Windows 10: How do I set up windows credentials

Discus and support How do I set up windows credentials in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to access another computer on the network I need to enter my credentials. I cant find anywhere to set them up.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by oldim82, Oct 20, 2021.

1. oldim82 Win User

How do I set up windows credentials

When I try to access another computer on the network I need to enter my credentials. I cant find anywhere to set them up.

:)

oldim82, Oct 20, 2021
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Oct 21, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Oct 21, 2021
  4. How do I set up windows credentials

Scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges can't access stored Windows credentials

It seems that after Creators update scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges ('run with highest privileges' option) can't access stored Windows credentials. Is that a bug or an intentional change and is there a recommended workaround?

Here's one way to reproduce the behaviour:

• Start Credential Manger and add some Windows share credentials.
    • In a console window type 'cmdkey /list', which should list the added credentials
    • Create a task in a task manager:
      • Trigger: on user logon
      • Action: run cmd.exe
      • Tick the 'run with highest privileges' option
    • Reboot the machine and log in
    • In the console window (let's call it 'console 1') opened from the scheduled task type 'cmdkey /list'. This most likely won't display the credentials added in step 1 and properly listed in step 2. ->
      This looks like a bug
    • Now, without closing 'console 1' open another console window as an administrator (let's call it 'console 2') and type 'cmdkey /list'. This will properly list credentials added in step 1.
    • Switch to 'console 1' and type 'cmdkey /list' again. This time the credentials are listed properly, unlike in step 5. It looks like an access to Windows credentials was somehow 'unlocked' by step 6.

MarcinMrowiec, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

How do I set up windows credentials

1. How do I set up windows credentials - Similar Threads - set credentials

2. How to set-up Windows Credentials, Windows Password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set-up Windows Credentials, Windows Password?: I need to view some passwords in Password Manager. I know there several ways to do this and have successfully gotten into them with no trouble. My problem is I am asked for Windows Credentials which I apparently don't have. Click button for Windows Credentials creation and...
  3. How to set-up Windows Credentials, Windows Password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set-up Windows Credentials, Windows Password?: I need to view some passwords in Password Manager. I know there several ways to do this and have successfully gotten into them with no trouble. My problem is I am asked for Windows Credentials which I apparently don't have. Click button for Windows Credentials creation and...
  4. How to set-up Windows Credentials, Windows Password?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. OneDrive about to be deleted despite being in use as a result of dual sets of credentials.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive about to be deleted despite being in use as a result of dual sets of credentials.: I changed my OneDrive login credentials a while back as the old email address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was being spammed but I've just received an email to the old email address stating my personal OneDrive account has been unused for two years and will...
  6. OneDrive about to be deleted despite being in use as a result of dual sets of credentials.

OneDrive about to be deleted despite being in use as a result of dual sets of credentials.: I changed my OneDrive login credentials a while back as the old email address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was being spammed but I've just received an email to the old email address stating my personal OneDrive account has been unused for two years and will...
  7. OneDrive about to be deleted despite being in use as a result of dual sets of credentials.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Setting the login screen, with the clock and not the one with the login credentials, as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting the login screen, with the clock and not the one with the login credentials, as...: Hello, I am wondering how I would be be able to set the first screen you see when you boot up Windows 10 to be a solid color, with that color being the accent color. I know it is easy to do this for the screen where you enter login credentials, but I would like to do it for...
  9. Setting the login screen, with the clock and not the one with the login credentials, as...

Setting the login screen, with the clock and not the one with the login credentials, as...: Hello, I am wondering how I would be be able to set the first screen you see when you boot up Windows 10 to be a solid color, with that color being the accent color. I know it is easy to do this for the screen where you enter login credentials, but I would like to do it for...
  10. Setting the login screen, with the clock and not the one with the login credentials, as...

in Windows 10 Customization