Windows 10: How do I set up win 10 with Outlook 2013 and British telecome mail

Discus and support How do I set up win 10 with Outlook 2013 and British telecome mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have been trying to set up Outlook 2013 on Win 10 for the last week with no success at all. I log on to BT mail and change my password. The last... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Hwalker1, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Hwalker1 Win User

How do I set up win 10 with Outlook 2013 and British telecome mail

I have been trying to set up Outlook 2013 on Win 10 for the last week with no success at all. I log on to BT mail and change my password. The last screen is as follows:
    QUOTE:
    IMPORTANT

Do you also use a mobile device, tablet or email program such as Outlook to access your email?

You do? Then it's extremely important that having now changed your password, you also update all of the

devices you use to access your email account, with your new password. Why not take the time while

you're waiting to do this.

The most common cause of log in failures is because the password in your mobile device, tablet or email

program does not match your email account so it's important that you do this.

For more advice visit www.bt.com/help/clientsetup
    End Quote
    =================================
    Unfortunately, when you open Outlook, it immediately tries to log in using the old password before you have had time to change it.
    BT then says that you have tried to log in too many times and asks you to change your password.
    And so it goes on ad infinitum.

My internet provider is BT (British Telecom) a company that seems to be run from India. They refuse to help me set up outlook because that is their policy. All posts in the outlook forum show information that does not look at all like my Outlook 2013 set up screen, so they are no help at all. All I want is for someone in the UK who has a BT account to post a screen shot of the three screens concerned. If I turn on Outlook it immediately logs in with the wrong password and the whole chain starts over. One solution would be to turn off the internet while I change the password, but there seems to be only one answer to that, and it uses the Edge browser, which will not work properly on my computer.
    I only use one device and that is my computer.
    Please help anyone?

:)

Hwalker1, Jul 15, 2016

2. microsoft office outlook

The following Pop UP constantly appears...

Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the message request.

Please run Microsoft outlook and set it as the default mail client...

Tried everything to prevent this but nothing seems to work...I would say that I have British Telecom as my service provider and many things seem incompatible with their system.. Could this be one of them?

michaeldawsonUV, Jul 15, 2016
  3. Email Problems

How can I get Windows 10 mail working. Successfully imported all my mail from Outlook 13 but no new messages appear in Windows 10 after the import but they still keep appearing in Outlook 13. Very frustrated as since accepting Windows 10 I can no longer
    send email messages in either Windows 10 or Outlook. Any help will be greatly appreciated. NOTE I am on British Telecom (BT) email address which everyone on BT is having the same problem

Dennis Frazer, Jul 15, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Try this:

1.) Make sure Outlook is closed, not running! Open Control Panel (right click Start button, select Control Panel)

2.) In Category view, select User Accounts:

How do I set up win 10 with Outlook 2013 and British telecome mail [​IMG]

3.) Select Mail (Microsoft Outlook 20XX):

4.) Select Email Accounts:

5.) Select your email account, click Change:

6.) Type the new password, click Next:

7.) Account settings will be tested, when done close all windows:

Notice please: you can only change password if the account type is Exchange ActiveSync, IMAP or POP3. If the account type is Microsoft Exchange (for instance Office 365 Business email accounts), changing the password with this method is not possible.

Thema:

1. How do I set up win 10 with Outlook 2013 and British telecome mail - Similar Threads - set Outlook 2013

2. Problem with Outlook 2013 and Mail (32-bit)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Problem with Outlook 2013 and Mail (32-bit): I have gone to CONTROL PANEL ---> MAIL (32-bit) and select E-mail Accounts If I do a repair on hotmail.com account I get message saying we are having trouble connecting to account. Verify the settings and make changes if necessary. I also have a Microsoft Exchange account...
  3. Outlook 2013

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Outlook 2013: I bought Outlook 2013 a few years ago downloaded from Microsoft. I have a new laptop. Can I download it onto the new computer too. I am not sure how many computers are allowed. It is a program, not Outlook.com...
  4. How to move windows 10 mail emails to Outlook 2013

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move windows 10 mail emails to Outlook 2013: We need to move/copy the emails sent from windows 10 mail stored in the hard disk of my laptop, to Outlook 2013 installed in my laptop? I am told Windows 10 mail does not have an export email option nor an archive one Please help!!...
  5. Import win 10 mail to Outlook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Import win 10 mail to Outlook: Ok so I have been browsing the community but none of the answers seem to work for me. I have a windows 10 mail client with 800 emails saved to the computer, and now I want to switch to Outlook. I can't access the online account anymore since we migrated the domain as...
  6. How do I set up an Outlook e-mail account for my wife ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I set up an Outlook e-mail account for my wife ?: I recently ran into problems with setting up an Outlook email address for my self and issue was finally sorted out. As I no longer have access to old Internet Provider , I have a question, is it possible to set up a separate email address in Outlook for my wife to set up an...
  7. Cannot set up mail on Windows 10 mail or outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot set up mail on Windows 10 mail or outlook: Hi, I would like to ask for help as to why I cannot set up any of my email accounts on my Windows 10 mail or on Outlook. Please see photo below on the error for Windows mail. Is this because of a network error? But my internet is working just fine. Or because I am using...
  8. How to back up all mail and settings in Outlook 2007?

in Browsers and Email
    How to back up all mail and settings in Outlook 2007?: I'm migrating my system to Windows 10 Pro. I'm currently using Office Outlook 2007 for my emails and I'm curious what is the best way to transfer not only my mail but also all Outlook settings, accounts, layouts, etc. Is there a way to do it? Which registry keys or folders...
  9. Where do I find mail profiles for Windows 10 for Outlook 2013?

in Browsers and Email
    Where do I find mail profiles for Windows 10 for Outlook 2013?: I am seeing if I can set up an Exchange account in Outlook 2013. I entered the Exchange details but it did not work and I cannot find the Mail profiles option within Windows to edit the account details. Now, all the time I open Outlook 2013 I get this. [img]...
  10. Outlook 2013

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2013: Creating "New Email" just stopped working as it normally does. It shows in the task bar as "Untiltled - Message" but does not show in Outlook and when I click on the mini window, I only see the desktop. Very strange. Just began today. 43259