Windows 10: how do I set windows 11 file explorer to show the menu bar?

Discus and support how do I set windows 11 file explorer to show the menu bar? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I set windows 11 file explorer to show the menu bar? In Win10, the Folder Options windows has a View tab, and the second option from the top is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Elliot Sloan, Mar 11, 2023.

1. how do I set windows 11 file explorer to show the menu bar?

How do I set windows 11 file explorer to show the menu bar? In Win10, the Folder Options windows has a View tab, and the second option from the top is "Always Show Menus" but in Win 11 this option does not appear.

:)

Elliot Sloan, Mar 11, 2023
  2. justinmreina, Mar 11, 2023
  3. Cant find Toolbar in Internet explorer 11

Hello Cagney,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the toolbar is missing in Internet explorer 11. We will help you.

• Are you facing this issue after any recent updates?
    • Did you check in setting and try to check mark the command bar and check?
    I suggest you to follow some steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Right click on top in empty space near the tabs
      and select Menu Bar and Command Bar and check if the issue is resolved.
    Please post to us if the issue is resolved.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 11, 2023
  4. HaVX Win User

how do I set windows 11 file explorer to show the menu bar?

Windows 11 22H2: KB5020044 update shows File Explorer's menu bar when changing apps' Color mode

After updating my PC to Windows 11 (Pro) OS build 22621.900 with KB5020044, I find that it sometimes shows File Explorer's menu bar unexpectedly.

I found a way to reproduce this issue:

1) Open File Explorer (without the menu bar).

2) Go to [Windows] Settings > Personalization > Colors > Choose your mode > Choose your default app mode, and change this mode: Light -> Dark or Dark -> Light.

3) Go back to File Explorer, minimize the window and then maximize it.

A menu bar will be shown as illustrated in the following screenshots:

how do I set windows 11 file explorer to show the menu bar? 895651f8-ba2e-4601-ba72-87461f50f297?upload=true.png

how do I set windows 11 file explorer to show the menu bar? 04d474c9-e09c-45e0-bb6e-886e6d6b61aa?upload=true.png

I tried to change the key "AlwaysShowMenus" at [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced] from "1' to '0' and repeated the above steps, then the menu bar became a thin line, for example, in dark mode as follows:

how do I set windows 11 file explorer to show the menu bar? 4beced5f-4cb5-4ae1-b900-61cffe5f7f6f?upload=true.png

Note that, even if I never change the color mode (Dark <-> Light), the menu bar still sometimes shows on unexpectedly, regardless of the value of AlwaysShowMenus, 1 or 0.

Thema:

how do I set windows 11 file explorer to show the menu bar?

1. how do I set windows 11 file explorer to show the menu bar? - Similar Threads - set file explorer

2. How can I fix blank file explorer menu bar on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix blank file explorer menu bar on Windows 11?: I've been using this minimalist file explorer of Windows 11 for months. Isn't there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-blank-file-explorer-menu-bar-on/9437ec75-281d-4ede-9eab-be2e56ecdb5d
  3. How can I fix blank file explorer menu bar on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix blank file explorer menu bar on Windows 11?: I've been using this minimalist file explorer of Windows 11 for months. Isn't there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-blank-file-explorer-menu-bar-on/9437ec75-281d-4ede-9eab-be2e56ecdb5d
  4. Windows 11 Explorer menu bar shows when disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Explorer menu bar shows when disabled: Build 25314.1010, Canary insiders channel.This menu bar is really ugly in dark theme. It's not there most of the time, and as far as I can tell, it's disabled. However, let's say I have an explorer window open, and I lock my PC. When I unlock it, and fullscreen/unfullscreen...
  5. Windows 11 Explorer menu bar shows when disabled

Windows 11 Explorer menu bar shows when disabled: Build 25314.1010, Canary insiders channel.This menu bar is really ugly in dark theme. It's not there most of the time, and as far as I can tell, it's disabled. However, let's say I have an explorer window open, and I lock my PC. When I unlock it, and fullscreen/unfullscreen...
  6. how do I set windows 11 file explorer to show the menu bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I set windows 11 file explorer to show the menu bar?: How do I set windows 11 file explorer to show the menu bar? In Win10, the Folder Options windows has a View tab, and the second option from the top is "Always Show Menus" but in Win 11 this option does not appear....
  7. Invisible Menu Bar buttons in Windows 11 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invisible Menu Bar buttons in Windows 11 File Explorer: The Menubar buttons in the Windows 11 File Explorer is not visible. The entire Menubar is inactive as well. It will be really helpful if someone in this community can advise me about a solution to this malfunction....
  8. Invisible Menu Bar buttons in Windows 11 File Explorer

Invisible Menu Bar buttons in Windows 11 File Explorer: The Menubar buttons in the Windows 11 File Explorer is not visible. The entire Menubar is inactive as well. It will be really helpful if someone in this community can advise me about a solution to this malfunction....
  9. How to Remove Menu bar from Windows 11 File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove Menu bar from Windows 11 File Explorer?: This menu bar appeared suddenly out of nowhere. Can anyone help me out to get rid of it. TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-menu-bar-from-windows-11-file/c16dceeb-7691-45a8-a5ee-7ff5db159162
  10. How to Remove Menu bar from Windows 11 File Explorer?

How to Remove Menu bar from Windows 11 File Explorer?: This menu bar appeared suddenly out of nowhere. Can anyone help me out to get rid of it. TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-menu-bar-from-windows-11-file/c16dceeb-7691-45a8-a5ee-7ff5db159162