Windows 10: How do I set up static IP on a mobile hotspot

Discus and support How do I set up static IP on a mobile hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, i need help to set up a local static ip on my pc (windows 10) that I use with my android phone's (oneplus 7) hotspot. When I set up my local ip for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SahilBhatnagar909, Oct 17, 2019.

1. How do I set up static IP on a mobile hotspot

Hi, i need help to set up a local static ip on my pc (windows 10) that I use with my android phone's (oneplus 7) hotspot. When I set up my local ip for the first time it worked perfectly. I used the default gateway and dns server that i got from ipconfig. The problem is that every time I reconnect my hotspot, only google websites open, until I change the Dns and gateway in the network settings again. Is there any workaround to this?

Note: i have a TP-Link WN-881ND Wifi Card

:)

SahilBhatnagar909, Oct 17, 2019

2. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Setup Using Static IP

My university Hostel's Ethernet Connection uses a static IP. Each PC is given an IPV4 address to connect to the network. My IP is 10.1.155.242. The Internet is working properly. However when I try to share the Ethernet to Mobile Hotspot, the IP settings
    are not shared. When I manually added those settings to the Mobile Hotspot, it does not allow static multiple gateways. Without a static IP, the hotspot does not work on any mobile device. It gives an error 'cannot obtain IP address'. Please help me solve
    this issue. Thanks.

SalmanMehmood6, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Static IP on Lumia 950.

Hi,

Follow the steps below and check if the features to apply static IP is available in your device.

• Navigate to settings.
    • Search or navigate to “Wi-Fi”.
    • Scroll all the way down and tap “static ip”.
    • Turn on “Configure network settings manually”.
    • Key in the IP address, subnet mask and other details

Note: Do remember that your router / DHCP should support allocating static IP for this feature to work.

If the above feature is not available then your model may not support the same.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 17, 2019
  4. How do I set up static IP on a mobile hotspot

Static IP in Creators Update mobile

• Most firmware of all lumia phones no longer update, where can i find it?

• Before, all the phone can work with static IP without another firmware. Why did you say changing firmware alowing it?

Lê Quang Tấn, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

How do I set up static IP on a mobile hotspot

1. How do I set up static IP on a mobile hotspot - Similar Threads - set static mobile

2. How to Set Up a IP ex 192.168.168.2 Mobile Hotspot in Windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Set Up a IP ex 192.168.168.2 Mobile Hotspot in Windows 11 ?: Configure the display device's IP address and network ID. Use static IP addresses DHCP offIP address: 192.168.168.2Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0Gateway address: 192.168.168.1DNS address: 192.168.168.1Thank you...
  3. How to Set Up a IP ex 192.168.168.2 Mobile Hotspot in Windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Set Up a IP ex 192.168.168.2 Mobile Hotspot in Windows 11 ?: Configure the display device's IP address and network ID. Use static IP addresses DHCP offIP address: 192.168.168.2Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0Gateway address: 192.168.168.1DNS address: 192.168.168.1Thank you...
  4. How to Set Up a IP ex 192.168.168.2 Mobile Hotspot in Windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't set up mobile hotspot.

Can't set up mobile hotspot.: LAN Internet connection perfectly running but mobile hotspot cant switch on.... when try to switch on 'share connection with other devices tab' show cant set up mobile hotspot. pliz advise....
  6. Inabilty to set up mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inabilty to set up mobile hotspot: please my system keeps showing we can't set up mobile hotspot anytime i use ethernet cable, how do i resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inabilty-to-set-up-mobile-hotspot/ebf77a8f-4b79-413c-9704-303d27921edc
  7. Can't Set Up Mobile Hotspot

Can't Set Up Mobile Hotspot: I have Windows 10. And I have a good network connection with good internet. But my laptop does not set up mobile hotspot. It says "We can't set up mobile hotspot." . I am facing this problem from January, 2019. Please HELP me....
  8. How to set up a static IP on comcast home internet?

How to set up a static IP on comcast home internet?: I'm networking 3 pcs together for training purposes, How would I go about this without having to pay for a business line from comcast? I'm don't own a website, this is strictly for windows, linux learning. All my IP's are different and all pcs are hooked up over wifi. 125219
  9. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Setup Using Static IP

Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Setup Using Static IP: My university Hostel's Ethernet Connection uses a static IP. Each PC is given an IPV4 address to connect to the network. My IP is 10.1.155.242. The Internet is working properly. However when I try to share the Ethernet to Mobile Hotspot, the IP settings are not shared. When I...
  10. setting up mobile hotspot

setting up mobile hotspot: im using a dell i7 and i have just updatd to windows 10. im having trouble with setting up my hotspot. it keeps saying it cannot set up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/setting-up-mobile-hotspot/299565e9-193c-415f-880f-36050613b6a6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mobile hotspot static ip

2. set mobile hotspot ip address windows

3. private ip mobile hotspot

4. is there a way to change to ipv4 on mobile hotspot,
  5. what does it mean when my moblie hotspot say cannot connect to ip address,
  6. manually assign IP address mobile hotspot,
  7. how to make ipv4 static on hotspot,
  8. prepaid mobile hotspot with static IP