Windows 10: how do i set up to charge an ipod when computer is sleeping

Discus and support how do i set up to charge an ipod when computer is sleeping in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; how do I set up to charge an ipod when computer is sleepin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Larry_900, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Larry_900 Win User

how do i set up to charge an ipod when computer is sleeping

how do I set up to charge an ipod when computer is sleepin

:)

Larry_900, Jan 13, 2019
  2. kalle_t Win User

After Windows 10 upgrade, iPod won't charge

This is an old thread, but the problem still exists.

There were no problems in synchronizing or charging my old 30GB iPod when I had Windows 7 64bit pro on my laptop. But after it was upgraded to Windows 10, iPod stopped charging, except during synchronizations.

Due to disk failure, I had to re-install the Windows 10 from clean, and the problem still exists. If I reboot the same computer to Linux, iPod charges fine.

Dear Microsoft, do you have any suggestion, how to enable charging on iPod?

kalle_t, Jan 13, 2019
  3. DR.Death Win User
    Ipod is stuck...

1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
    2. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.
    • Tip: If you are having difficulty resetting your iPod, set it on a flat surface. Make sure the finger pressing the Select button is not touching any part of the click wheel. Also make sure that you are pressing the Menu button toward the outside of the click wheel, and not near the center.
    • If the above steps did not work, try connecting iPod to a power adapter and plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet, or connect iPod to your computer. Make sure the computer is turned on and isn't set to go to sleep.

try that

To restore your iPod mini:

* Warning: Because Restore erases all of the songs and files on iPod, make sure to back up any files you've saved on the iPod disk. All of your songs, videos, podcasts, audiobooks, and games can be loaded back to your iPod provided that you have them stored in your iTunes Library.

How to restore your iPod:

1. Make sure you've reinstalled the latest version of iTunes.
    2. Open iTunes, and then connect your iPod to your computer.
    3. After a few moments, it will appear in the Source list in iTunes.
    4. Select your iPod in the Source list and you will see information about it appear in the Settings tab of the main iTunes windows.
    5. Click the Restore button. You will be prompted with one or more restore options that may prompt iTunes to automatically download of the latest iPod Software. The 4 possible restore options are:

Restore Option 1: Restore - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod.
    Restore Option 2: Use Same Version - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod even though a newer version is available.
    Restore Option 3: Use Newest Version - Restores with the latest iPod Software on your computer.
    Restore Option 4: Restore and Update - Restores with the latest iPod Software on your computer.

6. A progress bar will appear on the computer screen indicating that the first stage of the restore process has started. When this stage is completed, iTunes will instruct you to leave iPod connected to your computer to complete restore.

Restore Instruction 1: Disconnect iPod and connect it to iPod Power Adapter (typically applies to older iPod models).
    Restore Instruction 2: Leave iPod connected to computer to complete restore (typically applies newer iPod models).

7. During the stage 2 of the restore process, the iPod will show an Apple logo as well as a progress bar at the bottom of the display. It is critical that the iPod remains connected to the computer or iPod Power adapter during this stage. Note: The progress bar may be difficult to see since the backlight on the iPod display may be off.
    8. After stage 2 of the restore process is complete and the iPod is connected to the computer, the iTunes Setup Assistant window will appear asking you to name your iPod and choose your syncing preferences similar to when you connected your iPod for the first time.

or this

DR.Death, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Allan Mej Win User

iPod touch not connecting to Windows 10 computer

Hi Wendy,

There are two possibilities why this issue happens:

• Your device driver is out-dated.
    • Your iPod touch is not connected as a media device (possibly set to
      "charge only").

Have you set your iPod touch to connect as a media device? Also, have you tried updating the drivers for your iPod touch?

We'll be looking forward for your reply.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

1. how do i set up to charge an ipod when computer is sleeping - Similar Threads - set charge ipod

2. How do I remote connect to a computer I just set up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remote connect to a computer I just set up?: I want to set up remote connection using windows 11 pro from my laptop to another laptop. It’s been running on the same WiFi as mine for 2 months. Now it’s saying the computer can’t be found and not in the same network maybe. Also I want to connect to the other account on the...
  3. How do I remote connect to a computer I just set up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remote connect to a computer I just set up?: I want to set up remote connection using windows 11 pro from my laptop to another laptop. It’s been running on the same WiFi as mine for 2 months. Now it’s saying the computer can’t be found and not in the same network maybe. Also I want to connect to the other account on the...
  4. how do i wake up computer with mouse and keyboard after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i wake up computer with mouse and keyboard after sleep: when my computer goes to sleep, i have to totally shut it down with the power button and restart. the mouse and keyboard wont wake the computer up. is there a way to correct this?...
  5. how do i wake up computer with mouse and keyboard after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i wake up computer with mouse and keyboard after sleep: when my computer goes to sleep, i have to totally shut it down with the power button and restart. the mouse and keyboard wont wake the computer up. is there a way to correct this?...
  6. Laptop won't sleep when charging

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop won't sleep when charging: Hello, I have a question about my Win 10 Pro V 1903 laptop. When this laptop is on battery and I put it to sleep, it disconnects from my wireless and goes to sleep. That is what I want. However, when it is charging, it will neither go to sleep, nor will it disconnect from...
  7. Computer sleeping when set not to / Not waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer sleeping when set not to / Not waking up from Sleep: Hi All I have a windows 10 machine that has two issues but they both are causing the PC to freeze. The first issue is the PC will go to sleep even when set not to in the power configuration. The second issue is that the PC will not wake up so it seems once it has gone to...
  8. Login screen appears when computer wakes up from sleep. How do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Login screen appears when computer wakes up from sleep. How do I stop this?: when I wake up from sleep the log in screen appears. How do I stop it and go directly to desk top * Original title: Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-screen-appears-when-computer-wakes-up-from/57722a26-926f-4565-86d6-44d768896351
  9. How do I set up account on used computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I set up account on used computer?: How do i set up windows 10 on used computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/how-do-i-set-up-account-on-used-computer/583818b1-0441-48dd-a596-8726dcc6df8b
  10. How do i fix black screen when my computer is sleeping?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do i fix black screen when my computer is sleeping?: So my computer goes to sleep every 10 minutes and I have to restart it , which takes a long time because my laptop is a low end com. Anyone know how to fix the black screen when I come back ? I tried to move my mouse no cursor no nothing just the screen flashing. 13741