Windows 10: How do I set windows 10 to automatically shut down at a specific time each night?

Discus and support How do I set windows 10 to automatically shut down at a specific time each night? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have tried several solutions that I found online but none of them have worked. I am using a desktop and need it to shut down even if I am using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by frustratedwin10user, Jan 25, 2019.

1. How do I set windows 10 to automatically shut down at a specific time each night?

I have tried several solutions that I found online but none of them have worked. I am using a desktop and need it to shut down even if I am using the computer so the power off and shut down options don't work.

:)

frustratedwin10user, Jan 25, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Date and time does not run automatically apart from your guided setting

Hi Gopal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing date & time on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have turned on Set time automatically and Set time zone automatically?

Try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to turn on automatic time setup if not yet done.

• Type date and time in Search bar on
      Taskbar
      , click on Change the date and time.
    • Turn on Set time automatically and Set time zone automatically.

Method 2: I suggest you to check with the status of Windows Time service.

Windows Time Service maintains date and time synchronization on all clients and servers in the network. If this service is stopped date and time synchronization will be unavailable. If this service is disabled,
    any services that explicitly depends on it will fail to start.

Step 1: Stop the service:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc, Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Time service and stop.
    • To do so, right click on each service select Stop
    • Restart the device.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Time service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

How do I set windows 10 to automatically shut down at a specific time each night?

Delta6326, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

How do I set windows 10 to automatically shut down at a specific time each night?

1. How do I set windows 10 to automatically shut down at a specific time each night? - Similar Threads - set automatically shut

2. Windows shuts down each night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows shuts down each night: HelloPlease i need your help on this issue.Two of our new devices - Lenovo Core and COntroller with Windows shuts down each night instead of restart as they should.Only way of getting them on again is to pull the plug and back again....
  3. Windows shuts down each night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows shuts down each night: HelloPlease i need your help on this issue.Two of our new devices - Lenovo Core and COntroller with Windows shuts down each night instead of restart as they should.Only way of getting them on again is to pull the plug and back again....
  4. Windows shuts down each night

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do I schedule my computer to shut down automatically at the same time every night?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I schedule my computer to shut down automatically at the same time every night?: Is it possible to schedule my computer to shut down automatically at the same time every night?If so, how is this done?Is there any way to do this without having to do complex coding or coding at all? I hate being compelled to do coding as I fear I'm going to mess something...
  6. How do I schedule my computer to shut down automatically at the same time every night?

How do I schedule my computer to shut down automatically at the same time every night?: Is it possible to schedule my computer to shut down automatically at the same time every night?If so, how is this done?Is there any way to do this without having to do complex coding or coding at all? I hate being compelled to do coding as I fear I'm going to mess something...
  7. PC shuts down at specific time every night

PC shuts down at specific time every night: I watched a video showing me how to make my PC shut down at a specific time every night. I wrote some simple code and now it shuts down at 3:45 every day. I cannot make it stop. I have tried “shutdown -a” and it says “there is no shutdown program”. Most days it is no issue...
  8. PC shuts down at specific time every night

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC shuts down at specific time every night: I watched a video showing me how to make my PC shut down at a specific time every night. I wrote some simple code and now it shuts down at 3:45 every day. I cannot make it stop. I have tried “shutdown -a” and it says “there is no shutdown program”. Most days it is no issue...
  9. PC shuts down at specific time every night

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. shuts down at specific time windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    shuts down at specific time windows 10: Hello, 4 years ago when the window update was really buggy, I set it to update and restart at a specific time 12:07pm. Over the years my schedule has changed and windows still automatically turns itself off without any warning at 12:07 although I paused updates, changed...