Windows 10: How do I set up my windows player on my PC

Discus and support How do I set up my windows player on my PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do I set up my PC with windows 10 as a media server?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 96farm, Dec 21, 2018.

1. 96farm Win User

How do I set up my windows player on my PC

how do I set up my PC with windows 10 as a media server?

:)

96farm, Dec 21, 2018

2. New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Broken Windows Media Player

Hi,

Have you tried running the troubleshooter for WMP? If not, we suggest that you try to run the troubleshooter and
    see if it helps. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on
      Programs.

• Under
      Media
      Player, click on
      Windows Media Player Settings
      and
      Windows Media Player Library.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 21, 2018
  4. How do I set up my windows player on my PC

Windows Media Player in Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest you to try this method and check for the issue.

Run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter
    and check, if the issue persists.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

a. Press “Windows key” on your keyboard.

b. Type Troubleshooting and click Troubleshooting under Settings.

c. Now select Programs in the search option.

d. Under Media Player, select Windows Media Player Settings
    to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

How do I set up my windows player on my PC

1. How do I set up my windows player on my PC - Similar Threads - set player

2. cant open photos app or settings or movie player. they start to load and then switch off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant open photos app or settings or movie player. they start to load and then switch off: cant open photos app or settings or movie player. they start to load and then switch off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-photos-app-or-settings-or-movie-player/79e170e5-2732-4323-afea-53dfb9af7b78
  3. cant open photos app or settings or movie player. they start to load and then switch off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant open photos app or settings or movie player. they start to load and then switch off: cant open photos app or settings or movie player. they start to load and then switch off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-photos-app-or-settings-or-movie-player/79e170e5-2732-4323-afea-53dfb9af7b78
  4. I want to open an excel file in WordPad I've downloaded and set windows player legacy as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to open an excel file in WordPad I've downloaded and set windows player legacy as...: I want to open an excel file in WordPad I've downloaded and set windows player legacy as the default app to open it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-open-an-excel-file-in-wordpad-ive/d438861c-8aa4-4be6-a061-8abe8ea91e9a
  5. I want to open an excel file in WordPad I've downloaded and set windows player legacy as...

I want to open an excel file in WordPad I've downloaded and set windows player legacy as...: I want to open an excel file in WordPad I've downloaded and set windows player legacy as the default app to open it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-open-an-excel-file-in-wordpad-ive/d438861c-8aa4-4be6-a061-8abe8ea91e9a
  6. Windows Media Player wont burn mp3s to my Cd when putting settings to Audio Cd

Windows Media Player wont burn mp3s to my Cd when putting settings to Audio Cd: When using Media Player I put m3s into the files to burn into the Cd like what some Tutorials say to put the settings to Audio CD If you want it to work on Cd players. But when I put a Empty Disc in it wont recognize the cd and say it Has no free space even though in the...
  7. Windows Media Player wont burn mp3s to my Cd when putting settings to Audio Cd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media Player wont burn mp3s to my Cd when putting settings to Audio Cd: When using Media Player I put m3s into the files to burn into the Cd like what some Tutorials say to put the settings to Audio CD If you want it to work on Cd players. But when I put a Empty Disc in it wont recognize the cd and say it Has no free space even though in the...
  8. Windows Media Player wont burn mp3s to my Cd when putting settings to Audio Cd

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Setting Movies and TV as a default media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Movies and TV as a default media player: Hello!I would like to use Movies and TV as a default media player especially for .mp4 and .mov files but there seems no option including Movies and TV. Whats the solution?...
  10. Setting Movies and TV as a default media player

Setting Movies and TV as a default media player: Hello!I would like to use Movies and TV as a default media player especially for .mp4 and .mov files but there seems no option including Movies and TV. Whats the solution?...