Windows 10: How do I set which microphone and speakers I want Windows to use?

Discus and support How do I set which microphone and speakers I want Windows to use? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I set which microphone and speakers I want Windows to use?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dbrower256, Feb 1, 2019.

1. How do I set which microphone and speakers I want Windows to use?

How do I set which microphone and speakers I want Windows to use?

:)

dbrower256, Feb 1, 2019

2. Lumia 930 microphone doesn't work on speaker

Hi, I have same issue on Lumia 930, have tried the various steps proposed by Microsoft, have also tried updating software to Windows 10 but to no avail. While a number of posts on this topic suggest it is likely to be a hardware bug, my symptoms seem to
    indicate software:

• while using the phone normally (not on speaker) the microphones work perfectly. IE microphones 1 and 2 at the bottom of the phone appear to be working 100%
    • while using the phone on speaker, microphones 1 and 2 (see http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-930/328279-2.htm for good photos of microphone locations) seem to be completely off
    • while using phone on speaker, microphones 3 and 4 at the top of the phone seem to work reasonably as long as I'm close to the phone. Not as well as they should on a speakerphone though.
    • microphone on headset works fine
    This does look to be a very widespread issue ... any updates from Microsoft?

thanks

RowaninMelb, Feb 1, 2019
  3. How can I make a Base Microphone work without it turning off the speakers?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. Let me help you.

As per the description Microphone should work without turning off the speakers.

I suggest you follow the steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon.

• Select playback devices option.

• Now select the speaker as default.

• Now go to recording devices option and select the microphone as default and click on apply.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Microphone and speaker not detected

Hi Nelly,

The microphone and speaker may not be detected due to wrong configuration settings or outdated drivers. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages? If yes, kindly provide us a screenshot.
    • Does this happen with Skype application only or with other application also?
    • Have you tried connecting your microphone and speaker to another computer and check if the issue still persist?
    • Have you tried using another microphone and speaker and check if the it still not recognized.

Meanwhile, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices. This will identify and diagnose technical issues. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard and select
      Control Panel.
    • On the upper right part of the Control Panel window, type
      Troubleshooting
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Hardware and Devices and follow the prompt to proceed with the troubleshooter.
    • Restart your PC and check if the issue still persist.

You may also perform sound troubleshooter by referring to this
    link
    . It will let you diagnose and provide a remedy to sound issue.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I set which microphone and speakers I want Windows to use? - Similar Threads - set microphone speakers

2. how do I choose which account I want money to open with

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I choose which account I want money to open with: I have a new computer and I have downloaded MS Money Sunset Plus. It's perfect for planning my budget. However, on my other computer I was able to have money open with my current bank account but I just can't get it set that way on my new computer. I have just forgotten how...
  3. how do I choose which account I want money to open with

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I choose which account I want money to open with: I have a new computer and I have downloaded MS Money Sunset Plus. It's perfect for planning my budget. However, on my other computer I was able to have money open with my current bank account but I just can't get it set that way on my new computer. I have just forgotten how...
  4. How do I make the setting I want on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make the setting I want on the taskbar?: The first screenshot at the top I took is my task barbut if you look carefully I want it this way, can you help if I ask how I can do it all this way one by one I have marked?...
  5. How do I make the setting I want on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make the setting I want on the taskbar?: The first screenshot at the top I took is my task barbut if you look carefully I want it this way, can you help if I ask how I can do it all this way one by one I have marked?...
  6. which to choose- This is for a labtop I barely used and want to return so which do I choose...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    which to choose- This is for a labtop I barely used and want to return so which do I choose...: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/etlwcs3f41761.png?width=852&format=png&auto=webp&s=1f8c31d68f0b1e5bdaa545d39a7c6f8f4d8404f9 submitted by /u/zaddy800 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kj4x3v/which_to_choose_this_is_for_a_labtop_i_barely/
  7. How do I mute microphone in Speakers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I mute microphone in Speakers?: The microphone sounds are really annoying and I used to be able to mute it through Sounds > Speakers (G533 Gaming Headset) > Levels > Microphone. All I see now is just the slider for Speakers. Here's what it should look like: Disabling Microphone playback. I thought it could...
  8. Where is the microphone and how do I use it and where are the speakers please

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where is the microphone and how do I use it and where are the speakers please: Where is the microphone and how do I use it please also where are the speakers. Thank you Pam Green4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-microphone-and-how-do-i-use-it-and/febe33c6-8050-45e7-b7c5-f3c936f39bac
  9. I do not want to use a PIN. I want to use a Password. How hard is it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I do not want to use a PIN. I want to use a Password. How hard is it?: Ok, first.....I did not fall off the turnip wagon this morning and whack my head on a Maple tree. Using a PIN in place of passwords and two-step verification is one of the most insane, unsafe, non-secure things anyone could do. I do not want the stupid PIN, I will not...
  10. How do I set which one of two logons is used when I boot

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I set which one of two logons is used when I boot: I have two logons on my laptop. I would like a specific logon to be used when I start/restart the laptop. Right now the logon I don't want is the one that's being used. Both logons have passwords. 26255