC, but I'm trying to get it to work with the mail...
  8. Setting Up Mail in WIndows 10 for a verizon account

Setting Up Mail in WIndows 10 for a verizon account: How can I set up my verizon account in the mail app? I have tried all the suggestions for the incoming and outgoing servers and nothing seems to work. Nowadays the way to access verizon mail is through AOL and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it...
  9. setting up verizon e-mail in new windows 10

setting up verizon e-mail in new windows 10: I've just gotten a new computer with windows 10. how do I set up my e amil account. I do have outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-verizon-e-mail-in-new-windows-10/364ec0a9-740f-4657-8e88-8ff3d8340581
  10. How do I set up an Outlook e-mail account for my wife ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I set up an Outlook e-mail account for my wife ?: I recently ran into problems with setting up an Outlook email address for my self and issue was finally sorted out. As I no longer have access to old Internet Provider , I have a question, is it possible to set up a separate email address in Outlook for my wife to set up an...